Old Nov. 11th, '11, 5:11 pm   #21
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,778
St. Louis, Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by murph View Post
you're gonna love this then Juji
Wow, that's awesome about uploading and sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlueBlood View Post
I'm thinking about this.....I had SR2 and I liked it. But mainly I'm thinking about it because I can trade in 2 games (Skate 3 and TW12) and get this for free.

But then I just saw some game play videos and I'm unsure now......this takes place in the future and there are some wacky weapons and what not....ray guns, octopus gun, etc.....which isn't really my thing......hmmmmm.
I don't think it's the future (might be), but that is just Saints Row style. It's supposed to be off-the-wall, goofy, and FUN.

The truck I was referring to above was a truck that vacuums people and then shoots them out a cannon. SO FUN! There is a picture with someone splattered on a road sign The cannon had shot them there.

The octopus gun shoots an octopus on your enemies. They then turn on each other because the octopus is controlling them. From what I understand.

I can understand how it's not a game for everyone, but you have to take it for what it is. I remember in the Saints Row II thread that Dark just absolutely hated the game and so I replied with a big ol' lengthy post about the game and it's origins.

So what I'm saying is, you take it for what it is (a fun, goofy game with lots of stuff to do), or you won't like it.
Old Nov. 13th, '11, 11:55 pm   #22
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,778
St. Louis, Mo

Just saw a commercial for this and I think, as much as I wanted Skyrim, I made the right decision. This looks like just what I need right now. Something fun and not too thinky. Something I can pick up and put down easy enough.
Old Nov. 17th, '11, 12:17 pm   #23
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,778
St. Louis, Mo

I don't want to say I'm disappointed but I'm not as "sold" on this game as previous versions. I think a lot of it is trying to learn the city. Previous versions I could drive places as if I lived there. This one has so many ways to get from Point A to Point B, it's hard to follow.

I tried my first character and botched it big time. I don't have much interest in it (character customization) right now but have a plan for one so I'll try again.

I guess it's says something that I've put in 9 hours into the game in the last two nights. It doesn't feel as fluid as the others. Everything looks better but I think that's part of the problem. I liked the less realistic look and smoother gameplay. It's not bad by any means, just taking some getting used to.

It's VERY easy to earn money. Almost too easy. I already own all but one of these territorial houses. They don't serve a purpose other than earning rent and controlling neighborhoods. I own all of them but one like I said. I'm earning over 11,000 every hour.

Unlike previous games, you buy your upgrades. Such as longer sprint times. I kind of liked before that you had to earn it. Previous games you had to walk so many miles to earn unlimited sprint.
Old Nov. 19th, '11, 1:56 pm   #24
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,778
St. Louis, Mo

Tried to make my first character and it's different than previous versions (of course). Why these companies break stuff is beyond my comprehension. I don't feel there are nearly as many tools as there were in SRII.

For instance, you can't rotate eyes which was a key feature for my Dog the Bounty Hunter character.

Anyway, I took screenshots but the feature isn't ready yet so I have to wait until they are working before sharing.

I went with "the man with no name" (Clint Eastwood version) but it's nowhere near the quality I expect. I don't know how into the character thing I'll be with this version since it's not as good as the previous version.
Old Nov. 22nd, '11, 9:15 pm   #25
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,778
St. Louis, Mo

Unfortunately I can't access the one I took with my brother's character dancing. Makes a huge difference.

Anyway, here is "the man with no name" and "Carlton" from Fresh Prince:

Old Nov. 23rd, '11, 6:38 pm   #26
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,778
St. Louis, Mo

This has to be one of the coolest features in a game. A live feed of game activity:

http://www.saintsrow.com/community/map

You can see when someone enters a store even
Old Nov. 23rd, '11, 8:35 pm   #27
darktrc
Landeskoging

Jun 2008 3,264
Richmond Hill, ON
Send a message via MSN to darktrc

I am very intrigued by this game. I do have a question, I read in a review that you cannot replay missions. So if I were to get the game first, and play say missions...1,2,3. I wouldn't be able to co-op those missions? Is there any confirmation for that?
Old Nov. 23rd, '11, 8:49 pm   #28
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,778
St. Louis, Mo

Not sure. If your co-op partner hasn't played it, you can in their game I think. not sure
Old May. 22nd, '14, 10:43 am   #29
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,123
Portland, OR
Send a message via MSN to SoulControlla99

For those who didn't know, this is the free game with gold until the end of the month. It's pretty easy on normal but really fun just the same.