Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Leagues > XBSHL > League News

Old Jun. 3rd, '18, 9:03 pm   #1
DustyRytStyk
Kabbott Is My Idol

May 2011 2,196
Long Island, NY
Default XBS 3 Stars: Week 6

Hey boys....Sorry but the three stars this week will most likely be my worst piece of writing ever. As a last minute fill in, I wanted to at least get something up for you guys. My apologies for picking a star that may have already been chosen in a previous week as I like to spread the love. Thanks for being patient as I know these are a tad late than what you are used to. Enjoy!

Calgary Offense
[ Offense | 37 goals for | 138 shots for ] - [ Week Record | 8-0-0 ]

Sorry if this seems like the cop out/easy pick but Calgary had all 5 of the top scorers in the league and that cannot be overlooked. No Regretzky's led the way with 16 points in only 4 games but his teammates weren't far behind. Soulglow, Skjei, DesiredCustoms, and Burnzie put up a combined 53 points and all 5 of these red hot Flames were 4 - 0 on the week. The main strength of Calgary is their offense, with their great puck movement and cycle game in the offensive zone, that more often than not allows them to dominate on TOA. As the regular season winds down this offense shows no sign of letting off the gas and they will be a very dangerous foe come playoff time.

GetLowBanks
New York Islanders
[ Defense | 6gp | 1g | 4a | 5pts ] --- [ Goalie | 2gp | 4.00gaa | .810% ] - [ Week Record | 4-3-1 ]

You probably saw Banks' name and said to yourself, man he must have had one impressive week on offense. But here is the kicker, he is being named here because of just how dominant he was playing defense for his New York Islanders. His 95.5 D-Rating was first among defensemen, even beating out our resident All-Star Drugmonkey and his +/- of +8 was ranked 2nd. Also, he was a physical force with 17 hits while also adding 5 points which were both good for third among defensemen. Always known as one of the more potent scorers here at XBS, Banks let his play in the defensive zone do the talking this week.

OSB
New York Islanders
[ Defense | 2gp | 0g | 0a | 0pts ] --- [ Goalie | 2gp | 1.00gaa | .846% ] - [ Week Record | 2-1-1 ]

I wouldn't normally choose someone with such a limited body of work (2 games), but when somebody who doesn't normally man the pipes goes 2 - 0, I take notice. OSB, when called upon this week, was a real show stopper in the crease for the Islanders. Both his GAA and GAA 5 v. 5 were 1.00 and his save percentage of .846 was third in the league among the names of Laynher and Fluky. He didn't face a ton of shots in either of his games but at this point all that matters is the "W" and that is exactly what he provided for the Islanders. The goaltending position can be an absolute nightmare in this game yet it was all sweet dreams for OSB this week.

Old Jun. 3rd, '18, 9:11 pm   #2
LayNher
Mar 2016 285
Florida

Great work Dusty!

Old Jun. 3rd, '18, 9:20 pm   #3
BenchBoss67

Oct 2008 2,368
West Chester, PA
Send a message via MSN to BenchBoss67 Send a message via AIM to BenchBoss67 Send a message via Yahoo to BenchBoss67

Well done Mike

Old Jun. 3rd, '18, 10:14 pm   #4
Burnzie79

Sep 2008 61
Ottawa, ON

You broke Ryo's heart Dusty. He was so hoping to finally get his first ever star of the week. Now he only gets a tiny fraction.

Old Jun. 4th, '18, 5:33 am   #5
OldTimeHockey
The Garbage Man

Jul 2008 7,845
South Amboy, NJ
Send a message via MSN to OldTimeHockey

Thanks for stepping in KrustyMike.

Old Jun. 4th, '18, 9:14 am   #6
Nico 916 Suave
Sir Gorgeous

Jul 2011 3,645
Pittsburgh, PA

Good write up mike! Congrats guys

Old Jun. 4th, '18, 9:46 am   #7
allthway
Master
May 2014 726

Beautiful!

Hello
Old Jun. 4th, '18, 10:23 am   #8
silentmiller
Mix it with love,babe.

Jul 2008 2,291

Good work as usual!

Old Jun. 4th, '18, 5:37 pm   #9
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 18,199
Toronto

Congrats guys and thanks Mike.

Old Jun. 4th, '18, 6:21 pm   #10
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,700
Boston

Congratulations to the winners this week!

I'm humbled by the mention, thank you Dusty. As you rightly mentioned, I didn't face a lot of shots - a tremendous amount of credit to the guys playing in front of me that night: GetLowBanks, KosmicEA, CyanoticGreg, caseobeerz, and DrugMonkeyRX!