Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > General Section > Introduction Corner

Old Mar. 31st, '17, 9:29 am   #1
F5 Penguin
Somewhat of a Cone

Mar 2017 43
SWFL
27 Mic check. Testing 1, 2, 3. Is this thing on?

Hello new Internet Sporting League for the Xbox Console.

I'm Penguin. I don't know if I know many of you but I know Rushpac and Nutty Grandpa who both referred me here.

They said I need to tell you about myself. Since I'm literally horrible at that to the point where I asked Rushpac to write my bio for my media site, we'll see how this goes.

So I'm old enough to know what beepers are but young enough to not have only 5 channels on TV that sign off nightly {Hi Nutty }. Or even bag cell phones, that was before my time as well. I live in Southwest FL, played IRL hockey when I was a kid in NJ. One of my two sons are old enough to play hockey now down here. I'm a Devils turned Lightning fan and have been supporting the Bolts since 2008.

I've been involved in the new media vertical since 2007, and created a live podcast that ran for 450+ episodes and is top 10% in longest-running podcasts on iTunes. We covered events like CES, E3, PAX, GDC and others. The show continues to this day and even though I'm no longer involved I still attend events in the tech and gaming spaces. Beyond that I work with brands to build social and new media strategies in order to market to millenials and their attention focuses; whether that be assisting with convention and event production or creating content during said events. Through that I've developed a cool network of awesome people that I consider to be more than colleagues. I then bring those people onto my broadcasts that I host, as I've since launched my own brand around live video, influencer marketing and all things media. I've also spent some time working with a software dev startup as an Ops Manager and UI analyst.

Gaming things.. I'm a Founding Xbox Ambassador and have been since 2011. That has transcended into now being a main anchor on what we're calling the Ambassadors Play! Program. Our content has been hosted on Beam since July, which I believe is the future of live content for the Xbox and Windows platforms. My show airs live on your Xbox One, Beam mobile apps or Beam.pro Wednesdays at 8p ET (shameless plug). Rushpac occasionally tries to be funny on the show, too. So needless to say I'm passionate about the Xbox brand and subsequently the Windows brand as well. I switched from being a Sony guy in 2008 when I bought Madden 09 and an Xbox 360 Elite, and I haven't looked back. My first console I owned in my house when I was little was the Sega Genesis and I can remember playing Madden 94 every day to the point where I memorized the playbooks. I still have that game on my shelf, too. I also remember having an NES in my grandma's house and she also ended up getting a Super Nintendo and that's when I started playing NHL 94.

In other gaming news, I'm adamant about pushing the eSports and Mobile gaming verticals, but still put devs' feets to the fire when it comes to making quality PC or console games. It's safe to say those who know me know I ruffle EA's feathers on a daily basis, and I try to get them to be accountable and transparent as much as possible.

Hey look, that went well. Anyway I'm excited to be here, I have terrible thumbs and I know how to sometimes press up on the right stick. I play pretty decent defense, and am sometimes known to hold down a right wing position. Looking forward to playing with some decent human beings and being done with that other Gaming League reversed.

You're welcome to follow me on Twitter @f5penguin. Full disclosure and parting note: I'm not a Penguins fan, just a fan of penguins.

Last edited by F5 Penguin; Mar. 31st, '17 at 4:09 pm.
Old Mar. 31st, '17, 9:46 am   #2
DrugMonkeyRX
Pack it up

Jul 2008 7,222
Long Island, NY
Send a message via MSN to DrugMonkeyRX Send a message via AIM to DrugMonkeyRX

Very excited that you found your way over here Penguin. I have a feeling youre going to really like it here.

Welcome to XBS!
Old Mar. 31st, '17, 9:51 am   #3
Rushpac
The Pylon of all Pylons
Feb 2017 62
Philadelphia, PA

Careful Drug, I don't think he grinds like me though

Old Mar. 31st, '17, 9:54 am   #4
DrugMonkeyRX
Pack it up

Jul 2008 7,222
Long Island, NY
Send a message via MSN to DrugMonkeyRX Send a message via AIM to DrugMonkeyRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushpac View Post
Careful Drug, I don't think he grinds like me though
its ok we can change that
Old Mar. 31st, '17, 9:59 am   #5
bones56
I lock people up

Jun 2008 5,634
Long Island NY
Send a message via MSN to bones56 Send a message via AIM to bones56

welcome

Old Mar. 31st, '17, 10:01 am   #6
DustyRytStyk
Kabbott Is My Idol

May 2011 2,222
Long Island, NY

That may have been the longest intro in XBS history lol. F5 thanks for coming to join us. I really think you will enjoy it here.

Old Mar. 31st, '17, 10:04 am   #7
F5 Penguin
Somewhat of a Cone

Mar 2017 43
SWFL

I always either post not enough or too much. I'm never Baby Bear (just right).

Also, Rushpac, I grind like a Pretty Ricky song.
Old Mar. 31st, '17, 10:30 am   #8
GetLowBanks
aka: RickJamezl3ish

May 2011 1,258
Windsor

Welcome Peguin. Very interested in the podcasts and millennial attention. Good stuff.

Old Mar. 31st, '17, 10:36 am   #9
OldTimeHockey
The Garbage Man

Jul 2008 7,875
South Amboy, NJ
Send a message via MSN to OldTimeHockey

You used to be a Devils fan and no longer are? I don't think we can be friends. Remember your roots bro.

LOL. Welcome to the site! Enjoy your stay. I went to CES this year, but for fun, not to cover it.

Old Mar. 31st, '17, 10:52 am   #10
F5 Penguin
Somewhat of a Cone

Mar 2017 43
SWFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimeHockey View Post
You used to be a Devils fan and no longer are? I don't think we can be friends. Remember your roots bro.

LOL. Welcome to the site! Enjoy your stay. I went to CES this year, but for fun, not to cover it.
I know I know. I held on as long as I could but when I moved to Tampa in 2003 I became a season ticket member there and they grew on me. I love my Bolts now!

Tags
charming, colorful, humorous, informative, welcoming