Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Leagues > XBSHL > League News

Old May. 12th, '18, 11:00 am   #1
FluKy
Jun 2008 2,339
Toronto, ON
Send a message via MSN to FluKy
Default Week 3 Power Rankings - Week 2 Calgary Flames on Fire!

Week 3 Record: (6-1-2) Season Record: (14-5-5)

GF: 36
GA: 23
PP: 43.5%
PK: 78.9%

Calgary has been hotter than the girl next door that you've been wanting to bone since you were 8 years old. This week with an incredible goals for/goals against ratio, and an absolutely stunning powerplay. Take a penalty against Calgary? You're gonna pay for that. With how productive their entire team is offensively, it's hard to list just one (or two, or three). Just know that every forward on this team is above 2 points per game! Meanwhile, on the back end, there are no defense below 80 D-rating with SoulGlowAct1v8r topping it off at 100 in 2 games. DesiredCustoms knew what he was doing when he drafted an offensively strong team this season and it's paying off with first place.

Key Player: LegendOfLayNher - Goalie - 6gp | 2.50gaa | .854%
The legend has been on point and LayN everything this week except his cat, who has no resorted to desperate measures to regain his attention. DesiredCustoms can only hope his star goaltender can keep his eyes on the prize. The consistency throughout this week in combination with his rather impressive stats for the entire season has earned him a mention as a key player for this week.

Week 3 Record: (4-2-3) Season Record: (9-9-6)

GF: 22 goals
GA: 29
PP: 18.5%
PK: 76.5%

Vegas is slowly walking their way up, but they still have a long way to go to match Calgary. Pushing games into overtime 3 times this week and securing 11 points has earned them second place. The entire team is producing well with Delta KmKz up top this week with 12 points in 5 games, DustyRytStyk and BenchBoss67 right behind with 10 and 9 points respectively. The key to the success of Vegas going forward will be to tighten up defensively, and continue as they are offensively.

It seems that BleedBlueBlood couldn't handle the spotlight from last week, shall we call this puzzle solved? His save percentage dropping down to a low of .732 this week. Perhaps we could just blame EA though.

Key Player: KT - Defense - 4gp | 0g | 2a | 2pts
This week KT had absolutely stellar numbers in the 4 games he played in and earning his $10,000,000 salary. It's not always about the points, especially as a defenseman. Even though KT was only able to record 2 assists, his +5 rating and 96.8 D-rating make him an essential formula for this team's success.

Week 3 Record: (3-3-2) Season Record: (13-6-5)

GF: 24 goals
GA: 22 goals
PP: 25%
PK: 76%

Coming in hot and ending cold is the name of the game for GetLowBanks' and his team it appears, as this is the same story that happened last season down in Florida. The Isles are consistently dropping in the power rankings, coming in this week at number 3. What is holding them together you may ask? That strong first week gave them the big beginning leap, and the overtime losses are allowing them to get atleast 1 point from the game. The one thing NYI has going for them is the lowest goals against with a strong powerplay. Look out for this team if they can focus on their strengths and leave their weaknesses behind.

Key Player: TheBossCwC - Forward - 6gp | 2g | 13a | 15pts
TheBossCwC posted up career high numbers this week earning him the position of key player. Even though he had 10 minutes in penalties he was still able to be involved with 13 goals and get 2 of his own. Meaning he was apart of more than half the goals scored for NYI this week.

Week 3 Record: (4-4-0) Season Record: (12-12-0)

GF: 15 goals
GA: 23 goals
PP: 8%
PK: 76.9%

A 4-4-0 record and last place again? This must be an XBS record. However, Minnesota is lacking ever so slightly in the ways that make a difference. For example, their powerplay of 8%, and only 15 goals for. Lets not think Minnesota is playing bad though, they are still going .500 every week. Nstj has consistently been playing incredible for them but they can't rely on a goaltender every night, this team has to start scoring. Look for Minnesota to keep doing what they do and play a defensive game to keep the scoring down to give them a chance to win.

Key Player: Nstj - Goalie - 6gp | 2.67gaa | .822%
Nstj from the beginning has proven to be an asset, and this week is no different. With .822 save percentage this week and .819 for the season he is the most consistent starting goaltender in the league making him a very key player to the success of this team.

Last edited by FluKy; May. 12th, '18 at 11:57 am.
]
Old May. 12th, '18, 2:08 pm   #2
BleedBlueBlood
XBS Skullets

Jun 2008 18,112
Toronto

Good work Fluky and thanks for putting that together while you're sick.
Old May. 12th, '18, 2:50 pm   #3
TheBossCwC
Jaromir Jagr

Sep 2011 574
London, ON

Good stuff Fluky. Thank you for your dedication
KCCO

Old May. 12th, '18, 3:56 pm   #4
OldTimeHockey
The Garbage Man

Jul 2008 7,813
South Amboy, NJ
Send a message via MSN to OldTimeHockey

Thanks Fluky for doing these again.
Old May. 12th, '18, 4:21 pm   #5
KT
Jul 2008 5,184
Vancouver, B.C

Good stuff as always Fluke!
Old May. 12th, '18, 7:01 pm   #6
Nstj

Jan 2018 28

THhanks for the shout out. Good stuff fluke
Old May. 12th, '18, 7:23 pm   #7
kabbott50

Jun 2008 2,749
St. John's, NL
Send a message via MSN to kabbott50

Pffft. Laynher. I was 3-0 as a goalie. I'm the real MVP.

#selfish
#proudnewfie
Old May. 12th, '18, 7:37 pm   #8
LayNherTV
Mar 2016 248
Florida

Great work Fluky. Thanks for the shout out and thanks for giving the shout out to my cat. He deserves it.
Old May. 12th, '18, 9:54 pm   #9
FluKy
Jun 2008 2,339
Toronto, ON
Send a message via MSN to FluKy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabbott50 View Post
Pffft. Laynher. I was 3-0 as a goalie. I'm the real MVP.

#selfish
LOL

To be honest though the stats that I'm given don't show individual player wins or win percentage. That would be helpful if I could compare those but it's unfortunately not one of the weekly stats that are visible to me at the moment. The only reason I knew Muscleys last week is I went into every Calgary game to see who played what for each win.
]
Old May. 13th, '18, 1:25 am   #10
LayNherTV
Mar 2016 248
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluKy View Post
LOL

To be honest though the stats that I'm given don't show individual player wins or win percentage. That would be helpful if I could compare those but it's unfortunately not one of the weekly stats that are visible to me at the moment. The only reason I knew Muscleys last week is I went into every Calgary game to see who played what for each win.

Kyle sucks, donít buy in to his BS.