Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Hockey > EA Hockey

Old Sep. 23rd, '12, 7:51 am   #21
XBoxJon
Bringing heat

Jun 2008 6,922
St. Louis, MO

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscleyarms83 View Post
Speed makes tons of sense for a grinder! It's not about the defense as much as it is about a high-tempo muscleyarmed forecheck. It's actually not a terrible build to play OTP as provided you give up on having any kind of shot accuracy or deking, and focus on passing. As a grinder you'll spend more time frustrating the other team than actually scoring. Tomorrow I want to give it a serious test drive.
Hmmm, I may have to try that build too. I prefer forechecking and giving the dmen trouble and rarely try to dangle or get breakaways anyway.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Old Sep. 23rd, '12, 8:56 am   #22
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

I'm digging the two way build but having face offs capped below 90 hurts at center..

I love the playmaker build but my guy just feels slow and out of sorts.

Old Sep. 23rd, '12, 10:51 am   #23
Blackzyuk
The Band is Back
Aug 2011 2,141
New Bedford
Send a message via MSN to Blackzyuk Send a message via AIM to Blackzyuk

Does anyone else keep having to put their boosts back on their center and noone else?
Old Sep. 23rd, '12, 11:22 am   #24
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,603
Boston

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBS MrT XBS View Post
Does anyone else keep having to put their boosts back on their center and noone else?
Yes, every time.

Old Sep. 23rd, '12, 11:22 am   #25
Rip Winkle
Administrator

Aug 2008 6,524
Canada

Quote:
I'll check T..I know I suffer from the glitch where I have to add boasts that mysteriously drop off from time to time.don't recall if it is just my center though.

Peace

Site > League > Team > Self
Old Sep. 23rd, '12, 11:26 am   #26
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,603
Boston

Quote:
Speed makes tons of sense for a grinder! It's not about the defense as much as it is about a high-tempo muscleyarmed forecheck. It's actually not a terrible build to play OTP as provided you give up on having any kind of shot accuracy or deking, and focus on passing. As a grinder you'll spend more time frustrating the other team than actually scoring. Tomorrow I want to give it a serious test drive.
I completely agree with you, and this is absolutely perfect for the style I like to play. I put emphasis on winning face offs, making passes, and punishing the opposition with a brutal fore check. I don't think I ever try to deke, and most of my goals are scored from Holmstrom's office in front of the net (with the occasional wrist shot if I'm ever open enough to attempt one). I've been having an absolute blast playing the grinder at center.

Old Sep. 23rd, '12, 11:37 am   #27
DrugMonkeyRX
Pack it up

Jul 2008 7,138
Long Island, NY
Send a message via MSN to DrugMonkeyRX Send a message via AIM to DrugMonkeyRX

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie Man View Post
Yes, every time.
WOW really...no wonder my guy felt sluggish yesterday. Im going to check right now.

Old Sep. 23rd, '12, 12:01 pm   #28
Nico 916 Suave
Sir Gorgeous

Jul 2011 3,515
Pittsburgh, PA

I got set back after going about 0-7 in W&W last night lmao, Im nearly superstar on my skater and almost vet for goalie. You really have to get the right crew to level up fast in this game (in net anyways) or else you get the multiple breakaways etc etc. hard to level net. I think it may be time to redo my attributes as well probably have enough built up to do it.

If you will it, dude... It is no dream. - Walter Sobchak
Old Sep. 23rd, '12, 1:00 pm   #29
DesiredCustoms
XBSHL Junkie
Jun 2008 3,259
Niagara Falls, Ontario

gade you need to play some club sir haha
currently only lost 4-5 games In the past 50 or so.. haha

we get a good night run then next day everyone plays a ton more and gets tons more points again

Old Sep. 23rd, '12, 5:28 pm   #30
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,124
Portland, OR
Send a message via MSN to SoulControlla99

Quote:
It only makes sense in the context of a videogame trying to balance templates. You can't honestly sit here and tell me that the fastest guys in league history are grinders. Pavel Bure, Marian Gaborik, Mike Gartner etc.