Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > RPG's

Old Aug. 19th, '10, 1:20 pm   #1
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,702
Boston
Default World of Warcraft

After a long layoff I started playing again. Got the expansion packs and all that fun stuff. They've done some nice upgrades with this game as far as playability. My Hunter used to be maxed at level 60, but the new level cap is 80 now. Got him to 80 last week, and been running some high-end dungeons and having a blast.

If anyone is looking for an easy-to-play and fun MMORPG, I'm on the Kargath server and play as Kojiki - Night Elf Hunter.

The new quests are fun, I've actually enjoyed going through them and many of them are satires of popular culture. I'm also leveling a Death Knight and a Priest. Managed to get some l33t l00t in some of the dungeon runs, and now fly around on my very own Bronze Drake, and have a kickass Core Hound for a pet. Good times.

Old Aug. 19th, '10, 2:01 pm   #2
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 18,200
Toronto

But the big question is....do you use the Mr. T mohawk grenade?

Old Aug. 19th, '10, 2:04 pm   #3
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,702
Boston

I'll have you know that this a seasonal item, and yes I do!

Old Aug. 19th, '10, 2:06 pm   #4
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 18,200
Toronto

seasonal item? What...they only grow on Mohawk trees in the spring?

Old Aug. 20th, '10, 9:51 am   #5
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,702
Boston

They are only made available around certain holidays.

Old Dec. 7th, '10, 12:50 pm   #6
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,702
Boston

The new expansion (Cataclysm) came out at midnight PST. I stayed up and got a few hours of gameplay in with the new Alliance race - the Worgen. A lot of fun right now, really like the look and feel of this race. Going to fly over greater Azeroth with my Blue Drake later tonight to take a look at the devastation and changes to the zones.

As far as launches go this one was flawless. They said they'd go live at midnight PST, and when I logged in at 12:01 AM this morning I was able to log in access all the features of the expansion without a single hitch.

Nicely done Blizzard!

Old Dec. 8th, '10, 12:04 pm   #7
Xenogenetic

Jun 2008 1,544
Ottawa, ON
Send a message via MSN to Xenogenetic

Man, I would love to get into this with you Pete. Time, time, time...there is never enough of it!
Old Dec. 8th, '10, 1:55 pm   #8
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,702
Boston

I hear you man! What has helped me find time for this game is the fact that the family has kind of adopted it as its game of choice. My wife and I made a couple of Goblins last night (the other new playable race) and had fun playing them for a few hours. Both my 8 and (soon to be) 6 year old boys play this game as well. All told I have 3 WoW accounts and they all get used on a daily basis.

Its been a great motivational and learning tool for the kids as well. My boys are learning to read maps and think strategically about how to complete quests. They also know that there is no WoW until all their homework is done. Their homework is assigned on Mondays and is due on Fridays. You better believe both of them sit down and get all their work done on Mondays. I go through and check it when they are done, and they go back and re-work areas where needed.

Its been a lot of fun, and we have our own little family guild set up.

I am mostly playing lower level characters with the wife and kids right now, but its nice to have a couple of high level guys I can call upon to assist with quests when needed.

Last edited by OSB; Dec. 8th, '10 at 1:56 pm.

Old Dec. 24th, '10, 1:29 pm   #9
Tacosunday
Do You Want A Taco?
Nov 2010 142
Orange County
Send a message via MSN to Tacosunday Send a message via AIM to Tacosunday Send a message via Skype™ to Tacosunday

I quite enjoy W.o.W Ive been playing it off and on till cata, which now play it more than normally until ive been slightly bored and not wanting to gear up for heroics. in the first three days ive gotten both my level 80 characters to level 85, Even though it was quickly done they quest lines for cata were amazing. When leveling being fully geared from the whole Lich King ordeal helped a bunch making it easier quicker to kill things and such. (85 Rogue/85 Pally King Slayer) I play on the Burning Legion realm
The question is do you want a Taco?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7HzYa1QhwU
Old Dec. 24th, '10, 10:17 pm   #10
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,702
Boston

I've done the opposite. I'm leveling a Worgen Druid and a Goblin Shaman, two classes I haven't played to the high levels yet. I haven't started leveling/questing with my level 80 Night Elf Hunter and Death Knight yet, but they're geared to the gills and ready to go for when I feel like it.

Enjoying both the Shaman and Druid, I like their versatility!