Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Everything Else

Old Jan. 2nd, '18, 10:11 am   #1
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,732
Boston
Default The Evil Within 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amHj6-GnEy0

This game was on sale on Steam over the holidays, so I picked it up. Didn't really get a chance to play it until last night.

Now, I'm not one to seek out stress and anxiety as a rule of thumb, so I'm not often drawn to these sorts of games. This one however came highly recommended, and what the hell it's on sale, let's give it a shot.

Sot there i was last night, in the basement playing this game. I went all in: zero lights anywhere in the basement, other than my PC screen. Surround sound noise-cancelling headphones, ready for immersion.

I'll stop right here, and say that it didn't take long before my first "oh fuck" moment. Despite being on full alert, knowing I was walking into all sorts of unknown trouble, despite being on full alert, they still fucking got me. I didn't full out fall out of my chair or anything like that, but man my heart was pounding in my chest and the adrenaline was coursing. Good thing I was drawn away from the game, or I might still be in there.

I'm looking forward to spending more time with the game, and giving a bit better of a review. This was more of a first impression, and it was quite the impression!

Cheers!

Old Jan. 2nd, '18, 6:46 pm   #2
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,120
Portland, OR
Send a message via MSN to SoulControlla99

Did you play the first one? They do they same in that. You get plunged in with the main bad guy and it's like Oh Fuck. I stopped playing soon after I started and haven't went back. Now I have RE7 so I'll probably play that first.
Old Jan. 3rd, '18, 12:01 pm   #3
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,732
Boston

I did not play the first one, no, though I have read very good things about RE7 (and will probably pick that up too).

The NHL series has gotten a bit stale for me, so I've been branching out more and more (picked up Witcher III game of the year edition - all DLC, for $20 over the holiday, and I have that going too. Also, another play through Skyrim. As well as Grand Theft Auto Online (PC), and Elder Scrolls online). That said, I still enjoy the XBSHL, so I still play that (and the occasional club game), mostly for the social fun (and the occasional thundering hit).

I still don't have nearly enough time to game, but I've been branching out more and thoroughly enjoying it.