Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Shooters

Old Dec. 3rd, '13, 3:57 pm   #11
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,123
Portland, OR
Send a message via MSN to SoulControlla99

In my run through last night, it became very clear, very quickly that you can't play this game single player. The AI is terrible and won't do any objectives. They just follow you around and shoot things. They're good at it and pick you up when you're hurt but otherwise, they're useless. It's impossible to hold hostages when you're at the vault trying to break through and the AI won't stand guard over the hostages, they just stand behind you like "what now boss?" Tried one mission with 3 other randoms and it went much better but I got greedy and went back for a second bag from the bank and died.

The AI remind me of the guards at swamp castle.

Old Dec. 4th, '13, 1:38 am   #12
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,123
Portland, OR

Played with some randoms tonight. They weren't too stealthy so it was run and gun but fun. Getting sick of doing the same job over and over. So I bought the game off Amazon. Fuck it. $15.

Old Dec. 5th, '13, 2:30 pm   #13
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,123
Portland, OR

It's back up to $29.98 on Amazon today. Should be here by tomorrow so I'll play it a bit more this weekend and see if it's worth $15 or $30.

Old Dec. 5th, '13, 2:54 pm   #14
GetLowBanks
aka: RickJamezl3ish

May 2011 1,074
Windsor

I downloaded the demo last night. Just went through the walk thru and tried 1 mission but was confused.. died.. and called it a night.

Old Dec. 5th, '13, 2:59 pm   #15
Revelations
You wanna hug it out?

Jun 2013 693
Pittsburgh, PA

I like it a lot. Although the accuracy on the weapons could be tweaked a little. I'd also like to see new missions but I haven't played it in months so idk if any have been released.

Old Dec. 5th, '13, 3:09 pm   #16
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,123
Portland, OR

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetLowBanks View Post
I downloaded the demo last night. Just went through the walk thru and tried 1 mission but was confused.. died.. and called it a night.
I was too. I did the offline first though so the AI don't do anything and you have to figure it all out for yourself.

You can wander around relatively easily until you put your mask on (LB). Before that, if you're just wearing your suit and carrying a small weapon, you can walk around the bank unnoticed (Casing mode)

The main thing is you need to grab the thermal drill from the back parking lot of the bank and drop it (using LB) in front of the vault. Then hold RB to start it up. Other than that, whatever you do is up to you. I haven't been able to find a crew that wanted to do things quietly so mostly, you shoot the guards, take hostage by telling them to get on the floor (RB) and tying them up with tie wraps (hold RB while they're on the ground). If one of your partners gets taken, you can trade the hostages for them.

I haven't made a great plan to take the money without police involvement at all but it has to include somehow getting the security guards to lower their weapons, keeping people away from the panic buttons and maybe breaking into the security room. Basically every time, you just gun down every cop around as they come at you in waves, grab the money and run to the van.

You can board windows up with wood somehow (haven't figured that out) but that seems like a good way to protect your blind side a little. You can't close doors once you open them which is weird and allows the cops in through a door you've broken into. Basically every time it devolves into a shootout with the cops, which is still fun.

Last edited by SoulControlla99; Dec. 5th, '13 at 3:25 pm.

Old Dec. 5th, '13, 3:12 pm   #17
Revelations
You wanna hug it out?

Jun 2013 693
Pittsburgh, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulControlla99 View Post
You can board windows up with wood somehow (haven't figured that out) but that seems like a good way to protect your blind side a little. You can't close doors once you open them which is weird and allows the cops in through a door you've broken into. Basically every time it devolves into a shootout with the cops, which is still fun.
You have to look around the area for a pile of 2x4's. Like in an alley or on the roof.

Old Dec. 5th, '13, 3:34 pm   #18
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,123
Portland, OR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelations View Post
You have to look around the area for a pile of 2x4's. Like in an alley or on the roof.
Cool. There are random piles of money in places, a small safe sometimes in the one office as well. I wish you could tell the hostages where to go instead of making them go to the ground wherever they are. I wish you could melee and knock out people without killing them too. The cops are a little weird too, they bum rush you without any care for their own or the hostages' safety. The snipers they have aren't very good shots but then again, if they were, that would be brutal. One thing I like best about the game is the sound. The music gets you amped up and the changes in noise from the gunshots in the street vs the bank are unrealistic but cool. I could see how you could make this game into the best game ever made. It's a really good idea they have here. Then again, I love coop games.

Old Dec. 5th, '13, 3:45 pm   #19
kdfsjljklgjfg
Jul 2008 1,942
Austin, TX
Send a message via AIM to kdfsjljklgjfg Send a message via Skype™ to kdfsjljklgjfg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulControlla99 View Post
I was too. I did the offline first though so the AI don't do anything and you have to figure it all out for yourself.

You can wander around relatively easily until you put your mask on (LB). Before that, if you're just wearing your suit and carrying a small weapon, you can walk around the bank unnoticed (Casing mode)

The main thing is you need to grab the thermal drill from the back parking lot of the bank and drop it (using LB) in front of the vault. Then hold RB to start it up. Other than that, whatever you do is up to you. I haven't been able to find a crew that wanted to do things quietly so mostly, you shoot the guards, take hostage by telling them to get on the floor (RB) and tying them up with tie wraps (hold RB while they're on the ground). If one of your partners gets taken, you can trade the hostages for them.

I haven't made a great plan to take the money without police involvement at all but it has to include somehow getting the security guards to lower their weapons, keeping people away from the panic buttons and maybe breaking into the security room. Basically every time, you just gun down every cop around as they come at you in waves, grab the money and run to the van.

I have a friend who is VERY good at it. He stopped playing once he reached $1 trillion total in his offshore account (in the safehouse where you can wander between missions) until the DLC comes out. We've done the bank several times with no detection.

Basically, the routine we run is:

We go into the back of the bank on the side and put our masks on, 2 on each side in the back. Eventually, the bank manager will walk through the back door on the right side (if you're facing the bank) and we make him get down. A security guard comes through. He has full points on the Mastermind tree, so he can make him get down too. At this point, everyone with a weapon is down. The 2 guys who are on the side where the manager came out are in charge of getting most of the regular people down. The 2 on the other side are in charge of getting the tellers down before they can hit the panic buttons.

If you're quick enough on getting everyone down, you can keep the mission alarm-free.

Mr. Utility
Old Dec. 5th, '13, 5:21 pm   #20
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,123
Portland, OR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdfsjljklgjfg View Post
I have a friend who is VERY good at it. He stopped playing once he reached $1 trillion total in his offshore account (in the safehouse where you can wander between missions) until the DLC comes out. We've done the bank several times with no detection.

Basically, the routine we run is:

We go into the back of the bank on the side and put our masks on, 2 on each side in the back. Eventually, the bank manager will walk through the back door on the right side (if you're facing the bank) and we make him get down. A security guard comes through. He has full points on the Mastermind tree, so he can make him get down too. At this point, everyone with a weapon is down. The 2 guys who are on the side where the manager came out are in charge of getting most of the regular people down. The 2 on the other side are in charge of getting the tellers down before they can hit the panic buttons.

If you're quick enough on getting everyone down, you can keep the mission alarm-free.
Sounds like you need to play a bunch and get some points into your skills before you can really do a professional job.