Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > General Section > General Banter

Old Sep. 24th, '12, 12:56 pm   #1071
deadhead 10
May 2011 279
philadelphila.

expendables 2.
it was a good movie I just wish chuck Norris was in it a little bit longer than the 5-10 mins.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Old Oct. 2nd, '12, 4:33 pm   #1072
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,164
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Footloose (2011): An absolute atrocity. The original did not need to be remade under any circumstances, and they certainly couldn't have put less effort into the attempt. I'm not saying the 1984 version was a perfect movie by any stretch, but it definitely qualified as a guilty pleasure. I mean, who doesn't start tapping their toes whenever that Kenny Loggins classic comes on the radio? (Don't listen to Blake Shelton's attempt. He basically just shits all over my happy dance.) Basically, it's a shot for shot remake with none of the fun attached and two leads that are just awful. Julianna Hough used to be hot on Dancing with the Stars, at least enough to keep my attention during her segments. Now she looks like the world's oldest 24 year old. And that just makes me sad.

2/10

"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne
Old Nov. 3rd, '12, 7:44 pm   #1073
Chew Therapy
#PackItUp

Jul 2012 1,037
Edmonton AB

Sinister;

If paranormal activity and insidious had a baby it would be this. Had some solid scary moments, but also at really funny moment. This "true crime" writer moves into a murder house.. Trying to recreate his career, finds a box with super 8 murder films all hilariously titled.. Related around a paegan diety who steals children's souls.. Nothing special other than a good scare your date movie. 7/10
Old Nov. 3rd, '12, 10:23 pm   #1074
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,164
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Wreck-It Ralph: Long story short, this movie gave me diabeetus. What I thought was a brilliant concept - video game villain wants to be the good guy for a change - turns into an overly saccharine display of self-confidence which, while a great message for the kids of today, particularly those hurting to find their place in the world, is ham-fisted just like the title character.
Excitement I had for the screen presence of so many classic video game characters was very short-lived - none play a meaningful role, and only a couple ever speak.
But the most damning thing for me was the sheer amount of time spent in the kart racing game Sugar Rush - a bit of a Mario Kart parody. Everything in this world is candy-related, and to spend a whole hour of the film in there literally made me feel like I had been gorging on caramel.
It's fairly enjoyable for kids, but there is very little in the way of fun for adults, and shamefully, hardcore gamers. A missed opportunity.

5/10

"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne
Old Nov. 3rd, '12, 10:30 pm   #1075
Dying Lemur
Oct 2012 118
New York, NY

I didn't go back too far in the thread, but I recently saw "Time Crimes" on Netflix streaming, and really liked it. Spanish movie about a time machine and time travel, sorta. Almost. Really a bit of a mindfuck, totally dug it.
Old Nov. 4th, '12, 12:05 am   #1076
XBoxJon

Jun 2008 6,876
St. Louis, MO

I'm watching The Candidate right now. Absolutely hilarious, laughing my ass off.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
Old Nov. 4th, '12, 12:16 am   #1077
Thamps
Dish Master

Nov 2010 1,031
Send a message via AIM to Thamps

Just saw Here Comes The Boom, and I loved it. May mean more to me since I'm studying to be a teacher but still an awesome movie. Some really funny parts as well as some parts that gave me chills due to awesomeness. Definitely recommend it.

Old Nov. 4th, '12, 1:24 am   #1078
Jepockn

Jun 2008 2,591
Regina, SK
Send a message via MSN to Jepockn

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscleyarms83 View Post
Wreck-It Ralph: Long story short, this movie gave me diabeetus. What I thought was a brilliant concept - video game villain wants to be the good guy for a change - turns into an overly saccharine display of self-confidence which, while a great message for the kids of today, particularly those hurting to find their place in the world, is ham-fisted just like the title character.
Excitement I had for the screen presence of so many classic video game characters was very short-lived - none play a meaningful role, and only a couple ever speak.
But the most damning thing for me was the sheer amount of time spent in the kart racing game Sugar Rush - a bit of a Mario Kart parody. Everything in this world is candy-related, and to spend a whole hour of the film in there literally made me feel like I had been gorging on caramel.
It's fairly enjoyable for kids, but there is very little in the way of fun for adults, and shamefully, hardcore gamers. A missed opportunity.

5/10

Completely agree with what you said

Old Nov. 4th, '12, 1:07 am   #1079
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,164
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thamps View Post
Just saw Here Comes The Boom, and I loved it. May mean more to me since I'm studying to be a teacher but still an awesome movie. Some really funny parts as well as some parts that gave me chills due to awesomeness. Definitely recommend it.
I've wanted to see it, but Kevin James just lets me down, like... every time. Wonder if the fact I stopped being a teacher would be detrimental to my enjoyment?

Old Nov. 4th, '12, 1:39 am   #1080
tattoofreak34
Jun 2010 674
niagara falls ontario

well i just watched the raven with john cusack.great flick good actors very creepy a little slow at times but,overall an 8 out 10