Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > General Section > Sports Roundtable > Hockey

Old Apr. 20th, '17, 2:05 pm   #1
DustyRytStyk
XBS Bully

May 2011 1,799
Long Island, NY
4 Murray/Bylsma

Obviously a lot of he said/she said stuff going on here. Curious if any Sabres fans can offer some insight/opinion on this.

Is Eichel pulling the strings in Buffalo, or was this move a long time coming?

Old Apr. 20th, '17, 2:22 pm   #2
Nexus510
XBS Technician
Sep 2011 1,891
Austin, TX

No one really expected Bylsma to stay, but I was surprised to see Murray go. I heard the rumors about Eichel saying he wouldn't resign if Bylsma was still here, but he said its not true. I do think that Bylsma was too set in his defensive system and should have been using a more offensive/aggressive system with the speed and skill he has in the top 2 lines.

Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens between now and the draft!

Old Apr. 24th, '17, 10:26 am   #3
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,349
Boston

I've read a few articles on this situation, from multiple sources, and the consensus seems to be that the Pegulas (owners) seem to have jumped the gun here, and seem to be favoring their young superstar. That doesn't help the organization in the long run, and it sure as shit doesn't help young Jack's reputation / image. The general perception is that Eichel had a role in the firing of both the coach and the GM, even if it was limited only to comments made to media (again, Pegulas hold the blame here). Pure skill doesn't equate to maturity and the ability to see the bigger picture.

Old Apr. 24th, '17, 12:27 pm   #4
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 17,374
The Elbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSB View Post
I've read a few articles on this situation, from multiple sources, and the consensus seems to be that the Pegulas (owners) seem to have jumped the gun here, and seem to be favoring their young superstar. That doesn't help the organization in the long run, and it sure as shit doesn't help young Jack's reputation / image. The general perception is that Eichel had a role in the firing of both the coach and the GM, even if it was limited only to comments made to media (again, Pegulas hold the blame here). Pure skill doesn't equate to maturity and the ability to see the bigger picture.
I agree. While the hearts of the Pegulas are in the right place, their brains are not. Between the handling of this (the Sabres) and the Bills, it's clear, they have no idea what they are doing.

As you skate across my blueline in the shadow of death, thou shall fear my evil - Sauerkraut 23:4
"My uncle Tretiak taught me everything I know" - Baron Von Sauerkraut
Old Apr. 24th, '17, 1:48 pm   #5
OldTimeHockey
The Garbage Man

Jul 2008 7,622
South Amboy, NJ
Send a message via MSN to OldTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlueBlood View Post
I agree. While the hearts of the Pegulas are in the right place, their brains are not. Between the handling of this (the Sabres) and the Bills, it's clear, they have no idea what they are doing.
Sounds like the ex-Devils ownership. Vanderbeek was a fan with money. He was the one who forced Lou Lamoriello's hand to make the deal to get Kovalchuk, and that deal alone has set us back many many many seasons. Heart in the right place, but brains in his ass.