Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Leagues > XBSHL > League News

Old Jul. 2nd, '17, 5:00 pm   #1
DustyRytStyk
XBS Bully

May 2011 2,029
Long Island, NY
XBS International Summer Series Preview

As we approach the start of the Summer Series tonight, I wanted to provide a brief outlook on each roster and make some predictions, which for the most part, I’m pretty lousy at. Either way, I hope you enjoy the read. First off, let’s take a quick look at the rosters and see how the teams compare to one another. I will follow up the roster analysis with a prediction for the finals of the Summer Series.

Roster Analysis:

Amazingviper
Viper put together a very solid United States squad. He has a nice mix of veterans and some newer members. He definitely has some scoring punch on the roster with himself, Krimsonfire, and Snowman to help carry the load. He has some solid goaltending in BBB who had a great season 18 between the pipes and can also fill in at other positions as well. With OSB and F5 Viper solidified his back end with a guy who loves to throw the body and another who just plays a smart game. And finally, he rounded out his roster with Linkrunner, who can definitely find the back of the net, and two rookies in Watchurback360 and Silk that honestly, I know nothing about. Viper’s team definitely has a shot at winning the whole thing.

Danzerino
The Toronto Maple Leafs, I mean Team Europe, is one scary team put together by our rookie owner, Danzerino. Following the winning script from last season, Danzer added 3 players, (Drug, allthway, Rev) who were all part of the Season 18 Championship team at XBS, and certainly are proven winners. He continued to round out his roster with a bunch of veterans in Banks, TheBoss, and Greek who are dangerous offensive players, and slickeeslick who provides flexibility and a "knows what it takes to win" attitude. Danzer put together a roster with a ton of flexibility and talent and there is no doubt in my mind that they will be one of the teams to beat in the Summer Series.

DesiredCustoms
The old vet just couldn’t resist nabbing Chemical with his first pick and did a pretty fine job of rounding out his roster from that point on. He grabbed Ability to man the pipes and even brought in an old vet in Silentmiller to show some of these young guns a thing or two. He rounded out the roster with a bunch of consistent performers here at XBS in guys like Laynher, Feenix, Odd guy, and hockeyplaya. Feenix and Odd guy will provide some defensive help, Laynher will provide some great depth, and hockeyplaya will help DC and Chemical put the puck in the net. I'm not sure DC has the roster to compete with the stronger teams, but they definitely have the talent to make some waves.

Kabbott50
Kabbott swore he picked his players out a hat during the draft, and if that’s the case, he may be onto something. After nabbing his goaltender and all around utility player in Letters, his next order of business was to grab NR and his buddy Stickflexor to provide a solid 1-2 punch of scoring up front. When it came to available veterans in the draft, Kabbott sure wasn’t shy. By adding Rip, Benchboss, Nutty Grandpa, and Dusty he filled his roster with experience and guys that can fill out complementary roles. He continued to add to his roster with another one of the young guns here NYIsles1972 who plays a solid all around game. Kabbott built a nice mix of players on his roster, and while they may not be the most dangerous team, they certainly will have some fun.

Walkertowsnrngr
The rookie captain in the Czech Republic, Walker chose to go with the veteran route to fill out his entire roster. Clearly looking to start from the pipes out, he grabbed HABS early in the draft. Firepower was a priority as well as Walker drafted both Makakk and SoulControlla two guys that definitely have a nose for the net, and Rushpac and CyanoticGreg, who will definitely add some secondary scoring punch. To help on the back end, Walker landed both Spud and XboxJon, two veteran defensemen who certainly have the experience. Walker is counting on experience to carry the Czech squad and time will tell if that philosophy was a smart one.

Prediction:
I'm going to keep this simple. Just by looking at the rosters, I feel like it's going to be Team USA and Team Europe battling it out in the finals, with Team Europe taking home the title. Out of all the rosters, I think those two teams have the strongest, most well-rounded teams. Now whether my prediction actually comes true, that's anybody's guess. I certainly welcome you guys to get involved in the conversation and provide your predictions as well.

Good luck to everyone and enjoy!

~ Dusty

Last edited by DustyRytStyk; Jul. 2nd, '17 at 11:47 pm.

Old Jul. 2nd, '17, 6:15 pm   #2
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Vezina Hands

Jun 2008 17,734
NE of TO

Great write up Dusty. Thank you for putting that together. Only one more sleep until puck drop

Good luck everyone!

Last edited by BleedBlueBlood; Jul. 2nd, '17 at 6:28 pm.

Old Jul. 2nd, '17, 7:05 pm   #3
canadianwhiskey
Relax, have a drink.

Aug 2008 3,376
Ontario, Canada
Send a message via MSN to canadianwhiskey

Well done. Props.

Old Jul. 2nd, '17, 7:58 pm   #4
kabbott50

Jun 2008 2,783
St. John's, NL
Send a message via MSN to kabbott50

Ugh. What a terrible article.

#proudnewfie
Old Jul. 2nd, '17, 9:39 pm   #5
DesiredCustoms
XBSHL Junkie
Jun 2008 3,258
Niagara Falls, Ontario

Great job mike good luck everyone

Old Jul. 2nd, '17, 9:50 pm   #6
xDementedSpuDx
Go Flames!
Oct 2008 290
New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to xDementedSpuDx

I enjoyed that......Thanks Dusty!

Old Jul. 3rd, '17, 1:20 am   #7
OG Layner

Mar 2016 116
Florida

Great work Dusty! Good luck boys.
Old Jul. 3rd, '17, 6:42 am   #8
Danzerino
The Future of the Habs

Jun 2008 2,570
Montreal, Quebec
Send a message via MSN to Danzerino Send a message via AIM to Danzerino

Nice write up Dusty great job!
Old Jul. 3rd, '17, 7:41 am   #9
DrugMonkeyRX
Pack it up

Jul 2008 7,136
Long Island, NY
Send a message via MSN to DrugMonkeyRX Send a message via AIM to DrugMonkeyRX

Nice work dusty!

Old Jul. 3rd, '17, 11:34 am   #10
x AbiLiTy x
The Legendary SlapNootSki

Feb 2017 103
Indiana

Great write-up, Dusty! Good luck in the Summer Series, fellas!