Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Leagues > XBSHL > League News

Old Aug. 5th, '18, 8:07 pm   #1
allthway
Master
May 2014 748
Default Week 3 Power Rankings -

Week 3 Record: (5-3-0) Season Record: (18-6-0)
They're still producing wins in LA, and its starting to seem effortless. On a week the rest of the league won half their games, the Kings seemed to clean up and keep a solid lead over Colorado in the standings. With 2 weeks left we have to wonder if a 4 point lead will hold up. The Kings aren't setting the league on fire by scoring. They play a very tight defensive game. The forwards evenly distribute the puck and the defense have very respectable numbers for D rating. I guess where I'm going with this is that they're a complete team with a goaltending tandem that gets the job done. They're not flashy statistically but they're winning and that's all that matters.

Key Player: Sabres19892 - Forward - 6gp | 4g | 8a | 12pts --- Defense - 1gp | 1g | 0a | 1pts
A little rookie recognition here for the guy who lead his team with a solid 12 points in 6 games up front and pitched in on the defensive end of things once for the guys out west.

Week 3 Record: (5-5-0) Season Record: (9-13-2)
The Leafs jump up the Power Rankings to 2nd this week. Great net minding by both goalies as we are coming to expect. The Boss and OTH both lit up the scoreboard this week and every center won the majority of face offs. Toronto made a couple trades early in the year and managed a 50/50 week this week It will be curious to see if Fluky keeps the boys together or tries to shake things up one more time to get some production. Either way they're trending up, if you don't believe me just ask their owner.

Key Player: FluKy - Forward - 3gp | 2g | 3a | 5pts --- Defense - 5gp | 1g | 2a | 3pts
Just because Fluky likes talking about stats I thought I would post his

Week 3 Record: (3-3-2) Season Record: (7-14-3)
They had a great performance on the defensive end of things this week but just got edged out on the other end of the ice. They put together a great week but still ended 3-2-2 and you have to think they're just about to turn the corner and start throwing wins on the board more often than they are. It's going to be a fun last two weeks watching Philly and Toronto fight for a playoff spot (not to say the other teams can't be overtaken). I mean they had 2 of the weeks 3 stars this week and every single person on the squad contributed its just hard to go through and name every single one.

Key Player: nosice - Defense - 4gp | 0g | 2a | 2pts
The 98.0 D rating kind of takes the cake here for me. I already mentioned Habs in the 3 stars. I would mention the whole teams D if I could here because the Riddler and Nutty Grandpa each had great weeks too on D. This team is going to smother you, and these blue liners are going to be doing most of it.

Week 3 Record: (5-5-0) Season Record: (14-6-4)
Colorado may have a 5-5 record, but as a member of the Avs I can tell you it felt worse than that. After riding a 52% power play through the first two weeks the Avs decided to fall well below average and finished this week with a whopping 13.6%. The goal differential was negative for the first time this season and aside from GetLowBanks, the offense was kept pretty quiet. Coming off one of the best weeks in recent memory, Colorado may of gotten too comfortable. Fear not as Kabbot will try to get this train back on the track. Their steady goaltender wasn't able to participate this week but should be back to add some stability moving forward.

Key Player: silentmiller - Forward - 4gp | 2g | 3a | 5pts --- Defense - 4gp | 0g | 1a | 1pts
90.3 D rating, and a positive +/- while manning the blue line. Also pitched in 4 games on forward and averaged over a point per game. Definitely showing his versatility this week.

Last edited by allthway; Aug. 5th, '18 at 9:48 pm.

Hello
Old Aug. 5th, '18, 9:57 pm   #2
kabbott50

Jun 2008 2,775
St. John's, NL
Send a message via MSN to kabbott50

Good job Russ. Gotta get outta this four hole though!

#proudnewfie
Old Aug. 6th, '18, 7:55 am   #3
FluKy
Jun 2008 2,339
Toronto, ON
Send a message via MSN to FluKy

Good job man
]
Old Aug. 6th, '18, 12:36 pm   #4
BleedBlueBlood
Toronto Owner/Captain

Jun 2008 18,307
Toronto

Great job Russ and thanks for doing it.

Old Aug. 6th, '18, 12:40 pm   #5
GetLowBanks
aka: RickJamezl3ish

May 2011 1,265
Windsor

Great job Russ.

Old Aug. 6th, '18, 3:45 pm   #6
DustyRytStyk
Delicate Butterfly

May 2011 2,259
Long Island, NY

Great write up. It’s been a very competitive season so far and I’m sure it will continue.

Old Aug. 6th, '18, 4:10 pm   #7
Nico 916 Suave
Sir Gorgeous

Jul 2011 3,693
Pittsburgh, PA

Thanks for doing these man, great write up as usual. Gonna be a nailbiter til the end

Old Aug. 7th, '18, 10:17 pm   #8
Sabres19892
Jun 2018 46

Just saw this, awesome write up! Thanks for the shoutout

Old Aug. 12th, '18, 8:07 am   #9
BIGD
Apr 2018 86
grand bend ontario

Very good write up, thanks for taking the time to share.

Old Aug. 12th, '18, 6:52 pm   #10
KT
Jul 2008 5,229
Vancouver, B.C

Great article as always, hoping to see the Avs bounce back this week!