Jul 2008 2,729
Winterset, IA

Thanks makakk!
Old Aug. 3rd, '17, 11:30 am   #12
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,732
Boston

With the beta now being open I was able to DL the game late last night. Only had time for a single game on D, but I have to say it was an enjoyable experience. Like previous betas, my skater stayed when I wanted him to stay, and the skating was smooth. I'm hoping this doesn't disappear upon release, like it did last year.

Gameplay was fairly nice too. Found myself successfully cycling the puck down low in a pickup game. It was nice to be able to put pucks into empty areas where teammates were going to be arriving shortly.

Overall a positive impression for the one game I played.

I got in a fight, won it, but had one of my eyes completely shut. In true OSB fashion, since I had one eye shut, I managed to also score two goals. No Gordie Howe though, there were no other goals for us in the game.Our goalie seemed new to the whole goalie thing, but I didn't mind and still managed to have fun.

Didn't run around too much, but got a couple of very satisfying hits on forwards with their heads down.

Old Aug. 3rd, '17, 2:01 pm   #13
BleedBlueBlood
Toronto Owner/Captain

Jun 2008 18,295
Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSB View Post
With the beta now being open I was able to DL the game late last night. Only had time for a single game on D, but I have to say it was an enjoyable experience. Like previous betas, my skater stayed when I wanted him to stay, and the skating was smooth. I'm hoping this doesn't disappear upon release, like it did last year.

Gameplay was fairly nice too. Found myself successfully cycling the puck down low in a pickup game. It was nice to be able to put pucks into empty areas where teammates were going to be arriving shortly.

Overall a positive impression for the one game I played.

I got in a fight, won it, but had one of my eyes completely shut. In true OSB fashion, since I had one eye shut, I managed to also score two goals. No Gordie Howe though, there were no other goals for us in the game.Our goalie seemed new to the whole goalie thing, but I didn't mind and still managed to have fun.

Didn't run around too much, but got a couple of very satisfying hits on forwards with their heads down.

I'm with you, I'm really enjoying NHL 17.5 Especially on the goalie front! 17 feels so choppy now when I played earlier this week and I'm not looking forward to going back. Wish I could play the beta until EA Access releases the full game.

The big changes should be next year when the game is built on the Frostbite engine. Hoping the Xbox One X also plays a role in the rebuild of this game next year.

Old Aug. 3rd, '17, 2:24 pm   #14
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,732
Boston

I hear ya, but how many consecutive years has it been where we've had little to no updates/upgrades? I mean, aren't we really still on 14 or 15 or something?

I'll buy the game and play it, hopefully they don't screw it up all over when they switch to Frostbite.

Old Aug. 3rd, '17, 2:45 pm   #15
BleedBlueBlood
Toronto Owner/Captain

Jun 2008 18,295
Toronto

Quote:
I hear ya, but how many consecutive years has it been where we've had little to no updates/upgrades? I mean, aren't we really still on 14 or 15 or something?

I'll buy the game and play it, hopefully they don't screw it up all over when they switch to Frostbite.

I could be wrong, but it seems they only rebuild a game once per console. The rest of the time, it's just minor tweeks and additions to the existing platform.

Old Aug. 3rd, '17, 3:57 pm   #16
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,732
Boston

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlueBlood View Post
I could be wrong, but it seems they only rebuild a game once per console. The rest of the time, it's just minor tweeks and additions to the existing platform.
That seems about right, yeah. Love me some hockey tho!

Old Aug. 3rd, '17, 4:03 pm   #17
BleedBlueBlood
Toronto Owner/Captain

Jun 2008 18,295
Toronto

Quote:
That seems about right, yeah. Love me some hockey tho!
Yup, that's why we all buy it ever year

Old Aug. 6th, '17, 3:29 am   #18
Rip Winkle
Administrator

Aug 2008 6,626
Canada

Having fun with it.......I echo the feelings here though....and will of course buy it.......Bong, Cowboy and myself had a blast playing 3's the other day...total belly laugh..and that is healthy.

Peace

Site > League > Team > Self
Old Aug. 7th, '17, 9:17 am   #19
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,732
Boston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Winkle View Post
Having fun with it.......I echo the feelings here though....and will of course buy it.......Bong, Cowboy and myself had a blast playing 3's the other day...total belly laugh..and that is healthy.

Peace
That's what it comes down to. Despite the flaws, the friends make it loads of fun and worth buying/playing.

Old Aug. 7th, '17, 10:46 pm   #20
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,174
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Threes is the best addition to the series since HUT was playable.

"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne