Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > General Section > General Banter

Old Mar. 24th, '10, 12:49 pm   #121
SkatingPenguin
Not bad for 1.5 mil eh?

Jun 2008 2,734
Toronto, Ontario
Send a message via MSN to SkatingPenguin

I watched Ninja Assassin on the plane this past weekend... I thought it stunk... anyone see this?
Old Mar. 24th, '10, 12:51 pm   #122
OldTimeHockey
The Garbage Man

Jul 2008 7,792
South Amboy, NJ
Send a message via MSN to OldTimeHockey

Gamer....bad movie but good premise.

Death Race....not an award winner by any means, but at least it was somewhat entertaining.

Beerfest.....Das Boot! Stupid movie, but the German guys are funny.

Who's going to see Hot Tub Time Machine this weekend???

Last edited by OldTimeHockey; Mar. 24th, '10 at 12:53 pm.

Old Mar. 24th, '10, 1:23 pm   #123
canadianwhiskey
Relax, have a drink.

Aug 2008 3,394
Ontario, Canada
Send a message via MSN to canadianwhiskey

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelslash View Post
Wow, really digging into the classics. I haven't watched that since the '80s but it was one of my favorite movies as a kid. I am almost afraid to re-watch it now because I would be disappointed in the "special effects".

I holds up pretty well man.

Old Mar. 24th, '10, 2:15 pm   #124
OldTimeHockey
The Garbage Man

Jul 2008 7,792
South Amboy, NJ
Send a message via MSN to OldTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelslash View Post
Wow, really digging into the classics. I haven't watched that since the '80s but it was one of my favorite movies as a kid. I am almost afraid to re-watch it now because I would be disappointed in the "special effects".
I was disappointed with the special effect back then. I was able to tell what they did/used to make some of the scenes, and it ruined it.

Old Mar. 25th, '10, 1:33 pm   #125
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,712
St. Louis, Mo

How sad is it that I won't stop watching a movie once I've gotten into it. No matter how bad it is.

Last night as I was trying to fall asleep I watched "The Promotion" (2008). John C. Reilly, Sean William Scott, Jenna Fischer, Fred Armisen, Jason Bateman (briefly), etc.

Not really that good of a movie. Would've been a nice short movie though. Maybe an hour long it could've been funny.

John C. Reilly was supposed to be Canadian although I couldn't tell if he was from Canada or Scotland. His wife was Scottish and John C. Reilly kept sounding like he was Canadian sometimes and a bit Scottish other times. Sometimes within the same sentence

Just not a good movie and I never heard of it and now know why.
Old Mar. 25th, '10, 8:25 pm   #126
TommyNuGuns

Jul 2008 924
Lebanon,Ohio
Send a message via AIM to TommyNuGuns Send a message via Yahoo to TommyNuGuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujimum View Post
How sad is it that I won't stop watching a movie once I've gotten into it. No matter how bad it is.

Last night as I was trying to fall asleep I watched "The Promotion" (2008). John C. Reilly, Sean William Scott, Jenna Fischer, Fred Armisen, Jason Bateman (briefly), etc.

Not really that good of a movie. Would've been a nice short movie though. Maybe an hour long it could've been funny.

John C. Reilly was supposed to be Canadian although I couldn't tell if he was from Canada or Scotland. His wife was Scottish and John C. Reilly kept sounding like he was Canadian sometimes and a bit Scottish other times. Sometimes within the same sentence

Just not a good movie and I never heard of it and now know why.
Further proof that John C. Reilly can't be the main star in a movie. I thought that Johnny Cash spoof he did was awful and by the sound of this review this doesn't seem much better. Although I thought he was funny working alongside Will Ferrel in Step Brothers and Talladega Nights.
Old Mar. 25th, '10, 8:32 pm   #127
ExArmySgt
Licensed Pill Pusher
Jun 2008 2,662
Vidor, Texas
Send a message via MSN to ExArmySgt Send a message via AIM to ExArmySgt

I watched 'The Road' with Vigo Mortensen the other day. Talk about dark and depressing. Sadly, the idea of such a future doesn't seem outlandishly far-fetched.
Old Mar. 25th, '10, 8:35 pm   #128
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,712
St. Louis, Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyNuGuns View Post
Further proof that John C. Reilly can't be the main star in a movie. I thought that Johnny Cash spoof he did was awful and by the sound of this review this doesn't seem much better. Although I thought he was funny working alongside Will Ferrel in Step Brothers and Talladega Nights.
OH MY GOD! I thought "Walk Hard" was awesome and thought he was great. That movie completely surprised me.

I ABSOLUTELY HATED "StepBrothers". Thought it was horrible and there might have been ONE thing that made me laugh. Right now I couldn't even tell you what that was. I borrowed the movie from my brother and immediately called him up cussing him out. He laughed because he knew in advance what my reaction would be.

I don't blame him for "The Promotion". He had nothing to work with. The only way I blame him is for taking the part.
Old Mar. 25th, '10, 8:48 pm   #129
ExArmySgt
Licensed Pill Pusher
Jun 2008 2,662
Vidor, Texas
Send a message via MSN to ExArmySgt Send a message via AIM to ExArmySgt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujimum View Post

I ABSOLUTELY HATED "StepBrothers". Thought it was horrible and there might have been ONE thing that made me laugh. Right now I couldn't even tell you what that was. I borrowed the movie from my brother and immediately called him up cussing him out. He laughed because he knew in advance what my reaction would be.
I can not for the life of me understand why Will Ferrell has a job. I didn't bother watching Step-Brothers because I knew I'd hate it. Didn't see Talladega Nights either. He does okay in a supporting role (like Old School) but as the main draw, you can count on the movie being a bad slapstick waste of time IMO.
Old Mar. 25th, '10, 9:15 pm   #130
Drake
I don't hold hands

Jul 2008 3,798
Jersey shore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExArmySgt View Post
I can not for the life of me understand why Will Ferrell has a job. I didn't bother watching Step-Brothers because I knew I'd hate it. Didn't see Talladega Nights either. He does okay in a supporting role (like Old School) but as the main draw, you can count on the movie being a bad slapstick waste of time IMO.
Ack. Will Ferrell is the funniest human on the planet. I could watch Anchorman every day and still laugh!! Yes I even liked Step Brothers! Saying he was only 'ok' in Old School is like saying that Babe Ruth was OK at hitting home runs, Will rules!!!!