Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Shooters

Old Nov. 4th, '14, 8:43 am   #11
SkatingPenguin
Not bad for 1.5 mil eh?

Jun 2008 2,734
Toronto, Ontario
Send a message via MSN to SkatingPenguin

So I played last night and really enjoyed the game. There are some new things that I don't understand like using a UAV now more has to do with the points earned in a row rather than the a 3 killstreak for example. I had so many addons with the UAV that I would need 600 points to use it which is basically 6 kills in a row which with my skill isn't happening. There are these wildcard things which I figured out that you can only have so many upgrades so you need to sacrifice on other upgrade slots.

The one thing that I was more surprised about was the lack of talking through the headsets. Normally you atleast get a few idiots yelling racist remarks but it was almost silent the whole night. A couple times I heard someone but from time to time I'd see a speaker icon on the screen flash like someone is talking but heard nothing. I'm totally new to the XB1 so I thought maybe it was in my settings or something but everything checked out.

Also is there a special day one download? I went to manage settings of the game and the download said not available. Does that mean it installed by itself?
Old Nov. 4th, '14, 10:24 am   #12
Zaunbie

Jan 2013 442
Halifax Nova Scotia

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulControlla99 View Post
Love hardcore. Hate shooting a guy 20 times before he dies. Bullets hurt.
Yeah bullets do hurt, I just find I am better in gun battles then most (not in a cocky way), I rarely get the first shot off but I will usually win the fight (Drop Shots). Also utilize the Mini Map a lot so not having that hurts a bit. I find its just too easy to die, and of course defusing the bomb and Captain Dickhead on your own team shoots you and then gets to defuse it.
Old Nov. 4th, '14, 11:42 am   #13
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,123
Portland, OR
Send a message via MSN to SoulControlla99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaunbie View Post
Yeah bullets do hurt, I just find I am better in gun battles then most (not in a cocky way), I rarely get the first shot off but I will usually win the fight (Drop Shots). Also utilize the Mini Map a lot so not having that hurts a bit. I find its just too easy to die, and of course defusing the bomb and Captain Dickhead on your own team shoots you and then gets to defuse it.
Yeah, that's why I like hardcore better too. No minimap telling you where everyone is and no triggerholding noobs. It's just more realistic and fun because you have to be careful and know what you're doing and work together with your teammates, not just run around chasing dots on a map spraying and praying.

Old Nov. 4th, '14, 12:09 pm   #14
Zaunbie

Jan 2013 442
Halifax Nova Scotia

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulControlla99 View Post
Yeah, that's why I like hardcore better too. No minimap telling you where everyone is and no triggerholding noobs. It's just more realistic and fun because you have to be careful and know what you're doing and work together with your teammates, not just run around chasing dots on a map spraying and praying.
Both definitely have their pro's and con's but if they put in Ricochet mode in I would be more likely to play it. Also has anyone tried that sniper (Forget the name) but you have to hit them and then shoot another bullet close to the tracker. Its always a two shot kill not a huge fan of it at all, if they had a detonate button so you could stick someone then snipe another and then detonate would be filthy.
Old Nov. 4th, '14, 1:55 pm   #15
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Vezina Hands

Jun 2008 17,732
NE of TO

I only had enough time to play 2 rounds of Team Death Match and 1 Capture the Flag, but I have to say, it's even more fun that I thought it was going to be. I was a little worried about the Exo suit thing (Because Titanfall/Destiny drove me nuts..lol) but it wasn't that bad at all. While I still like BF4, this is a nice change of pace since it's more run and gun. My Kill to Death ratio is already much better on COD than BF

Old Nov. 4th, '14, 2:13 pm   #16
SkatingPenguin
Not bad for 1.5 mil eh?

Jun 2008 2,734
Toronto, Ontario
Send a message via MSN to SkatingPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlueBlood View Post
I only had enough time to play 2 rounds of Team Death Match and 1 Capture the Flag, but I have to say, it's even more fun that I thought it was going to be. I was a little worried about the Exo suit thing (Because Titanfall/Destiny drove me nuts..lol) but it wasn't that bad at all. While I still like BF4, this is a nice change of pace since it's more run and gun. My Kill to Death ratio is already much better on COD than BF
There is a mode that I think is called classic. When you go into that mode you have team deathmatch etc but it gets rid of the superjump etc and there were tons of people playing that. I assume that's for people who like the realistic rounds
Old Nov. 4th, '14, 2:18 pm   #17
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Vezina Hands

Jun 2008 17,732
NE of TO

Thanks, I'll check that out!

Old Nov. 4th, '14, 7:02 pm   #18
caseobeerz
Sep 2011 251

Installing game right now can't wait to play

Old Nov. 5th, '14, 12:46 am   #19
XBoxJon
Bringing heat

Jun 2008 6,921
St. Louis, MO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkatingPenguin View Post
There is a mode that I think is called classic. When you go into that mode you have team deathmatch etc but it gets rid of the superjump etc and there were tons of people playing that. I assume that's for people who like the realistic rounds
Thanks for the head's up on that. I was fighting for controller time tonight with my 5th and 6th grader. They were jumping in every other deathmatch and doing like 10x better than I was. Soooo sad, made me feel really old.

Old Nov. 5th, '14, 10:22 am   #20
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Vezina Hands

Jun 2008 17,732
NE of TO

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBoxJon View Post
Thanks for the head's up on that. I was fighting for controller time tonight with my 5th and 6th grader. They were jumping in every other deathmatch and doing like 10x better than I was. Soooo sad, made me feel really old.
Tell me about it.

Between my younger brother making me look so bad in COD, it took me 3 rounds to get to rank 7. He does it in his first round and gets first place (then he gets first place in the next 4 matches). Then in NHL, my son beat me for the first time in a 1v1 game over the weekend. Yikes.