Password:
Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Shooters

Old Feb. 24th, '17, 6:10 am   #21
BenchBoss67

Oct 2008 2,373
West Chester, PA
Send a message via MSN to BenchBoss67 Send a message via AIM to BenchBoss67 Send a message via Yahoo to BenchBoss67

Played for a while last night lots of fun but with 4 friends would be better

Old Feb. 24th, '17, 11:41 am   #22
OldTimeHockey
The Garbage Man

Jul 2008 7,875
South Amboy, NJ
Send a message via MSN to OldTimeHockey

I had forgot to download in advance and started it last night when I got back from the Devils autograph session. Needless to say after 1.5 hours it was still at 52%. I woke up this morning and it was complete. I think the Ubisoft servers couldn't handle all the traffic. Of course I was trying to download during peak playing hours.

Old Feb. 24th, '17, 1:15 pm   #23
thebigschnoz
#47 | Offensive D-man

Jun 2010 1,535
Buffalo, NY
Send a message via MSN to thebigschnoz Send a message via Skype™ to thebigschnoz

Yes, the servers were down for a good chunk of yesterday.

Old Feb. 24th, '17, 1:48 pm   #24
BenchBoss67

Oct 2008 2,373
West Chester, PA
Send a message via MSN to BenchBoss67 Send a message via AIM to BenchBoss67 Send a message via Yahoo to BenchBoss67

I had downloaded on weds

Old Feb. 24th, '17, 4:54 pm   #25
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 18,234
Toronto

Just some basic stuff...

Old Feb. 25th, '17, 2:14 am   #26
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchBoss67 View Post
Played for a while last night lots of fun but with 4 friends would be better
I was extremely happy to see you can play this game as a solo campaign. However, I think playing solo the game will get boring really quickly.

Ironically, and I've said this before about other games, this is the type of game I always wanted when I was a kid. The kind where you work together to accomplish an objective. And now that those games are a reality, they don't interest me in the same way (it wouldn't work well but I wish this had splitscreen). One reason is I've become too anti-social with people I'm not close to. Another reason for the lack of interest is that I'm too much of a "Leroy Jenkins" and that doesn't work well when playing with others. Solo, it's funny and you can laugh it off. With three other people, it would get tiresome having to revive my stupid arse and/or be 1 guy down every battle.

I played it almost from the time I got home from work, until now. Only stopped to eat. My goal was to get the parachute but that's tough in the beta. I'm not too far away though as I only need 200 more points in the one category (you need 550). Not sure if I'll get to it or why I'm even trying, but I made it my goal

I unlocked a ton and spent a few skill points I earned, but I think I have 15 more I haven't used yet.

The game is HUGE which is my favorite part. Obviously only two sections are opened up right now and those two alone are crazy big. Then I scrolled the whole map and was really impressed. The graphics are really bad in my opinion but they make up for it with the size of the map.

All said, I might have fun with it over the weekend but I don't think I'd buy it. It would definitely be a fun game with others, but not for me. As with most games like this, I can see the appeal wearing off really quickly though and after a month, not many people will be playing it (maybe a few small groups here and there).

I will say it took me over 27 hours to download it But I feel it was worth it.
Old Feb. 25th, '17, 3:03 pm   #27
DrugMonkeyRX
Pack it up

Jul 2008 7,222
Long Island, NY
Send a message via MSN to DrugMonkeyRX Send a message via AIM to DrugMonkeyRX

This game is very similar to GTA
Old Feb. 25th, '17, 11:51 pm   #28
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,761
Fontanafredda, Italy
Send a message via MSN to Latdogg Send a message via Skype™ to Latdogg Send a message via Yahoo to Latdogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrugMonkeyRX View Post
This game is very similar to GTA
I agree. After spending some time in the Beta I have decided that I will not buy the game. It seems like it is SUPER repetitive, I lost interest pretty quickly.
Old Feb. 27th, '17, 1:44 am   #29
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latdogg View Post
It seems like it is SUPER repetitive,
It does seem to be the same thing in different locales. A few change-up type missions but mostly those are fetch missions which isn't enough to break the monotony.

I put way too many hours into the beta this weekend. I have no idea how many but easily 6 on Friday, some late last night (maybe 4 or more), and then maybe another 6 throughout today (maybe more). I ended up getting the parachute (more on that in a bit) as well as unlocking quite a few things.

I'm a sucker for unlocks. It's what keeps me playing games on console and mobile. That did keep me going in the game and some unlocks did add some different elements to the game. The parachute and calling mortar strikes added new things for example.

My opinion hasn't changed after two more days with it though. It was fun for a diversion this weekend but I just can't see purchasing it. It could be a lot better online but even still, I think the novelty will wear thin quickly.

Some of the good things they did is that even though it's the same thing in different locales, I thoroughly enjoyed trying to figure out the best way to attack each area. It was fun. The AI is a bit stupid but many times they'd hide from me which would force me to go to a different spot to have a clear shot. That was really fun.

Anyway, it's an OK game. Not at all what I was hoping after seeing your (Lat) original post here. That was the first I had heard of it and was very interested.

Now a couple of funny things (to me at least). When I first got the parachute I wanted to try it of course. I take a helicopter and fly it as high as I can and was getting shot in the process. Thought it was clear. Jumped. Fell about 10 feet. Deployed the 'chute. Got sniped. It's funny if you know how many hours it took me to get it only to die within the first second of having it.

My second attempt was even funnier in my opinion. I tried to do a base jump. Here's a video:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AvNif7DGm6d9gS9nSzSphKxTRlWr

And lastly, here are some mad motorcycle skills while fleeing the bad guys. They had chased me for about 5 minutes or so.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AvNif7DGm6d9gTCtx87VCefj-TEf

Although I won't be getting the game, I wish they'd change the phrase when riding a motorcycle. To me it sounds so laughably stupid when he jumps on and says, "I'm riding a motorcycle." It would even be better if he said I'm "taking" a motorcylcle. As it is now, it almost sounds like Special Ed from Crank Yankers.
Old Feb. 27th, '17, 9:45 am   #30
DesiredCustoms
XBSHL Junkie
Jun 2008 3,282
Niagara Falls, Ontario

haha juji, your writeups have been bang on.

thanks for writing them.. i have played quite a bit and last night playing with Drug,Ctown,Lamp reminded me of the GTA version of an army game.

while it def looks like the online portion is fun. it will be a buy it and play it and then move on haha