Jun 2008 18,234
Toronto

Conquest, hardcore.

Old Nov. 4th, '11, 11:00 pm   #522
Drake
I don't hold hands

Jul 2008 3,798
Jersey shore

Where do you find the hard core servers? I dont see them in the list of options for game type.
Old Nov. 4th, '11, 11:14 pm   #523
ExArmySgt
Jun 2008 2,662
Vidor, Texas
Send a message via MSN to ExArmySgt Send a message via AIM to ExArmySgt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Where do you find the hard core servers? I dont see them in the list of options for game type.
You have to click down on the right thumb stick I believe to bring up the server filters.
Old Nov. 4th, '11, 11:46 pm   #524
Drake
I don't hold hands

Jul 2008 3,798
Jersey shore

thx joe
Old Nov. 5th, '11, 6:28 am   #525
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

Hoorah!

I think I found a mode to play and it was a blast with randoms...and would be unbelievable with XBSers. I was scrolling through the game modes and saw:

Squad Rush.

Squad Rush is FOUR vs. FOUR. Squad-o y Squad-o. Perfect for me. The only differences are the maps seem to SLIGHTLY smaller and you only get 20 tickets as an attacker. When I say the maps are smaller, you just don't roam it all. You only have 2 m-coms (one at a time) to destroy. But that's what makes it interesting and COMPLETELY team oriented.

You have to figure out how to defend/attack as a team. Loved this mode tonight. I stayed in the same room for hours and had people coming and going. Both sides always played as a team and went for the objectives.

The rounds are shorter but you can still rack up some points. In one round, I was on fire, and tallied 5,9xx points.

I hope it's always this good and would absolutely love to get a squad of XBSers going. I had to force myself to quit just now. Started about 1:30am and it's now almost 5:30am
Old Nov. 5th, '11, 8:20 am   #526
BenchBoss67

Oct 2008 2,373
West Chester, PA
Send a message via MSN to BenchBoss67 Send a message via AIM to BenchBoss67 Send a message via Yahoo to BenchBoss67

Does this game get better the more you play? Cause at this point it is just not fun. Always getting killed by a guy running around with a sniper riffle and my guns seem to always change for my engineer

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=40.020876,-75.663384

Old Nov. 5th, '11, 9:37 am   #527
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchBoss67 View Post
Does this game get better the more you play? Cause at this point it is just not fun. Always getting killed by a guy running around with a sniper riffle and my guns seem to always change for my engineer

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=40.020876,-75.663384
yes it does get better and the key is to play with guys you know

Old Nov. 5th, '11, 9:41 am   #528
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujimum View Post
Hoorah!

I think I found a mode to play and it was a blast with randoms...and would be unbelievable with XBSers. I was scrolling through the game modes and saw:

Squad Rush.

Squad Rush is FOUR vs. FOUR. Squad-o y Squad-o. Perfect for me. The only differences are the maps seem to SLIGHTLY smaller and you only get 20 tickets as an attacker. When I say the maps are smaller, you just don't roam it all. You only have 2 m-coms (one at a time) to destroy. But that's what makes it interesting and COMPLETELY team oriented.

You have to figure out how to defend/attack as a team. Loved this mode tonight. I stayed in the same room for hours and had people coming and going. Both sides always played as a team and went for the objectives.

The rounds are shorter but you can still rack up some points. In one round, I was on fire, and tallied 5,9xx points.

I hope it's always this good and would absolutely love to get a squad of XBSers going. I had to force myself to quit just now. Started about 1:30am and it's now almost 5:30am
sounds like a blast, squad rush huh? I always skipped over that but would like to give it a go

Old Nov. 5th, '11, 12:38 pm   #529
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL
Send a message via MSN to Jcon77 Send a message via AIM to Jcon77

Sounds interesting. I'll have to give it a shot tonight.

Old Nov. 5th, '11, 2:23 pm   #530
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

Let me just say that Squad Rush could get VERY frustrating as well. But with only 4 opponents, you can at least have a plan of attack before just getting hit from all angles. Still happens I just liked the limited numbers.

I was playing with guys that when defending, we stationed at all four points if we had access. At one point, I threw extra Ammo out in the middle of our four points as we were defending. The other guys actually recognized it. They'd go their "corner" and take care of business. Then run back to the middle and resupply.

It was awesome.

What was odd is, sometimes when defending or attacking I'd think, "Wow, this one is impossible. There is no way that we'll be able to attack/defend when we switch sides next map." Then somehow we'd do what the other team could not.

One other thing. I didn't win every game either. It sounds like I enjoyed it only because I was winning. I only enjoyed it because I felt we HAD A CHANCE to win.

Hopefully you guys have luck with this mode. The matches are shorter like I said, but you can EASILY get 1500 points per round. Figure you get 3 rounds in about the same time as a regular rush/conquest mode, and you're getting 4500-5000 points at least. HAVING SAID THAT, there were rounds where I only got 200 points It was hit and miss.

It's tough, but doable. That's what I enjoyed about it.