Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Hockey > EA Hockey

Old Sep. 13th, '13, 5:09 pm   #1
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,101
Portland, OR
Send a message via MSN to SoulControlla99
Default NHL14 Forwards - Cost Analysis

Here are the new numbers for the templates this year. The cap numbers are quite different from last year and the cost per points are mostly the same but have been increased in cost in a number of spots.

Every stat starts at 65 for every template. There's a cap which changes from template to template. Also of course the cost of the points is different between them. I set this up like last time so the "cost increment" is the number of points you can put into that attribute before the cost goes up 10 points (ie a cost of 2 translates into a skill costing 10 for the first 2 points, then 20 for the next 2 etc). Some of the attributes are just brutal from a cost standpoint so choose wisely grasshopper. Just remember, red/black=bad, green=good, infinity symbol means you can put as many points as you like into that attribute, it'll never cost more than 10. The cap number is listed beside each cost number for easy reference.

Edit: Most of you know this but keep in mind that you can't use boosts to go over the caps.

Last edited by SoulControlla99; Sep. 13th, '13 at 9:04 pm.
Old Sep. 13th, '13, 5:09 pm   #2
kdfsjljklgjfg
Jul 2008 1,929
Austin, TX
Send a message via AIM to kdfsjljklgjfg Send a message via Skype™ to kdfsjljklgjfg

Thanks for redoing this for the new game, Soul. This is incredibly useful.
Mr. Utility
Old Sep. 14th, '13, 9:45 am   #3
Blackzyuk
The Band is Back
Aug 2011 2,142
New Bedford
Send a message via MSN to Blackzyuk Send a message via AIM to Blackzyuk

Thanks for doing this soul.. This is going to help me make better decisions about how to use every $2.30 ...lol.. Wicked expensive

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk 2
Old Sep. 15th, '13, 11:23 am   #4
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,545
Boston

I'm looking at this again Soul to help me figure out how to optimize my point usage - this grid is incredibly useful. Thank you!
When life knocks you down, get back up, smile, and politely say, "You hit like a bitch".
Old Sep. 16th, '13, 4:59 pm   #5
deuceswild1960
Qfingers
Feb 2013 418
Long Island, NY

Thanks for posting Soul...gonna be VERY helpful to me!
Wherever I go, there I am!
Old Oct. 4th, '13, 2:21 pm   #6
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,778
St. Louis, Mo

For the first time ever, I used these on my BAPs last night. For some reason I always thought it was more complicated so I never really looked into it.

Not sure if I did everything as good as I could, but definitely liked it and appreciate you doing this. I did it for my D-man as well but bumped this thread because it seemed more lonely

My D-man went up by a point or two I think. I wasn't paying attention.

Currently I'm using the same template on all of my forwards and they all went up 3 points give or take a point. Not too shabby considering it was just changing in/out boosts.
Old Oct. 4th, '13, 2:31 pm   #7
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,101
Portland, OR
Send a message via MSN to SoulControlla99

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujimum View Post
For the first time ever, I used these on my BAPs last night. For some reason I always thought it was more complicated so I never really looked into it.

Not sure if I did everything as good as I could, but definitely liked it and appreciate you doing this. I did it for my D-man as well but bumped this thread because it seemed more lonely

My D-man went up by a point or two I think. I wasn't paying attention.

Currently I'm using the same template on all of my forwards and they all went up 3 points give or take a point. Not too shabby considering it was just changing in/out boosts.
It is pretty easy. When you allocate your points and you look down the list at the cost of all of them as they stand, if you see 10s to 40s then one category with an 80, you've done it wrong. If you want to be as efficient as possible, make sure when you're done, there are no categories sitting at a dramatically higher cost than the rest. That's the general rule of thumb I go by.

I don't have every +7 boost unlocked though so in some situations I've had to compromise. For instance, I want to be a two way Dman but can't make it feasible because the +7s I have unlocked make it more efficient for me to keep my defensive Dman. It's a little tricky too especially when trying to swap out unrelated boosts. You can switch acceleration for speed on the skates but not (I'm making this up) Defensive awareness for Strength somewhere else.
Old Oct. 4th, '13, 2:40 pm   #8
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,778
St. Louis, Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulControlla99 View Post
You can switch acceleration for speed on the skates but not (I'm making this up) Defensive awareness for Strength somewhere else.
I might be revealing too much about myself here but the way I USED to do it was.

Your hands are strong. Strength boost goes in glove slot.
You need your head to be smart. Awareness goes in the helmet slot.
Stick Check - Stick
Speed/Acc - skates

etc. etc. etc.

Yes, I tried to match it up. Part of it is I'm weird. The other part was, to be fair to myself, I knew where my boosts were.

But yeah, there's one place you can put accel but not speed. I think it's in my D-man (2-way). Not sure why since they're the same type.

I'll have to look at my current costs. I didn't pay attention to that. However, I'm almost to the point that my next card will be just adding to things that are low or maxing out things I want to be maxed.
Old Oct. 4th, '13, 2:51 pm   #9
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Versus Hands

Jun 2008 17,599
The Elbow

speed you can only put in skates. Helmet you can use for more acceleration and agility

As you skate across my blueline in the shadow of death, thou shall fear my evil - Sauerkraut 23:4
"My uncle Tretiak taught me everything I know" - Baron Von Sauerkraut
Old Oct. 17th, '13, 8:07 pm   #10
spec0688

Sep 2012 1,563
Canada

Just to add onto this, found this player builder where you can add boosts and play with your points. Its heck of a lot easier compared to switching over 3 screens and resetting EVERYTHING whenever you just want to switch one attribute.

http://pixelhockey.net/builder/