Old Oct. 8th, '18, 7:29 pm   #1
DustyRytStyk
Kabbott Is My Idol

May 2011 2,215
Long Island, NY
XBS XBSHL Season 23 Update #3

XBSHL Season 23 Update #3

Hello fellow XBS Members,

Let me start by saying thank you to all our members who took the time to join us during our draft. It really is one the best times of the season and when the community gets involved as you guys did, it makes the experience all the more better. Reading your comments on the twitch feed added so much to the draft itself.

Now going forward, (and this is mostly for our new members), this week is a time to practice with your teams, familiarize yourself with the structure of the web site, and get involved as a member here on the site. It is also a time to ask any questions you may have. As the season progresses try to make it a point to regularly visit the site and especially your team locker room forum here on the site. Most importantly, you are required to post your availability each week in your locker room. If not, your owner reserves the right to keep you out of the lineup.

If you are still having issues navigating the site and locating your locker room just ask for assistance. We know it can be a bit overwhelming at first.

Now to some important dates, rules, and notes:

Dates:
  • Season Start: Sunday, October 14th @ 10:00 pm.
Rules:
  • No kneeling or diving in offensive zone.
  • Please review rule book.
    • Give special attention to Player Conduct and Sportsmanship sections.
Notes:
  • 60 game season
  • Each team will play the other 12 times.
  • Trading is permitted only if the players salary and cash are within both teams cap space.
    • Deadline is halfway through season (exact date will be shared later).

We are all looking forward to a great season. Thank you to all members, new and old, for making the XBSHL the most enjoyable 6 vs. 6 league out there. Good luck to all teams as we begin Season 23.

Remember Compete, Respect, and Enjoy!

Sincerely,

Last edited by BleedBlueBlood; Oct. 9th, '18 at 9:57 am.

Old Oct. 8th, '18, 7:33 pm   #2
Nico 916 Suave
Sir Gorgeous

Jul 2011 3,665
Pittsburgh, PA

Looks good man, can't wait to get it rolling!

Sidenote: have we figured out how stats will be done? I know some menus are different this year, is it still the same sections as before?

Old Oct. 8th, '18, 7:46 pm   #3
DustyRytStyk
Kabbott Is My Idol

May 2011 2,215
Long Island, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico 916 Suave View Post
Sidenote: have we figured out how stats will be done? I know some menus are different this year, is it still the same sections as before?
Yes, I would probably recommend people who are very familiar with stats do them for a while. The required stat screen locations aren't exactly the same as last year.

Old Oct. 8th, '18, 8:29 pm   #4
BIGD
Apr 2018 69
grand bend ontario

This is a great league! I only joined last year but have played two seasons now and never had so much fun!

As a new player last year I asked a lot of questions about how to work the site and just finding my way around like a kid in a new high school.
I can tell you these guys in this league all helped me feel welcome and not out of place at all. I took several years off playing games all together having kids etc and at 44 I feel like a kid again playing again after 10 or more years.

With that said I have a question about rules this year.

Why no diving or kneeling in the offensive zone? I honestly don't know the answer and I'm sure while mashing buttons I have probably done this lol.

Have a great season boys!

Old Oct. 8th, '18, 9:30 pm   #5
LayNher
Mar 2016 298
Florida

Great read! Looking forward to this season.

Old Oct. 8th, '18, 9:47 pm   #6
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 18,229
Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGD View Post

Why no diving or kneeling in the offensive zone? I honestly don't know the answer and I'm sure while mashing buttons I have probably done this lol.
Simple answer, because you really don't see it happen in real hockey, so why do it here? We like to think we play a sim style game.

Old Oct. 8th, '18, 11:39 pm   #7
Whiplash444
You Can't Do That!

Dec 2012 520
Long Island,New York

Thanks Dusty..looking forward to getting things started.

Old Oct. 9th, '18, 1:49 am   #8
fresh1
Sep 2018 16
Shelton, Ct

excited to be apart of this league and play

Old Oct. 9th, '18, 2:11 am   #9
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,164
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGD View Post
This is a great league! I only joined last year but have played two seasons now and never had so much fun!

As a new player last year I asked a lot of questions about how to work the site and just finding my way around like a kid in a new high school.
I can tell you these guys in this league all helped me feel welcome and not out of place at all. I took several years off playing games all together having kids etc and at 44 I feel like a kid again playing again after 10 or more years.

Have a great season boys!
If it happens once from time to time, just dump the puck and exit the zone and we'll all accept it as an accident. If it's happening as a matter of routine, people will get sick of you. But as diving in the offensive zone is something one hardly ever sees in real hockey, we don't need it.

"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne
Old Oct. 9th, '18, 8:33 am   #10
allthway
Master
May 2014 735

What does “only if salary exchanged matches” mean?

Can you not trade a 6m player for a 3m player even though the team has an extra 3m in cap space?

Hello