Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Hockey > EA Hockey

Old May. 18th, '15, 8:15 pm   #21
thebigschnoz
#47 | Offensive D-man

Jun 2010 1,481
Buffalo, NY
Send a message via MSN to thebigschnoz Send a message via Skype™ to thebigschnoz

Get ready boys, EASHL is back.
Old May. 18th, '15, 8:36 pm   #22
allthway
Master
May 2014 488

Good piece juji!

Focus on winning too much
Old May. 19th, '15, 10:20 am   #23
thebigschnoz
#47 | Offensive D-man

Jun 2010 1,481
Buffalo, NY
Send a message via MSN to thebigschnoz Send a message via Skype™ to thebigschnoz

http://www.reddit.com/r/EA_NHL/comme..._about_nhl_16/
Old May. 19th, '15, 10:28 am   #24
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,086
Portland, OR
Send a message via MSN to SoulControlla99

They're going to allow female characters with playoff beards aren't they? Wouldn't want to be unequal just for the sake of realism.

Old May. 19th, '15, 10:38 am   #25
BTW8892
Administrator

May 2009 2,411
Long Island, NY
Send a message via MSN to BTW8892 Send a message via AIM to BTW8892 Send a message via Skype™ to BTW8892

Sounds like they finally got it right from a competitive standpoint for EASHL. There's no more "leveling" up per say, and everyone will have preset attributes based on the build they choose (everyone has the same speed, acceleration and agility). This makes the mode so much more appealing to the competitive market in that skills will finally provide results, not just the team with the highest rated players.
Old May. 19th, '15, 10:44 am   #26
Nico 916 Suave
Sir Gorgeous

Jul 2011 3,506
Pittsburgh, PA

I'm hoping there's some sort of progression. That was half the fun. Leveling up by yourself, or with your friends. Yeah people just found the "best" build, and attribute combinations... But those same people, and lots of others will just use the preset ones that work the best anyways and you got the same issue lol.

I've been conditioned for EA to provide the least amount of effort into everything they do, so the fact there'd be nothing else besides creating your own player, and playing with friends is probably all it is. Then they'll just sell it back a year later, while taking something else out, rinse repeat.

Happy EASHL is back. Holding out any real optimism on it until they showcase some videos.

Also, how about this 6 v 6 OTP being real NHL rosters only? How will league play work then? Club up and send a challenge?
If you will it, dude... It is no dream. - Walter Sobchak
Old May. 19th, '15, 11:03 am   #27
BTW8892
Administrator

May 2009 2,411
Long Island, NY
Send a message via MSN to BTW8892 Send a message via AIM to BTW8892 Send a message via Skype™ to BTW8892

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gade916 View Post
I'm hoping there's some sort of progression. That was half the fun. Leveling up by yourself, or with your friends. Yeah people just found the "best" build, and attribute combinations... But those same people, and lots of others will just use the preset ones that work the best anyways and you got the same issue lol.
One of the Game Changers already confirmed that there is no progression or card system. You choose a preset build and you cannot touch or alter any of the attributes.

I don't see how having them locked would create similar problems. Everyone has the same speed, acceleration, and agility no matter what build they are choosing. The changes only start to kick in when it comes to passing/shooting/hitting/etc. So for example, a sniper would obviously have a better shot, but his passing/hitting wouldn't be nearly as good as a playmaker/grinder.

There's really no perfect way of creating an equal playing field, but this path seems to be the most logical choice. I've been pushing for them to follow in the footsteps of FIFA for a while, and while it's not completely identical, the general concept is there.
Old May. 19th, '15, 11:11 am   #28
Nico 916 Suave
Sir Gorgeous

Jul 2011 3,506
Pittsburgh, PA

Yeah, it can grow on me. I guess I just don't like the idea of them deciding what my build would be good at? If that makes any sense haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXGJ...ature=youtu.be

That actually looks really nice. Seems to have enough of a face selection variety not everybody looks the same, and they actually look pretty realistic. Also the beards not being painted on look good.
It just sucks with no progression that there's really no "reason" to play a ton other than with your friends/league which is good enough for me, but I hope there's incentive at least to putting in considerable amount of time.
Old May. 19th, '15, 11:19 am   #29
BTW8892
Administrator

May 2009 2,411
Long Island, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gade916 View Post
Yeah, it can grow on me. I guess I just don't like the idea of them deciding what my build would be good at? If that makes any sense haha
Yeah, I see what you mean in that regard. It kind of sucks, but when you look at the bigger picture, everyone is going to be dealing with that issue.

Also, from what I saw looking through Twitter (via Game Changer accounts), the build presets will be based around Superstar 3 attributes, but may be slightly lower. So your attributes won't completely suck, but they also won't be anything out of control. They'll be right in the middle by the sounds of it.
Old May. 19th, '15, 11:25 am   #30
Nico 916 Suave
Sir Gorgeous

Jul 2011 3,506
Pittsburgh, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTW8892 View Post
Yeah, I see what you mean in that regard. It kind of sucks, but when you look at the bigger picture, everyone is going to be dealing with that issue.

Also, from what I saw looking through Twitter (via Game Changer accounts), the build presets will be based around Superstar 3 attributes, but may be slightly lower. So your attributes won't completely suck, but they also won't be anything out of control. They'll be right in the middle by the sounds of it.
Cool, the biggest sticking point will definitely be playing league again. At least gives a reason to put in time (at least the grind time of the past meant you played haha)