Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Leagues > XBSHL > League News

Old Feb. 3rd, '18, 12:56 pm   #1
DustyRytStyk
XBS Bully

May 2011 2,073
Long Island, NY
Default XBS 3 Stars: Week 2 - A Rookie and Some Vets

Guys sure aren't making it easy with these selections. We had some other stellar performances this week (particularly from our goalies) but with only three choices, some cuts had to be made...lol. Congrats to our winners.

The Riddler3
Florida Panthers
[ Defense | 6gp | 0g | 6a | 6pts ] - [ Week Record | 5-0-1 ]

And one of our rookies makes the list, so congrats to The Riddler3, for first star honors. He certainly made his presence felt this week, leading all defensemen in points (6), +/- (+10), and defensive rating (96.8). On top of that, when he was in the lineup for the Panthers this week, the only blemish on his record was an overtime loss. Whenever you draft a rookie, it's a gamble, as you never know what you are going to get. However, considering the Panthers only gave up a total of 9 goals this week, taking a chance on this rookie has paid huge dividends so far for Banks and his Cats.

Krimsonfire
Toronto Maple Leafs
[ Forward | 6gp | 8g | 6a | 14pts ] - [ Week Record | 3-2-1 ]

Krim lead by example this week for his Leafs, and left the entire rest of the league in his tracks. Just a monster week for Krim who registered 14 points in 6 games, playing both center and wing. When he did play center he was dominant in the circle, winning 64.1% of his draws. He did most of his damage on the wing though, when in a match up versus top dog Florida, he had 4 points, including the GWG in Overtime, while also garnering First Star honors in that said game, with a 171 Rating. Similar to his counterpart in Florida last week, Krim was a major reason for his team's success this week, and I can't say that I'm surprised.

Nutty Grandpa
Edmonton Oilers
[ Defense | 2gp | 0g | 0a | 0pts ] --- [ Goalie | 4gp | 1.50gaa | .880% ] - [ Week Record | 4-2-0 ]

As one of our elder statesmen here, like a fine wine, Nutty seems to just get better with age, as evidenced by his outstanding week in the pipes. Overall, it was an excellent week for many of our goaltenders, with 4 of them posting shutouts, but Nutty's statistics are what gave him the edge. Besides one shutout, he led all netminders in goals against average (1.50, T-1st) and save percentage (.880), while also going undefeated in his 4 starts. In the game against Winnipeg when he posted his shutout he also was named the games First Star with a 102 rating. If Nutty sustains this pace he can be a very valuable asset for the Oilers down the stretch.

Last edited by Makakk88; Feb. 3rd, '18 at 3:20 pm.

Old Feb. 3rd, '18, 1:21 pm   #2
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 17,998
Toronto

Congrats guys, well done. Nice write up and thank you Dusty.... Mike.

Old Feb. 3rd, '18, 1:44 pm   #3
The Riddler3
Dec 2017 16

Thanks for the nod Dusty! Congrats to the others as well

Old Feb. 3rd, '18, 3:15 pm   #4
Krimsonfire
Jun 2008 2,185
Toronto, Canada
Send a message via MSN to Krimsonfire

Thanks for the shout out dusty Mike and congrats to the others.

Old Feb. 3rd, '18, 5:59 pm   #5
Nutty Grandpa
Dec 2015 145
Canton, GA

I prefer to consider myself a fine bottle of Tennessee Whiskey, but thanks and congratulations to the others as well.

Old Feb. 3rd, '18, 6:48 pm   #6
Nico 916 Suave
Sir Gorgeous

Jul 2011 3,562
Pittsburgh, PA

congrats and great write up as always Dusty Mike!

Old Feb. 3rd, '18, 6:51 pm   #7
OldTimeHockey
The Garbage Man

Jul 2008 7,767
South Amboy, NJ
Send a message via MSN to OldTimeHockey

Congrats to all!

Old Feb. 3rd, '18, 7:37 pm   #8
LegendOfLayNher
Mar 2016 212
Florida

Congrats! Great write up.

Old Feb. 4th, '18, 6:34 am   #9
KT
Jul 2008 5,151
North Vancouver, B.C

Congrats to the 3 stars and great writeup Dusty! Also really like new banner on the site

Old Feb. 4th, '18, 7:54 am   #10
Nstj

Jan 2018 21

@nutty I don’t think I would want to taste you as a fine wine, but I am coming for your spot. Congrats and keep up the good work.