Password:
Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Hockey > EA Hockey

Old Apr. 2nd, '16, 8:15 pm   #21
BenchBoss67
Oct 2008 2,361
West Chester, PA
Send a message via MSN to BenchBoss67 Send a message via AIM to BenchBoss67 Send a message via Yahoo to BenchBoss67

So sounds like ea may actually send me a disc copy of the game and I can go from that point. If it works I know my download. was corrupt

Old Apr. 2nd, '16, 8:48 pm   #22
Nexus510
XBS Technician
Sep 2011 1,890
Austin, TX

The game being corrupt doesn't really make sense as a source of the issue. I would still suggest taking the controllers into an FPS game and just setting it down. If there is movement in your character then its an issue with the controller.

Everywhere I googled on this issue had the same response.
Old Apr. 3rd, '16, 8:47 am   #23
BenchBoss67
Oct 2008 2,361
West Chester, PA
Send a message via MSN to BenchBoss67 Send a message via AIM to BenchBoss67 Send a message via Yahoo to BenchBoss67

I will give it a try

Old Apr. 3rd, '16, 9:27 am   #24
BenchBoss67
Oct 2008 2,361
West Chester, PA

OK so I tried the suggestion. I went into BF4 deployed and the gun moved towards the sky no actual player moving forward.

Then i tried it with my old controller played a play now game of nhl same freezing issue so went into bf4 to test out your theory and no movement whats ever with my old controller

my question is shoulnt my problem be more of a left stick issue than a right since it is actual movement that stops.

Last edited by BenchBoss67; Apr. 3rd, '16 at 9:51 am.

Old Apr. 3rd, '16, 9:52 am   #25
Nexus510
XBS Technician
Sep 2011 1,890
Austin, TX

No for some reason its actually not. Its a right stick issue. I don't know the technical details of it, but i think because the game thinks your stick is constantly "deking" from the moment you get the puck, it puts you in the glide until you have released it.

If you find a controller that doesn't have the issue anymore you should be good. Just gotta go easy on that right stick
Old Apr. 3rd, '16, 10:10 am   #26
BenchBoss67
Oct 2008 2,361
West Chester, PA

but there is no real garantee if i go buy a new controller my problem will be fixed. I will give it a try and see what happens but the one controller i have been using was brand new when I tried it for the first time after having issue with my old one i can give it a try and see what happens

Old Apr. 3rd, '16, 11:18 am   #27
Nexus510
XBS Technician
Sep 2011 1,890
Austin, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchBoss67 View Post
but there is no real garantee if i go buy a new controller my problem will be fixed. I will give it a try and see what happens but the one controller i have been using was brand new when I tried it for the first time after having issue with my old one i can give it a try and see what happens
Test it the same way you did the first.
Old Apr. 3rd, '16, 11:40 am   #28
BenchBoss67
Oct 2008 2,361
West Chester, PA

well it appears as you and Brian were correct played a game with no issues. I guess my biggest issue is that i had a brand new never used controller that was corrupt which really pisses me off. I hope this was really the fix.

Still going to take the free copy of the game from ea with the headache they have given me

Thanks for the help

Old Apr. 3rd, '16, 5:28 pm   #29
Rip Winkle
Administrator

Aug 2008 6,477
Canada

Put the old controller in the New Box..........and return it to Wallmart......M.A. one.....oh wait he changed jobs that is right... Send your wife Walt.....that is what I do...

Peace

Site > League > Team > Self