Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > RPG's

Old Nov. 21st, '14, 6:56 am   #1
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,761
Fontanafredda, Italy
Send a message via MSN to Latdogg Send a message via Skype™ to Latdogg Send a message via Yahoo to Latdogg
Default Dragon Age: Inquisition

Did anyone pick this up yet? I'm going to grab it today before I head in to work. I really enjoyed the first two in this series and am looking forward to diving in this one. I read that you can log on to Origin and input your choices and such from the first two so that they carry over to here. I still need to beat Mordor but this game will be ready to go on deck!
Old Nov. 21st, '14, 11:12 am   #2
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,118
Portland, OR
Send a message via MSN to SoulControlla99

I played the full trial version. It was pretty cool, just like the other two. I don't know how long it would last but the multiplayer was pretty fun too. This game is definitely on my list of games to look for on Black Friday. The single player is supposed to have 90hrs of playing time in it and if you're a fan of the other ones, I'd definitely pick this one up.

Edit: For those who don't have the demo, the multiplayer allows 4 players to do a 5 level dungeon crawl together getting loot and defeating a few different bosses. Like I said, it was pretty fun to play, I just don't know what kind of staying power it would have. Who knows, you can use a bunch of different classes, unlocking more as you collect items to craft their armor.

Last edited by SoulControlla99; Nov. 21st, '14 at 11:19 am.
Old Nov. 21st, '14, 1:23 pm   #3
thebigschnoz
#47 | Offensive D-man

Jun 2010 1,530
Buffalo, NY
Send a message via MSN to thebigschnoz Send a message via Skype™ to thebigschnoz

Official reviewers have a crazy score for it, something like 9/10. User reviewers gave it something in the 5's, saying it's terrible graphically, doesn't look or play anything like the old game, etc etc. I want a good RPG but after hearing all that, I'm gonna pass.

Old Nov. 21st, '14, 1:27 pm   #4
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL
Send a message via MSN to Jcon77 Send a message via AIM to Jcon77

I thought it looked great in the videos I've seen and the sheer amount of gameplay had me intrigued.

Old Nov. 22nd, '14, 1:10 am   #5
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,118
Portland, OR

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigschnoz View Post
Official reviewers have a crazy score for it, something like 9/10. User reviewers gave it something in the 5's, saying it's terrible graphically, doesn't look or play anything like the old game, etc etc. I want a good RPG but after hearing all that, I'm gonna pass.
Lots of people give FIFA 2s and 3s every year too. Haters gonna hate. It seems like a good game after playing it for about 5 hours. Seemed like the other ones, only with way better graphics.
Old Nov. 22nd, '14, 7:06 am   #6
Blaklash

Jan 2012 1,264

Pretty much what Soul said. In my opinion the game is very good. Gonna go ahead and go out on a limb and say that most of the ridiculously low reviews are coming from Bioware fans who are notoriously difficult to please and do not like when games try to change their interface at all. The game has some quirks (It does have some framerate issues, and I've had it freeze once on me) but the reason to play an RPG is for the story and it more than delivers there. It's also incredibly long, as I've played for around 60 hours and I'm still not sure if I'm even close to done with my first play through. And I'm not a graphics guru, but the game looks fine for a current gen game. Suffice to say I love this game so far.

I think it's worth a pickup. But, Assassin's Creed is also out so that is another alternative if you're looking for something new.

Old Nov. 23rd, '14, 7:48 am   #7
slow elk
Champipple

Jul 2008 2,729
Winterset, IA

Picked it up...haven't played much yet, but Dragon Age is always a must-buy.
Old Nov. 23rd, '14, 10:24 am   #8
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,761
Fontanafredda, Italy
Send a message via MSN to Latdogg Send a message via Skype™ to Latdogg Send a message via Yahoo to Latdogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow elk View Post
Picked it up...haven't played much yet, but Dragon Age is always a must-buy.
I have played now for a few hours. It seems much more in depth compared to the other two. I still really want to beat Mordor but I feel that is going to take a back seat to this game. I went on to the The Keep and imported all my game information from the first two titles (expansions included). I'm not sure how that will all play into the story of Inquisition but we shall see. I'm looking forward to getting deeper into this one.
Old Nov. 23rd, '14, 11:07 am   #9
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,702
Boston

I'm going to see what kind of deal I can get on cyber Monday on this game. I played/completed the first two games, so this is a must for me.

Old Nov. 23rd, '14, 6:38 pm   #10
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,118
Portland, OR

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSB View Post
I'm going to see what kind of deal I can get on cyber Monday on this game. I played/completed the first two games, so this is a must for me.
Just remember to go to dragonagekeep.com to set up your backstory before you play. It's like Mass Effect but because of the cross generational thing, you have to input all your choices by hand online. It'll play your story for you when you're done which is fun.