Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > RPG's

Old Dec. 29th, '16, 10:19 pm   #1
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,160
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Default Final Fantasy XV

Goddamn. Get your hankies ready before you finish this game. So many feels.

Is anyone else playing? I found that it had some shortcomings in that there's this huge, exciting, open world from chapters 1-8, followed by a way too quick on-rails 7 chapters that only half-succeeds in telling a coherent story... but the characters are great and the combat is pretty damn cool. Best FF game in 17 years!

Also, this chick.

"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne
Old Dec. 29th, '16, 10:22 pm   #2
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,761
Fontanafredda, Italy
Send a message via MSN to Latdogg Send a message via Skype™ to Latdogg Send a message via Yahoo to Latdogg

I have not played it as the setting turned me off. To me it is weird to see such a modern setting. I have heard good things though so I may end up grabbing it anyways. I still have some late Xmas presents en route to me so I will hold off to make sure this game isn't one of them.
Old Dec. 30th, '16, 1:14 am   #3
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,160
Winnipeg, Manitoba

I thought the same at first, but honestly, while many details are different, it's "modern" only in the same ways as 7 or 8.

I was bored to tears by every game in the series after 9, and this was kind of a last chance to keep me interested (haven't bought any of them NEW since 12). I'm mostly quite happy. The creators that took 10 years to make the game are also saying they want to go back in and satisfy the complaints people have in the game's 2nd half - unorthodox, but I get the sense Square really felt everyone's frustration with their boring and meandering games over the last 15 years. Better late than never?

"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne
Old Dec. 30th, '16, 8:10 am   #4
TheBossCwC
Jaromir Jagr

Sep 2011 581
London, ON

I liked FF 10

KCCO

Old Dec. 30th, '16, 11:20 am   #5
kabbott50

Jun 2008 2,755
St. John's, NL
Send a message via MSN to kabbott50

I got it Christmas Day but haven't played it a whole lot. Got through the first two chapters and managed to get stuck getting the sword behind the waterfall. Apparently the recommended level before going there is 19. I'm at 14. Gonna have to back track and do some more side quests before going back I guess!

#proudnewfie
Old Jan. 3rd, '17, 8:58 am   #6
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,694
Boston

I used to be a huge fan back in the day, but they lost me in recent years with the games. I still love their animated moves, especially the CGI ones, and even watch them regularly. I'm definitely going to have to give this a shot. I need more time for gaming dangit!!

Old Jan. 3rd, '17, 9:26 am   #7
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,160
Winnipeg, Manitoba

I wasnt going to go back for side quests after beating the main game, but I got bored and popped it in.... unlike every other FF game, Square added a TON of stuff for you to do afterward, including one crazy fucking level 99 boss I am actually stoked about taking on once I level up enough and do some of the special dungeons.