Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Shooters

Old Feb. 27th, '17, 9:59 am   #31
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 18,238
Toronto

Well, the best part I think will be when they release the PvP portion of the multiplayer. Which I read will be a game update later in the year. Until then, it will be solo and coop campaigns. Which as Juji said, working towards the unlocks will keep me motivated to play it. Then when PvP drops, I should have all the unlocks done by then. Considering this is the last game I will be purchasing until NHL 18, I'm ok with this purchase.

Old Feb. 27th, '17, 10:54 am   #32
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 18,238
Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrugMonkeyRX View Post
This game is very similar to GTA
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiredCustoms View Post
reminded me of the GTA version of an army game.
Agree and considering I love GTA (and the whole Wildlands concept), that's why I've already purchased this along with the season's pass.

Old Feb. 27th, '17, 11:20 am   #33
MGM

Jun 2008 1,829
St. Louis, Missouri
Send a message via MSN to MGM

Is it just me, or is flying a helicopter a shit show? Also, why can't we change the view while driving/flying.
Old Feb. 27th, '17, 1:42 pm   #34
OldTimeHockey
The Garbage Man

Jul 2008 7,875
South Amboy, NJ
Send a message via MSN to OldTimeHockey

I'm upset I downloaded but never got a chance to play it. Probably would have made the difference in if I was going to buy it or not. Oh well.

Old Feb. 27th, '17, 3:34 pm   #35
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGM View Post
Is it just me, or is flying a helicopter a shit show? Also, why can't we change the view while driving/flying.
I don't even try to fly in the Battlefield games so I can't compare. What I can say is that I could fly the helicopters in this game...slowly. I'm not sure what you mean by "shit show" only because I could fly them Me flying in Battlefield is a true shit show.

I don't think they steered too great and gaining speed was difficult for me. At times, it would seem like a struggle to get the helicopter to face the way I was traveling. It wasn't too much of a problem but it was annoying.

So again, I wouldn't say it was too bad. I think it was much easier than flying in Battlefield. I know that people who learn to fly in Battlefield end up being amazing at it so this simpler method could be frustrating due to the lack of finesse.

*EDIT* I never tried changing the view. I have a feeling that won't change either. The best you can do is look over your left or right shoulder. The option could be in the final game but I highly doubt it. It would've been in the beta at this point if it was possible.
Old Feb. 27th, '17, 4:12 pm   #36
BenchBoss67

Oct 2008 2,373
West Chester, PA
Send a message via MSN to BenchBoss67 Send a message via AIM to BenchBoss67 Send a message via Yahoo to BenchBoss67

I have purchased as well just a different game than the normal shooters.

Old Feb. 28th, '17, 8:34 am   #37
MGM

Jun 2008 1,829
St. Louis, Missouri
Send a message via MSN to MGM

Flying in Battlefield, once you got the hang of it it, was way better. Flying GTA is easier than this. Not sure what to think..hoping it changes in the final version.
Old Feb. 28th, '17, 11:32 pm   #38
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGM View Post
Flying in Battlefield, once you got the hang of it it, was way better. Flying GTA is easier than this. Not sure what to think..hoping it changes in the final version.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking was "your problem" I'm amazed at those who can fly in Battlefield. Makes zero sense to me and I literally fly up, try to go forward, and I'm down (by my own doing ).

I could fly in this game and aim the helicopter well enough that my AI partners would wipe out the enemy. But flying it fast over a distance didn't work for me. I'd poke along until getting to my destination. I was also surprisingly good at avoiding surface to air missiles in the game.

In other words, I think it's just what you're good at. I could fly these somewhat but can't fly BF craft at all. In my opinion these aren't complicated so the simple control worked for me. And again, I'm complimenting you when I say if you can fly in BF, these are probably hard because it's so simplified.
Old Mar. 2nd, '17, 4:34 pm   #39
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 18,238
Toronto

Old Mar. 2nd, '17, 5:18 pm   #40
DesiredCustoms
XBSHL Junkie
Jun 2008 3,282
Niagara Falls, Ontario

thats is insane I'm all in