Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Technology > Consoles > Nintendo

Old Nov. 19th, '12, 9:38 am   #1
Danzerino
The Future of the Habs

Jun 2008 2,557
Montreal, Quebec
Send a message via MSN to Danzerino Send a message via AIM to Danzerino
Default Anyone bought the Wii U?

Since it was released yesterday I am wondering if someone bought it and can give a small review about it.

Thanks
Old Nov. 19th, '12, 10:17 am   #2
spec0688

Sep 2012 1,562
Canada

I bought the wii thinking it would be a great thing to have when family comes over or the occasional game for laughs with friends, but I really regretted buying it shortly after. The wii is not a console you buy to play every week, at least not if you have kids or family to play with. Stay clear from the wii U as well, its under powered and will be dominated within a year or two by the new consoles.
Old Nov. 19th, '12, 10:29 am   #3
Danzerino
The Future of the Habs

Jun 2008 2,557
Montreal, Quebec
Send a message via MSN to Danzerino Send a message via AIM to Danzerino

Quote:
Originally Posted by spec0688 View Post
I bought the wii thinking it would be a great thing to have when family comes over or the occasional game for laughs with friends, but I really regretted buying it shortly after. The wii is not a console you buy to play every week, at least not if you have kids or family to play with. Stay clear from the wii U as well, its under powered and will be dominated within a year or two by the new consoles.
Well ya I had a Wii but only played it for like 1 week. Just wanted to play some Zelda, Mario and Metroid other than that no interest. I wonder if the Wii U is something revolutionary or its evolutionary.
Old Nov. 20th, '12, 12:47 pm   #4
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL
Send a message via MSN to Jcon77 Send a message via AIM to Jcon77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzerino View Post
Well ya I had a Wii but only played it for like 1 week. Just wanted to play some Zelda, Mario and Metroid other than that no interest. I wonder if the Wii U is something revolutionary or its evolutionary.
They might have a hard sell even calling it evolutionary. Certainly not revolutionary. Nintendo has always marched to the beat of their own drummer and this initial wave of consoles will sell out, but after the first of the year I think the hype will die down. The main consoles still have great games coming this Winter and into the Spring (new Gears, GTA, even Bioshock Infinity looks cool). I doubt hardcore gamers will gravitate to a console so they can pay full price for a slightly different Arkham City or Mass Effect experience with graphics that may be on par with current consoles. And with the new consoles a year away Nintendo better hope they saved that Wii money or they'll be out of consoles in a generation or two max.