Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Leagues > XBSHL > League News

Old May. 4th, '18, 7:00 pm   #1
KT
Jul 2008 5,184
Vancouver, B.C
Default Week 2 Three Stars

I'll be honest here, nobody's stats really stood out to me this week. I feel like that is a tribute to how balanced the teams are and how competitive the games have been so far this season. Interestingly, nobody had a perfect week. There weren't any high +/- posted or super impressive records. Most of the defensemen struggled this week with low D-Ratings. Offensively there were a few forwards that put up solid points but again.. everything else looked flat. The starting goaltenders looked fairly average as well. The backup goaltenders however, were pretty impressive. Overall, there weren't any mind-boggling numbers. This is the first time in a long time that this has happened. It will be interesting to see if this trend continues, or if some players start to separate themselves from the pack. Without further ado, here are your Three Stars for Week 2.

Makakk88
Calgary Flames
[ Forward | 7gp | 5g | 13a | 18pts ] - [ Week Record | 3-3-1 ]

Makkak had a solid week for the Flames, scoring 5 goals and 13 assists in 7 games. He was the OT hero in the Flames 5-4 victory over the Islanders to close out the week. He's showing no signs of slowing down, and has looked very consistent so far this season. Makkak has been a very solid pick for owner DesiredCustoms. He went in the 3rd round of the Season 21 Draft, and has emerged as one of the Flames top players. Calgary will need this kind of consistency out of him for the rest of the season if they want to continue moving up the standings. He is your 1st star this week!

CyanoticGreg
New York Islanders
[ Forward | 4gp | 8g | 4a | 12pts ] - [ Week Record | 2-1-1 ]

Whenever a player averages 3 points a game it's nothing to overlook. CyanoticGreg contributed to the Islanders offense in a big way this week. Scoring 8 goals and 4 assists in just 4 games. He is looking more motivated than ever this season and is tied for 2nd in goals (11). As one of the more underrated players in the league, CyanoticGreg had himself an outstanding week. Going very late in the draft this season (10th round), he's looking like a steal so far for GetLowBanks and company. He is your 2nd star this week!

The Riddler3
Minnesota Wild
[ Defense | 6gp | 2g | 4a | 6pts ] --- [ Goalie | 2gp | 2.00gaa | .879% ] - [ Week Record | 4-4-0 ]

The Riddler3 was the star for the Wild this week, scoring 2 goals, and 4 assists in 6 games on the blueline. We also got to see him make his first appearance in net this week, shutting out the Golden Knights in their 4-0 victory Thursday evening. The Riddler has been the most consistent player for Minnesota so far this season, and leads all defense in assists (14), and points (17). Now that he's shown what he can also do as a goalie, he might just find himself in serious contention for the Hart trophy if he can continue putting up solid numbers. The Riddler is your 3rd star this week!

Old May. 4th, '18, 7:39 pm   #2
LegendOfLayNher
Mar 2016 248
Florida

Good work and congrats all!
Old May. 4th, '18, 9:27 pm   #3
DustyRytStyk
Kabbott Is My Idol

May 2011 2,150
Long Island, NY

Congrats to the selections. Thanks for taking the time to do this KT.
Old May. 4th, '18, 9:42 pm   #4
DrugMonkeyRX
Pack it up

Jul 2008 7,221
Long Island, NY
Send a message via MSN to DrugMonkeyRX Send a message via AIM to DrugMonkeyRX

great job KT

Congrats on the winners
Old May. 5th, '18, 8:15 am   #5
Makakk88
Just Joe

May 2011 1,095

Thanks for the nod KT, good write-up. Contrats to others and yes it has been a very competitive season so far. Tons of close games.

Old May. 5th, '18, 9:50 am   #6
The Riddler3
Dec 2017 20

Thanks KT!

Did anyone happen to catch the second game where I forgot I was the goalie and I moved out of the net on the dump-in?
Old May. 5th, '18, 9:56 am   #7
GetLowBanks
aka: RickJamezl3ish

May 2011 1,232
Windsor

Congrats guys!
Old May. 5th, '18, 2:45 pm   #8
OldTimeHockey
The Garbage Man

Jul 2008 7,813
South Amboy, NJ
Send a message via MSN to OldTimeHockey

Congrats you three!!!
Old May. 5th, '18, 6:40 pm   #9
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 18,109
Toronto

Congrats guys, well deserved! Great job KT.