Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Baseball > Other

Old Dec. 6th, '10, 10:02 pm   #1
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0
Mlb EA Sports MLB, coming soon!

http://www.pastapadre.com/2010/12/03...ing#more-31199

2012 is not that far off!!

woo hoo

Quote:
Hope of a future for the MLB 2K series has always been bleak. Take Two/2K Sports has taken a bath with the third party MLB license they signed in 2005. Just in 2010 alone they estimated a loss of $30-40 million due to the license. There was a reason why EA Sports passed on the opportunity to sign the deal leaving 2K Sports to snag itÖit didnít make any financial sense.
However yesterday may have been the biggest sign yet that MLB 2K is a thorn in the side of Take Two that they canít wait to get rid of. President Strauss Zelnick ripped into the MLB side of things (Reuters: via Kotaku) which he also did last year when he cited it as a prime reason the company came in way under earnings projections. Now though he had some sharper comments about the future.

ďItís a losing proposition and we donít have any interest in pursuing losing propositions.Ē

The MLB has already stated they will not renew a third party deal and instead have opted to open up the contract to multiple parties after 2012. That has many looking forward to the return of EA Sports to baseball and the likely resurrection of the MVP name.

Old Dec. 6th, '10, 10:05 pm   #2
slow elk
Champipple

Jul 2008 2,729
Winterset, IA

I may buy another baseball title yet.
Old Dec. 6th, '10, 10:11 pm   #3
JKGuy16
Nov 2008 1,438
Minneapolis, MN
Send a message via MSN to JKGuy16 Send a message via Skype™ to JKGuy16

EA's last MLB game was spot on. MVP 05 still has a very large PC following thanks to a massive modding community. The game was near perfect.

They would really have to step their game up to match MLB: The Show, but at least there would actually be some competition.
Old Dec. 6th, '10, 10:11 pm   #4
IIx Omark xII
May 2009 2,001
Stony Mountain, Manitoba
Send a message via MSN to IIx Omark xII Send a message via AIM to IIx Omark xII Send a message via Skype™ to IIx Omark xII

This has been long awaited
Old Dec. 6th, '10, 10:14 pm   #5
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

I think we have all been waiting for this, and I may be wrong but I think this is the first official news regarding 2K sucking and MLB wanting to open up to more developers.

The Show is the champ and I agree JK, MVP 2005 was incredible. I hope that they can somehow start working on the title now and really blow this thing wide open in March 2012.

Old Dec. 7th, '10, 12:39 am   #6
XBoxJon

Jun 2008 6,876
St. Louis, MO

wow, great news! I can officiall skip any 2k11 MLB game then from 2k Sports and just hold out for EA. Bring back MVP or High Heat baby!
Old Dec. 7th, '10, 12:51 am   #7
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario

I think there will be plenty of people skipping this years offering of 2k MLB, I think this will be a real statement year for the consumer to let 2K know how bad they have really screwed up.

Old Dec. 7th, '10, 1:01 am   #8
slow elk
Champipple

Jul 2008 2,729
Winterset, IA

MVP 05 was badass! I'm looking forward to MVP 2012 or All Star Baseball 2012
Old Dec. 7th, '10, 1:11 am   #9
NJDEVIL30274
Banned
Sep 2008 1,280
East Rutherford NJ
Send a message via AIM to NJDEVIL30274

MVP 05 was amazing. The owner mode alone was great.
Old Dec. 7th, '10, 1:16 am   #10
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario

I just hope that in a secret lab EA already has the ball rolling and will deliver something close to The Show, if they come out with a "quick fix" baseball game I think people will just give up and everyone will buy a PS3.

I love The Show, great game but PSN sucks ass compared to LIVE.