Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Other Sports > Golf

Old Apr. 22nd, '11, 2:08 pm   #11
bones56
I lock people up

Jun 2008 5,634
Long Island NY
Send a message via MSN to bones56 Send a message via AIM to bones56

do you have to join anything?? Doesn't look like it, i loved how links set up their leagues and tourney's

Old Apr. 22nd, '11, 2:13 pm   #12
ExArmySgt
Jun 2008 2,662
Vidor, Texas
Send a message via MSN to ExArmySgt Send a message via AIM to ExArmySgt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujimum View Post
OK, cool. Next question, do you have to play all four rounds in one sitting? I've never really did the tournaments because the scores were insane, but if I have reason to do them, I will.

Kind of like racing games, I used to not do them because the speeds they were getting just weren't "normal". Then I played with a small group that only counted "friend scores" and I became competitive again. Oddly enough, I cracked the top 100 scores online a few times. That's an accomplishment considering people were glitching
So to clarify, the tournament is the Eagle Classic - Tour Pro listed under Weekly tournaments. At the time of the post, you have 2 days and 15 hours to complete the four rounds. Since it is via EA's setup, you can play alone at your leisure. The custom tournament that I will determine the settings for will need to be played with a partner.

The daily tournament round will be either the daily tournament for Saturday or Sunday, take your pick. Any other questions, hit me up.
Old Apr. 22nd, '11, 2:15 pm   #13
ShoalinCowboy76
Goonie for Life!

Dec 2008 1,597
Harrisonburg, Virginia
Send a message via MSN to ShoalinCowboy76

Quote:
OK, cool. Next question, do you have to play all four rounds in one sitting? I've never really did the tournaments because the scores were insane, but if I have reason to do them, I will.

Kind of like racing games, I used to not do them because the speeds they were getting just weren't "normal". Then I played with a small group that only counted "friend scores" and I became competitive again. Oddly enough, I cracked the top 100 scores online a few times. That's an accomplishment considering people were glitching
No you don't have to do it all at once. It's the Eagle Classic. To get there go to:
Quick Play
Xbox Live
Live Tournaments
Scroll to the right to find "Weekly Tournaments"
You should see it on the list.

As of when I make this post you have 2 days 14 Hours to complete it so the time constraint is not as bad as all that.

*Edit* - Man Joe we must have posted within seconds of each other.

Last edited by ShoalinCowboy76; Apr. 23rd, '11 at 4:15 am.
"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge." - Charles Darwin
Old Apr. 22nd, '11, 2:17 pm   #14
ShoalinCowboy76
Goonie for Life!

Dec 2008 1,597
Harrisonburg, Virginia
Send a message via MSN to ShoalinCowboy76

First Round: 66
-6 for the round.

Second Round: 63
-9 for the round.

Third Round:

Fourth Round:

Will amend this post with my remaining scores as I play them. Must sleep now.

Last edited by ShoalinCowboy76; Apr. 23rd, '11 at 3:00 pm.
"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge." - Charles Darwin
Old Apr. 22nd, '11, 3:16 pm   #15
ExArmySgt
Jun 2008 2,662
Vidor, Texas

I posted a -8 though should have been a couple of strokes better. My best putt of the day (for an eagle) though I had a 26 footer with some break too that was nice.

Last edited by ExArmySgt; Apr. 22nd, '11 at 4:26 pm.
Old Apr. 22nd, '11, 3:45 pm   #16
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

Stupid, stupid question. How do you upload highlights? I added my code the other night ONLY to get that option. I didn't see it anywhere.
Old Apr. 22nd, '11, 4:00 pm   #17
ExArmySgt
Jun 2008 2,662
Vidor, Texas

Quote:
Stupid, stupid question. How do you upload highlights? I added my code the other night ONLY to get that option. I didn't see it anywhere.
If you have saved a clip, go to:

Quick Play
Xbox Live
EA Sports Gamer Net

From there you will see choices along the bottom and one should be "My Local Clips". Choose that and a list of your saved shots are on the left. Click the one you want and you will be presented a list that pops up from the bottom. Choose 'Create EA Sports Highlight'. Once that is done, you go to easportswolrd.com and log in. I trust you'll know what to do from there but certainly ask if you don't.
Old Apr. 22nd, '11, 4:08 pm   #18
Rip Winkle
Administrator

Aug 2008 6,626
Canada

Thanks a lot for doing this Joe…played a few times with XBS fellas already and I must say having a total blast. One thing that I was a little curious about was when the competitions/tourneys get going…one thing I look forward to was the other golfers attire….like your buddy’s screaming OJ slacks….Cowboys smoke’n purple shorts with his sandals…and Bongs fancy smancy chapeau….….just adds a little variety to the round. Not sure how you would do it but I think we would find guys wearing the same old uniforms unless there was some type of system in place.

I realize this is something that would come down the road after the handicaps were sorted out and such if at all…just throwing it out there.

Peace

Site > League > Team > Self
Old Apr. 22nd, '11, 4:16 pm   #19
BleedBlueBlood
Toronto Owner/Captain

Jun 2008 18,289
Toronto

I'll join up tonight

Old Apr. 22nd, '11, 4:38 pm   #20
MGM

Jun 2008 1,829
St. Louis, Missouri
Send a message via MSN to MGM

First Round: +6!! I was -2 through 10 and then the wife comes down to clean the basement and all hell broke loose. I thought it would be fun at the end of the summer to have a Ryder Cup type event... USA vs Canada. That would be really cool. Thanks for organizing this Joe.

Round 1: +6
Round 2: E
Round 3: +9
Round 4: +6
Total: +21

Last edited by MGM; Apr. 24th, '11 at 3:54 pm.