Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Shooters

Old Jul. 28th, '14, 11:56 am   #21
Chew Therapy
#PackItUp

Jul 2012 1,038
Edmonton AB

Yeah, not a bit fan of the multiplayer. Halo wasn't my thing, neither is this.
Old Jul. 28th, '14, 1:45 pm   #22
BTW8892

May 2009 2,437
Long Island, NY
Send a message via MSN to BTW8892 Send a message via AIM to BTW8892 Send a message via Skype™ to BTW8892

I would be perfectly fine with the multiplayer if they evened out the playing field. It's just a little bit lopsided when you're going against people with level 60+ guns, meanwhile you only have a level 30-40 weapon. It's so frustrating to lose a gun fight to someone simply because they had a higher overall weapon.

If they strip the levels stuff for online, and go with an unlock system, it would make the multiplayer soooo much better.
Old Jul. 28th, '14, 1:52 pm   #23
Nexus510
XBS Technician
Sep 2011 1,910
Austin, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chew Therapy View Post
Yeah, not a bit fan of the multiplayer. Halo wasn't my thing, neither is this.
I love Halo multiplayer, but Destiny multiplayer still wasn't my thing. I enjoyed the graphics of the game, and some of the later missions, but the PvP needs serious balancing for it to work out. It is trying to use the World of Warcraft PvP model where you battle with what you have, but that introduces a significant flaw in the system for an FPS: the imbalance of damage in weapons.

As an example: I was playing against another lvl 8 in the beta and both of us using Scout Rifles. However, his did 64 damage, while mine only did 43. That is HUGE difference in damage output and completely unacceptable in a game where every bullet matters. I understand what Bungie wants, but FPS games are not the place for that. They need to normalize the damage for weapon types when you go into PvP.

This game was a Day 1 buy for me, but until I see any updates from there, I've cancelled my pre-order as Madden, FIFA, NHL and Halo will take up enough time

EDIT: Pretty much what Bryan said before me while I was taking the time to write my response...
Old Jul. 28th, '14, 2:04 pm   #24
Chew Therapy
#PackItUp

Jul 2012 1,038
Edmonton AB

Yeah the only reason I played halo 3 was it came with my 360, I've been with call of duty since MW2, and ghosts has been the only real let down for me because they ruined search and destroy.
Old Jul. 28th, '14, 2:21 pm   #25
Nexus510
XBS Technician
Sep 2011 1,910
Austin, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chew Therapy View Post
Yeah the only reason I played halo 3 was it came with my 360, I've been with call of duty since MW2, and ghosts has been the only real let down for me because they ruined search and destroy.
Haha yeah I've played both since MW, but Ghosts was the first I took back in the first week of release. Just a horrible game and Advanced Warfare doesn't impress me either as it looks like they are trying to be like Titanfall. I'm out of that series for now.
Old Jul. 28th, '14, 2:38 pm   #26
Chew Therapy
#PackItUp

Jul 2012 1,038
Edmonton AB

Between Titanfall and bf4 (of which I've never played any Bf). I'm liking both, the only reason I will ever buy a COD game is for zombies now.
Old Jul. 28th, '14, 2:41 pm   #27
Zaunbie

Jan 2013 442
Halifax Nova Scotia

I kinda enjoyed the look to the game, huge fan of the hit counts and the guns themself, they feel solid which is huge in FPS's for me, and like you said ghosts was kinda a let down, I havent had a game that I have played as much as I did MW - MW2 - and Halo 3 in a long time. But yeah for destiny itself I would have to see what its like on the One before I consider purchasing it at all, but it was a bit of fun running around with a buddy and ranking up together.
Old Jul. 28th, '14, 6:20 pm   #28
BenchBoss67
Oct 2008 2,439
West Chester, PA
Send a message via MSN to BenchBoss67 Send a message via AIM to BenchBoss67 Send a message via Yahoo to BenchBoss67

I liked the beta myself a little confusing 1st time in the big city area but enjoyed the story. I would agree about the multiplayer but I did not mind the game did cancel pre order as I am getting cod nhl and FIFA plus still enjoy Titan fall and forza

Old Jul. 28th, '14, 8:19 pm   #29
thebigschnoz
#47 | Offensive D-man

Jun 2010 1,495
Buffalo, NY
Send a message via MSN to thebigschnoz Send a message via Skype™ to thebigschnoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTW8892 View Post
I would be perfectly fine with the multiplayer if they evened out the playing field. It's just a little bit lopsided when you're going against people with level 60+ guns, meanwhile you only have a level 30-40 weapon. It's so frustrating to lose a gun fight to someone simply because they had a higher overall weapon.

If they strip the levels stuff for online, and go with an unlock system, it would make the multiplayer soooo much better.
They should do it like Blacklist. Multiple modes where it's uneven and even.

Old Sep. 6th, '14, 11:18 am   #30
silentmiller
Mix it with love,babe.

Jul 2008 2,205

Something about if you buy it for last gem console, you will be able to get the next gen free.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertco...-gen-for-free/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (86.9 KB, 13 views)