XBox-Sports.com
User Name:
Password:
Remember Me?:    
Search Forums:
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
 
Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Shooters

Old Nov. 4th, '11, 10:08 pm   #521
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut
 
BleedBlueBlood's Avatar
Jun 2008 18,234
Toronto
Online
Default

Conquest, hardcore.



Reply With Quote
Old Nov. 4th, '11, 11:00 pm   #522
Drake
I don't hold hands
 
Drake's Avatar
Jul 2008 3,798
Jersey shore
Offline
Default

Where do you find the hard core servers? I dont see them in the list of options for game type.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov. 4th, '11, 11:14 pm   #523
ExArmySgt
Senior Member
Jun 2008 2,662
Vidor, Texas
Send a message via MSN to ExArmySgt Send a message via AIM to ExArmySgt
Offline
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Where do you find the hard core servers? I dont see them in the list of options for game type.
You have to click down on the right thumb stick I believe to bring up the server filters.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov. 4th, '11, 11:46 pm   #524
Drake
I don't hold hands
 
Drake's Avatar
Jul 2008 3,798
Jersey shore
Offline
Default

thx joe
Reply With Quote
Old Nov. 5th, '11, 6:28 am   #525
jujimum
Custom User Title
 
jujimum's Avatar
Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo
Offline
Default

Hoorah!

I think I found a mode to play and it was a blast with randoms...and would be unbelievable with XBSers. I was scrolling through the game modes and saw:

Squad Rush.

Squad Rush is FOUR vs. FOUR. Squad-o y Squad-o. Perfect for me. The only differences are the maps seem to SLIGHTLY smaller and you only get 20 tickets as an attacker. When I say the maps are smaller, you just don't roam it all. You only have 2 m-coms (one at a time) to destroy. But that's what makes it interesting and COMPLETELY team oriented.

You have to figure out how to defend/attack as a team. Loved this mode tonight. I stayed in the same room for hours and had people coming and going. Both sides always played as a team and went for the objectives.

The rounds are shorter but you can still rack up some points. In one round, I was on fire, and tallied 5,9xx points.

I hope it's always this good and would absolutely love to get a squad of XBSers going. I had to force myself to quit just now. Started about 1:30am and it's now almost 5:30am
Reply With Quote
Old Nov. 5th, '11, 8:20 am   #526
BenchBoss67
Senior Member
 
BenchBoss67's Avatar
Oct 2008 2,373
West Chester, PA
Send a message via MSN to BenchBoss67 Send a message via AIM to BenchBoss67 Send a message via Yahoo to BenchBoss67
Offline
Default

Does this game get better the more you play? Cause at this point it is just not fun. Always getting killed by a guy running around with a sniper riffle and my guns seem to always change for my engineer


---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=40.020876,-75.663384



Reply With Quote
Old Nov. 5th, '11, 9:37 am   #527
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.
 
Phoenix 2.0's Avatar
Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0
Offline
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchBoss67 View Post
Does this game get better the more you play? Cause at this point it is just not fun. Always getting killed by a guy running around with a sniper riffle and my guns seem to always change for my engineer


---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=40.020876,-75.663384
yes it does get better and the key is to play with guys you know



Reply With Quote
Old Nov. 5th, '11, 9:41 am   #528
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.
 
Phoenix 2.0's Avatar
Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0
Offline
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujimum View Post
Hoorah!

I think I found a mode to play and it was a blast with randoms...and would be unbelievable with XBSers. I was scrolling through the game modes and saw:

Squad Rush.

Squad Rush is FOUR vs. FOUR. Squad-o y Squad-o. Perfect for me. The only differences are the maps seem to SLIGHTLY smaller and you only get 20 tickets as an attacker. When I say the maps are smaller, you just don't roam it all. You only have 2 m-coms (one at a time) to destroy. But that's what makes it interesting and COMPLETELY team oriented.

You have to figure out how to defend/attack as a team. Loved this mode tonight. I stayed in the same room for hours and had people coming and going. Both sides always played as a team and went for the objectives.

The rounds are shorter but you can still rack up some points. In one round, I was on fire, and tallied 5,9xx points.

I hope it's always this good and would absolutely love to get a squad of XBSers going. I had to force myself to quit just now. Started about 1:30am and it's now almost 5:30am
sounds like a blast, squad rush huh? I always skipped over that but would like to give it a go



Reply With Quote
Old Nov. 5th, '11, 12:38 pm   #529
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!
 
Jcon77's Avatar
Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL
Send a message via MSN to Jcon77 Send a message via AIM to Jcon77
Offline
Default

Sounds interesting. I'll have to give it a shot tonight.



Reply With Quote
Old Nov. 5th, '11, 2:23 pm   #530
jujimum
Custom User Title
 
jujimum's Avatar
Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo
Offline
Default

Let me just say that Squad Rush could get VERY frustrating as well. But with only 4 opponents, you can at least have a plan of attack before just getting hit from all angles. Still happens I just liked the limited numbers.

I was playing with guys that when defending, we stationed at all four points if we had access. At one point, I threw extra Ammo out in the middle of our four points as we were defending. The other guys actually recognized it. They'd go their "corner" and take care of business. Then run back to the middle and resupply.

It was awesome.

What was odd is, sometimes when defending or attacking I'd think, "Wow, this one is impossible. There is no way that we'll be able to attack/defend when we switch sides next map." Then somehow we'd do what the other team could not.

One other thing. I didn't win every game either. It sounds like I enjoyed it only because I was winning. I only enjoyed it because I felt we HAD A CHANCE to win.

Hopefully you guys have luck with this mode. The matches are shorter like I said, but you can EASILY get 1500 points per round. Figure you get 3 rounds in about the same time as a regular rush/conquest mode, and you're getting 4500-5000 points at least. HAVING SAID THAT, there were rounds where I only got 200 points It was hit and miss.

It's tough, but doable. That's what I enjoyed about it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Site Styles
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52 pm.
Contact Us - XBox-Sports - Archive - Top
Menu Links