Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Shooters

Old Dec. 11th, '13, 2:58 pm   #21
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,123
Portland, OR
Send a message via MSN to SoulControlla99

Wow, it's $40 and not in stock right now on Amazon. Glad I grabbed it when I did. Haven't played the full version yet though.

Old Dec. 11th, '13, 4:07 pm   #22
kdfsjljklgjfg
Jul 2008 1,942
Austin, TX
Send a message via AIM to kdfsjljklgjfg Send a message via Skype™ to kdfsjljklgjfg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulControlla99 View Post
Sounds like you need to play a bunch and get some points into your skills before you can really do a professional job.
Not necessarily. You can still melee people to quietly take them out, but it's definitely WAY easier with skills and accessories.

Mr. Utility
Old Jan. 8th, '14, 2:23 pm   #23
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,123
Portland, OR

The more I play this, the more I like it. It's a really fun game. I've almost leveled enough to get my safe cracking by hand skill (I have a ghost build). I hear most people like enforcer for the saw though or technician for c4 but I'm more of a stealth guy so I want to get my safe cracking and ECM door opening skills unlocked. We could have used them last night on the last part of the framing frame mission. It was taking so long to open the doors to get to the computer it was brutal. I was the highest level guy in the group so that was probably part of the problem too.

Old Jan. 9th, '14, 12:14 pm   #24
Blackzyuk
The Band is Back
Aug 2011 2,141
New Bedford
Send a message via MSN to Blackzyuk Send a message via AIM to Blackzyuk

Hit me up if you ever want to get a game in with someone...I love the game, but Im not the best.
Old Jan. 9th, '14, 1:29 pm   #25
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,123
Portland, OR

Sure thing T, anytime.

Here's a skills calculator in case anyone was curious.

http://www.pd2skills.info/

Old Jan. 16th, '14, 10:56 am   #26
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,123
Portland, OR

Up to mid level 50s now. Have every ghost skill I ever wanted, lockpicking, ECM Jammer door opening etc. Have complementary skills from mastermind like smooth talker (talk to the guards over the pagers more frequently) and dominator (make some AIs with guns surrender) so I can solo a bank now if the vault is on the right side.

If guys are looking to power level through this game to get skills they want, in my experience, the best way is the following:

Do all missions 3 star difficulty. Do Ukrainian Job or Nightclub. These are 1 day missions you can do fast, especially Ukrainian Job.

Ukrainian Job: The goal is to get to the back room of the jewelry store, open one or both safes in the two rooms, and grab a tiara. Fastest way to do this is using C4 (shaped charge). Run in, blow the safes (the tiara is usually in the one on the right side of the map) and run out before the van leaves and you have to wait for it to come back. Alternatively, what I do (being a ghost) is sneak in, silently killing the guards, respond to the pagers, pick the safe on the right, if the tiara's not there then use the ECM jammer to knock out the camera in the other back room, run into that room, tell everyone to get down, destroy the camera, pick the safe and grab the tiara, then bolt. If you don't have lock picking or C4, play with other players that do, that's the easiest way, otherwise you're waiting for drills and that takes so long so it's not very efficient.

Nightclub: The goal of this one is to get into the nightclub, past the guards into a card-locked back room, open the safe, grab bags of money and escape. Tougher to do full stealth and again, lockpicking or C4 makes this job the easiest, combined with the skill that can unlock the door to the safe with the ECM jammer. Also, if you don't care about money, as an asset before you start the mission, buy the truck that comes around the back to pick up the money so that you don't have to lug it back to the street with you (especially if you're soloing). If you have no skills, you need to find the guard with the key card and again drill the safe which is a pain. So play with guys who do have these skills for greatest XP efficiency.

If you're looking to power level, I'd make a technician and go for the shaped charges as fast as possible because when you're playing with randoms, inevitably it's a stealth failure and since the easy missions (ones with highest XP/time) all require you to open a safe, the fastest way is with C4.

In the end, each class has its benefits so experiment and have fun with it cause the game is a blast. Each mission has its own challenges that require skills from each class so depending on what class you are, you'll probably favor some missions over others. Money's really not an issue so it's pretty easy to respec your guy whenever you want. Just be careful the more points you put into one particular class, the more expensive it is for you to respec.

Last edited by SoulControlla99; Jan. 16th, '14 at 1:33 pm.

Old Feb. 11th, '14, 8:35 pm   #27
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

I've been following this thread and wanted to try the game out, now that it's free I can!

Old Jun. 16th, '15, 9:31 am   #28
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,123
Portland, OR

Released today for the XB1. Again, it's a blast but unfortunately they're having matchmaking issues. Played a few offline levels to pick up a few skill points but playing with AI blows. Haven't tried any "new" maps yet, was saving those for later. Just doing the Ukrainian job until I get enough skill points to do something more involved.

New missions, new class (fugitive) and some tweaked perks. Basically what they said was it's the PC version so it's a pretty big change from the 360 version.

Edit: People are going ballistic that the game is fucked online. However, apparently you can get together with friends and play it through invites. Hopefully it gets fixed soon but I think most of the dev team is at E3 so I don't know how hard they're working on it.

Last edited by SoulControlla99; Jun. 24th, '15 at 12:32 pm.

Old Jun. 17th, '15, 2:14 pm   #29
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,123
Portland, OR

Played 20 or so missions, mostly of what I'd played on the 360. Single player is still ass but doable so you can gain levels and perks before hitting the big time and before the fix the servers (which is apparently by next week). It's the same game but there's a ton different. In addition to Chains, Hoxton and the gang, you can be John Wick and now a girl character. There's a new baddie that's basically Sam Fisher that sneaks up on you and kung fus your ass. They tweaked a number of the perks, taking out smooth talker and some others but it's mostly the same with the addition of the fugitive. And of course the music and gameplay is awesome.

"The updated edition for Xbox One and PS4 is essentially the up-to-date PC version, including 50 updates, over 99 different weapons, new heists and more than 140 masks to unlock. "

Last edited by SoulControlla99; Jun. 17th, '15 at 2:19 pm.

Old Jul. 8th, '15, 10:41 am   #30
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,123
Portland, OR

A patch was released so now the online random multiplayer isn't completely broken but it still takes a bit of patience to load up a lobby.

The first one I tried worked perfect, we played one mission which (other than someone alerting the guards) went perfectly. We then tried Hoxton's Breakout and that was fine until we reached a part where you had to activate a computer but no one could access it so we had to restart. That would be impossible on a pro job so hopefully that doesn't continue. The group kinda fell apart after that so I abandoned them for another lobby but it kept failing to join or by the time the game finally tried to put me through to the lobby, it was full. So I quit for the night.

As much trouble as it seems to be getting a random group together (invites work fine), it's at least possible now without the crime.net interface freezing every 5 seconds. Hopefully they can continue to address the issue get it to the state where it's working flawlessly again because when the game is working without issue, it's pretty fucking awesome.