Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > RPG's

Old Jan. 25th, '17, 12:15 pm   #1
BleedBlueBlood
Toronto Owner/Captain

Jun 2008 18,285
Toronto
Default For Honor

Since there's a group of us who are getting pretty excited about this game's release, I thought I would share.

The beta for For Honor begins tomorrow and you can still sign up.

http://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-...ter/index.aspx

The world of For Honor is harsh, yet filled with beautiful wildlands, grandiose landmarks, and majestic ruins. Its hardy inhabitants eke a living as they can in spite of living in a state of near perpetual war. A cataclysm struck a millenium ago, nearly destroying all civilizations. Homelands were sundered, empires burned, and whole nations exiled themselves. From the ashes of this catastrophe, the Knights, Vikings, and Samurai rose again. They struggled to rebuild their nations, trying to recapture the glory of their ancestors.

Carve a path of destruction through vivid, larger-than-life battlefields in For Honor, a ground-breaking action game developed by Ubisoft Montreal in collaboration with other Ubisoft studios.

For Honor will be released on February 14, 2017 on PlayStation®4 system, Xbox One, and PC.

Pierce the fog of war and join bold Knights, brutal Vikings, and deadly Samurais as they battle across lush, challenging battle maps. Master medieval weaponry and participate in brutal, fast-paced melee combat in an engaging story campaign and novel multiplayer modes.

The Art of Battle, For Honor’s innovative control system, puts you in total control of your Heroes. Each has distinct skills and uses unique melee weapons. Combat is designed to deliver the feeling of true dueling without sacrificing accessibility and simplicity. It has been created through motion capture by real martial artists and professional stuntmen to bring the action to life like never before.

http://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-...nfo/index.aspx

Old Jan. 25th, '17, 1:49 pm   #2
Makakk88
Just Joe

May 2011 1,175

HYPE IS REAL.

But I gotta tell you guys, I had a hard time getting accepted for beta because I'm french canadian.

Old Jan. 25th, '17, 3:00 pm   #3
BleedBlueBlood
Toronto Owner/Captain

Jun 2008 18,285
Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makakk88 View Post
HYPE IS REAL.

But I gotta tell you guys, I had a hard time getting accepted for beta because I'm french canadian.
Those guys in Montreal are racist towards real French people....you should have told them to get their p*ssies on the chainwax! (inside Kay and Peele joke).

Old Jan. 25th, '17, 4:06 pm   #4
OldTimeHockey
The Garbage Man

Jul 2008 7,885
South Amboy, NJ
Send a message via MSN to OldTimeHockey

Makaak....you get your code yet or just the acceptance email?

Old Jan. 27th, '17, 1:43 pm   #5
BleedBlueBlood
Toronto Owner/Captain

Jun 2008 18,285
Toronto

We were kinda disappointed with this game. It's like a cross between Assassin's Creed and Rainbow Six, It's cool when you play it with friends for the laughs and because you have to work as a team, but it does get quite repetitive (that's why I stopped playing the AC games). Not worth buying in my opinion.

Old Jan. 27th, '17, 11:49 pm   #6
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,763
Fontanafredda, Italy
Send a message via MSN to Latdogg Send a message via Skype™ to Latdogg Send a message via Yahoo to Latdogg

I didn't get sent a code so I didn't even get to try it out. Glad to hear I may not be missing much.
Old Jan. 28th, '17, 12:35 pm   #7
BleedBlueBlood
Toronto Owner/Captain

Jun 2008 18,285
Toronto

Well, after playing it more last night, it's actually growing on some of us. There are some really fun aspects of the game, but with this alpha beta version, I can't say it's worth buying for 80. We'll have to see what else they add into the game. It's odd because you can have up to 8 people in the social party, but only a max of 4 players can be brought into a game. So it seems like there may be game options missing. So right now, we're taking a wait and see approach.

But I will say, it's so much more enjoyable when you take the time to learn how to fight properly and thus, you'll win more matches than you lose.

Old Jan. 28th, '17, 6:37 pm   #8
OldTimeHockey
The Garbage Man

Jul 2008 7,885
South Amboy, NJ
Send a message via MSN to OldTimeHockey

Wait for some sucker to buy it for 80 and when they sell it back for 30 you can pick it up for 60

Old Jan. 28th, '17, 7:35 pm   #9
BleedBlueBlood
Toronto Owner/Captain

Jun 2008 18,285
Toronto

Yeah, I did more research today about the game and didn't see anything for more than 4 people. Besides, we didn't like the Dominion game mode, we prefer the duel 1v1 or brawls 2v2 much more. Its not worth 80 bucks in our eyes. I'd buy at 40 max.

Old Jan. 30th, '17, 12:55 pm   #10
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,120
Portland, OR
Send a message via MSN to SoulControlla99

How long is the beta open for? Friend of mine downloaded it on my console but I never tried it yet.