Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Hockey > EA Hockey

Old Sep. 13th, '12, 6:00 pm   #11
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,101
Portland, OR
Send a message via MSN to SoulControlla99

We should double check the speed for the grinder. At 87, that's the highest cap in the game and doesn't make much sense for the grinder.
Old Sep. 13th, '12, 8:12 pm   #12
XBoxJon
Bringing heat

Jun 2008 6,895
St. Louis, MO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelslash View Post
Power Forward for the win! I am finally back to my power forward build I had back in season 3 of the XBSHL. Can't wait to start knocking some guys into the bench this season.
Same here. I'll probably keep the playmaker for my center, but power forward for sure for my LW/RW.

Old Sep. 21st, '12, 2:22 am   #13
FluKy
Jun 2008 2,289
Toronto, ON
Send a message via MSN to FluKy

Im trying to figure out if aggressiveness actually does something still. I've never found it actually useful. What have you guys found? The sniper has left over points and cant be spent wisely, other than on aggressiveness.
]
Old Sep. 21st, '12, 7:58 am   #14
Rip Winkle
Administrator

Aug 2008 6,505
Canada

From my understanding it impacts intimidation.....how easily you can intimidate and how easily you are intimidated. You can tell when you guy is petrified around the next....he misses (usually hits the post) easy shots and generally plays like crap. Ever play a game where nothing will go right...moe is probably at play, but also some intimidation is usually going on.

Peace

Site > League > Team > Self
Old Sep. 21st, '12, 8:02 am   #15
KT
Jul 2008 5,114

On top of what Rip mentioned it can also increase the chance of knocking your opponent down from hits, and also injuring them.

It's an underrated attribute for sure. I wouldn't put it ahead of body checking, defensive awareness or stick checking. But if you max those other attributes out and have points left then putting some on aggressiveness might be useful.
Old Sep. 21st, '12, 8:36 am   #16
DrugMonkeyRX
Pack it up

Jul 2008 7,106
Long Island, NY
Send a message via MSN to DrugMonkeyRX Send a message via AIM to DrugMonkeyRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulControlla99 View Post
We should double check the speed for the grinder. At 87, that's the highest cap in the game and doesn't make much sense for the grinder.
This is not BS..i tried it last night. With a plus 5 boost my speed was maxed out at 92

Old Sep. 21st, '12, 9:15 am   #17
darktrc
Landeskoging

Jun 2008 3,264
Richmond Hill, ON
Send a message via MSN to darktrc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrugMonkeyRX View Post
This is not BS..i tried it last night. With a plus 5 boost my speed was maxed out at 92
I can also confirm that. The grinder is the fastest template in the game. Highest cap for speed, acceleration and one of the highest endurance at 85. (TWF)
Old Sep. 21st, '12, 6:36 pm   #18
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Versus Hands

Jun 2008 17,599
The Elbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Winkle View Post
From my understanding it impacts intimidation.....how easily you can intimidate and how easily you are intimidated. You can tell when you guy is petrified around the next....he misses (usually hits the post) easy shots and generally plays like crap. Ever play a game where nothing will go right...moe is probably at play, but also some intimidation is usually going on.

Peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by KT View Post
On top of what Rip mentioned it can also increase the chance of knocking your opponent down from hits, and also injuring them.

It's an underrated attribute for sure. I wouldn't put it ahead of body checking, defensive awareness or stick checking. But if you max those other attributes out and have points left then putting some on aggressiveness might be useful.
I have mine maxed out (surprise, surprise)

As you skate across my blueline in the shadow of death, thou shall fear my evil - Sauerkraut 23:4
"My uncle Tretiak taught me everything I know" - Baron Von Sauerkraut
Old Sep. 21st, '12, 7:19 pm   #19
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,087
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Quote:
Speed makes tons of sense for a grinder! It's not about the defense as much as it is about a high-tempo muscleyarmed forecheck. It's actually not a terrible build to play OTP as provided you give up on having any kind of shot accuracy or deking, and focus on passing. As a grinder you'll spend more time frustrating the other team than actually scoring. Tomorrow I want to give it a serious test drive.
"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne
Old Sep. 22nd, '12, 3:54 pm   #20
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,545
Boston

Quote:
Daren Helm comes to mind; skates like the wind and is a great grinder, just not that great of a scorer.

I'm absolutely 100% in love with playing a Center Grinder.
When life knocks you down, get back up, smile, and politely say, "You hit like a bitch".