Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > General Section > Sports Roundtable > Hockey

Old Jul. 8th, '08, 9:33 pm   #1
kabbott50

Jun 2008 2,790
St. John's, NL
Send a message via MSN to kabbott50
Default Demitra: Canucks are my number once choice

The last few weeks hasn't exactly been the easiest for Vancouver Canuck fans.

They've had to endure seeing free agent forward Mats Sundin spurn a $20 million contract offer, long-term Canucks like Markus Naslund and Brendan Morrison sign with other teams and former-Canuck forward Todd Bertuzzi sign with division rival the Calgary Flames.

However, some good news might finally be on the horizon in Vancouver.

In an interview with Vancouver radio station CKNW, free agent forward Pavol Demitra confirmed that the Canucks are his preferred destination and expects to sign with the team.

Full Story

#proudnewfie
Old Jul. 8th, '08, 9:57 pm   #2
pixel_archived

Jun 2008 0

This has been the rumor in Vancouver for a month now. Everyone knew he was coming but for some reason they just haven't gotten the contract done yet. There is a source in Slovakia or somewhere that says it is a 3 year deal for 4 million a season.

I am not a huge fan of Demitra but I won't complain. I think he is the best the Cancuks can hope for now and as long as he stays healthy he should be a good pickup.

Just need Sundin to also step up to the plate and we once again have a decent team.
Old Oct. 25th, '09, 2:22 pm   #3
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=295838

hopefully Demitra is ok to play this year

Old Oct. 25th, '09, 2:33 pm   #4
KT
Jul 2008 5,143

Pretty sure he's done for the year. It might not be a bad thing, it opens the door for a trade. Grabner has been playing well, so he could be sticking around for a while. Frolov for a defensemen has been the rumor.

Old Oct. 25th, '09, 2:59 pm   #5
pixel_archived

Jun 2008 0

Agreed KT. If he isn't done for the year then he is done until March or so. I like Demitra but he isn't a difference maker. He gets 60 points a season when healthy and was pretty much what I expected when the Canucks signed him. Now we have Grabner who is looking amazing and Raymond stepping up. Shirokov in the wings and Samuelson doing well. Demitra has essentially been replaced.

I do hope he gets better soon, thought he was a nice guy and a class act. I am sure he will finish his career back in St. Louis or some Florida belt team.
Old Oct. 26th, '09, 8:38 pm   #6
canucksss
Mar 2009 453
seattle, wa & langley, bc
Send a message via AIM to canucksss Send a message via Yahoo to canucksss

i think he's done. but it's good that these players mentioned by pixel are really improving. i dont know about a trade for a D-man for Frolov KT.

Tags
canucks, demitra, vancouver