Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > General Section > General Banter

Old Jan. 31st, '10, 4:04 am   #71
Jeffrey99
New GT: drummerJ99

Jul 2008 3,096
Columbus, IN
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey99 Send a message via AIM to Jeffrey99 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffrey99

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujimum View Post
"Lars and the Real Girl"

Awesome movie. I doubt many from here would like it though so I won't even try to recommend it. Loved the movie though.
Your right, not for me. LOL Saw it on some channel the other day and caught about 5 mins of it. Just not my kind of thing.

I watched: The Final Destination, Hurt Locker and Saw 6 over the past two weeks.

The Final Destination I didn't think was very good. The weakest of the three. I didn't think there was any of the deaths that really made you go cool, like in the first two. Overall a decent hour and a half time killer but nothing to remember.

The Hurt Locker: Thought the first hour was awesome. After that I didn't think there was much of a story. And the ending, I didn't care much for.

Saw 6 I really liked. Not only was it only a hour and a half, which is the perfect time for a movie, I thought the story was also pretty entertaining. I didn't think any of the traps were as good as the first two but I thought all the story made up for it.
Old Feb. 7th, '10, 2:16 am   #72
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,712
St. Louis, Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey99 View Post
Your right, not for me. LOL Saw it on some channel the other day and caught about 5 mins of it. Just not my kind of thing.
Wow, 5 whole minutes

It was actually a surprise to me what kind of movie it was. I was expecting it to be a comedy-drama but it turned out to be a lot about the mental disorder. I love movies that delve into the psyche ("Reign Over Me" as an example). I've always found psychology interesting and especially how people cope with things. This movie did that so I enjoyed it. Hopefully if people come across it they don't dismiss it as a comedy even though there are elements of comedy.

Anyway, just watched "Music Within". OK movie. It's the true story of Richard Pimentel. He is injured in Vietnam and goes on to help get the Americans with Disabilities Act to law. Independent film with a good story, but the acting/dialogue wasn't that good. One problem is the movie makes it look like the law was one (this) man's achievement when in fact it was decades of work by many people. But having said that, what this guy did do was awesome and did at least play a part in the act becoming law.
Old Feb. 10th, '10, 11:59 am   #73
BxGngsta
5x Madden Franchise Champ

Jul 2008 870
New York City
Send a message via MSN to BxGngsta

I saw Edge of Darkness last week. It was a great movie. I think the plot and Mel's performance was really good. Form the previews I thought it was just the same old movie like Ransom. It was definitely not like that.
4x Madden '12 Online Franchise Champ
Old Feb. 10th, '10, 12:37 pm   #74
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,712
St. Louis, Mo

I just watched "Temple Grandin" which I think is an HBO Original. I thought it was very good but again, it's about the brain. It's a true story about an autistic woman who went on to revolutionize the cattle industry. She also has done lectures and is now a Doctor of Animal Science at Colorado State University.

Claire Daines was awesome in the movie. It was hard to even see her as Claire Daines.
Old Feb. 14th, '10, 6:04 am   #75
Jeffrey99
New GT: drummerJ99

Jul 2008 3,096
Columbus, IN
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey99 Send a message via AIM to Jeffrey99 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffrey99

Watched "Couples Retreat" today. I'd give it a 1 out of 5. Really didn't find it that funny or entertaining. I like Kristen Bell, so she's about the only thing I did like about it. LOL The only thing I thought that was funny about it was the "I call it twatting" Twitter reference line.
Old Feb. 14th, '10, 8:04 am   #76
XBoxJon

Jun 2008 6,878
St. Louis, MO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey99 View Post
Watched "Couples Retreat" today. I'd give it a 1 out of 5. Really didn't find it that funny or entertaining. I like Kristen Bell, so she's about the only thing I did like about it. LOL The only thing I thought that was funny about it was the "I call it twatting" Twitter reference line.
I enjoyed the "highlight real" conversation that Vince Vaughn's and Jon Favreau's characters had. That made me chuckle.
Old Feb. 14th, '10, 8:07 am   #77
XBoxJon

Jun 2008 6,878
St. Louis, MO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Hurt Locker for me. I was expecting way too much i think, it is getting best picture talk and rottentomatoes gave it a 97 which is ridiculously high. It was a good movie but since my expectations were so high i was a little disappointed. Definitely worth a look.
Agreed, for the same reasons. I hadn't heard of it until the Best Picture nomination, and then I saw it's rating on RottenTomatoes, so I thought what the hell... maybe it's this generation's Platoon or Full Metal Jacket?

It was just "okay" in my mind. Worth a rental, but best picture? Hell no. I liked District 9 better.
Old Feb. 14th, '10, 8:10 am   #78
Drake
I don't hold hands

Jul 2008 3,798
Jersey shore

I thought Couple's Retreat was pretty good. It was not as funny as say The Hangover but had some good moments. Maybe as an old married guy it hit closer to home .

I also saw Whip It which was surprisingly very good.
Old Feb. 14th, '10, 8:16 am   #79
pixel_archived

Jun 2008 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I thought Couple's Retreat was pretty good. It was not as funny as say The Hangover but had some good moments. Maybe as an old married guy it hit closer to home .
I liked it as well. I usually don't find Vince Vaughn movies all that great but I thought this one was good.
Old Feb. 14th, '10, 8:58 am   #80
bones56
I lock people up

Jun 2008 5,632
Long Island NY
Send a message via MSN to bones56 Send a message via AIM to bones56

yeah i just saw couples retreat last night with my wife, it was ok, i did have a few good moments.