Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Shooters

Old Jan. 16th, '14, 5:12 am   #1
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,778
St. Louis, Mo
Default Titanfall

I received an "exclusive invite" that I needed to register for because "availability to this trial is extremely limited. " *EDIT* It's an "Alpha Trial".

I registered since it was for the XB1 and it turned out to be for Titanfall. It says I was successful and then welcomed me. However, right after that it said if I was selected I'd receive another Email with details.

Long story short, I don't know if this game is my type but reading about it for a while now and it's VERY interesting.

Part mech game, part human shooter. It almost sounds like it's cooperative multiplayer

Quote:
Introducing the experience that combines fast-paced multiplayer action with the dramatically charged moments of a cinematic universe.

"A next-generation competitive multiplayer title that blurs the lines between traditional online shooters and single-player campaign." - Game Informer
I don't feel like typing it all out so if you haven't heard of the game, here's the official site:

http://www.titanfall.com/

Last edited by jujimum; Jan. 16th, '14 at 5:35 am.
Old Jan. 16th, '14, 8:17 am   #2
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL
Send a message via MSN to Jcon77 Send a message via AIM to Jcon77

I read about the Alpha on IGN. I registered. Here's hoping. I already have it preordered with Amazon.

http://www.titanfall.com/standby-for-titanfall

Try that link if anyone else wants to try to get in.

Old Jan. 16th, '14, 10:50 am   #3
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Vezina Hands

Jun 2008 17,734
NE of TO

I got the invite too but debating whether I'm going to do it...it's not really my type of game. I may try it if they give it to me free..lol

Old Jan. 16th, '14, 11:18 am   #4
spec0688

Sep 2012 1,563
Canada

I guess signing up for this just opened today?

how did you guys get codes so fast..lol

Last edited by spec0688; Jan. 16th, '14 at 11:23 am.
Old Jan. 16th, '14, 1:18 pm   #5
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Vezina Hands

Jun 2008 17,734
NE of TO

It was an email inviting us to the Alpha trial, we don't have codes to play yet. It's basically just a registration process right now.

Since I might not play next season in XBSHL, I decided to sign up for this. Hope I get selected.

Old Jan. 16th, '14, 2:06 pm   #6
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,778
St. Louis, Mo

It's just so different that I'm interested in it. You have to EARN a mech during each round. I don't think you start off with one. And even then it sounds like they've really balanced the game out where you don't have to have a mech to win (or not guaranteed to win if you earn enough points for a mech). A good team can take down Mechs.

Plus, my understanding is there's a campaign that you're playing but it's just multiplayer online. There are also AI teammates/opponents which is intriguing.
Old Jan. 16th, '14, 2:10 pm   #7
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Vezina Hands

Jun 2008 17,734
NE of TO

If the game hasn't been released yet, how can it earn 75 awards already?

http://www.titanfall.com/news/titanfall-awards

I guess it must be good......

Old Jan. 16th, '14, 3:26 pm   #8
Nexus510
XBS Technician
Sep 2011 1,910
Austin, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujimum View Post
It's just so different that I'm interested in it. You have to EARN a mech during each round. I don't think you start off with one. And even then it sounds like they've really balanced the game out where you don't have to have a mech to win (or not guaranteed to win if you earn enough points for a mech). A good team can take down Mechs.

Plus, my understanding is there's a campaign that you're playing but it's just multiplayer online. There are also AI teammates/opponents which is intriguing.
Yeah, the videos they have released really focus on some of that balance between pilots and Mechs, which was an issue in other similar games (IE MechWarrior 2 LoneWolf on Xbox).

Only 6 Players and their Mech's per side which is interesting, but the rest of the teams will be filled out with AI to make it 48 players total.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlueBlood View Post
If the game hasn't been released yet, how can it earn 75 awards already?

http://www.titanfall.com/news/titanfall-awards

I guess it must be good......
Lol, looks like most are from E3 or events like that. It definitely has impressed and is taking an interesting direction by not going with a true multiplayer. It's the game I'm most excited for outside of The Division later this year.
Old Jan. 16th, '14, 8:41 pm   #9
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL

This is my most anticipated game of this year. If anyone goes for a key, gets it and doesn't want it I'd be happy to take it off your hands. This is the main launch window game I wanted for XB1.

Old Jan. 16th, '14, 8:42 pm   #10
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus510 View Post
Yeah, the videos they have released really focus on some of that balance between pilots and Mechs, which was an issue in other similar games (IE MechWarrior 2 LoneWolf on Xbox).

Only 6 Players and their Mech's per side which is interesting, but the rest of the teams will be filled out with AI to make it 48 players total.

Lol, looks like most are from E3 or events like that. It definitely has impressed and is taking an interesting direction by not going with a true multiplayer. It's the game I'm most excited for outside of The Division later this year.
Indications have been that The Division will be delayed into 2015. Hopefully they can get it done this year.