XBox-Sports.com
User Name:
Password:
Remember Me?:    
Search Forums:
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
 
Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > General Section > General Banter

Old Jun. 5th, '11, 5:27 pm   #571
XBoxJon
Senior Member
 
XBoxJon's Avatar
Jun 2008 6,878
St. Louis, MO
Offline
Default

Scott Pilgrim - hated it, complete waste of 2 hours.

Hangover 2 - like most sequels, other than Empire Strikes Back, it was pretty average. Worth a rental, nothing more.

Across the Universe - had heard about this from a friend at work, I must have missed it when it was new 4 years ago. Basically, a musical set in the 60's to Beatles music. Having just seen "Love" at the Mirage in Vegas 2 months ago, needless to say I REALLY liked this movie. My wife isn't a big Beatles fan, but she enjoyed it very much too (and neither of us care of musicals).
Reply With Quote
Old Jun. 5th, '11, 5:36 pm   #572
PLAYMKR
Ultimate Niner Fan
 
PLAYMKR's Avatar
Aug 2008 872
Wylie, TX
Offline
Default

Rented "The hit list"...nothing esle at Blockbuster.

Sad to say, this was my first blue ray movie i have seen. :-(

D+ for the movie.



Went to see X-Men.

First Class all the way (Pun intended).

A+ Movie. But I am an Marvel junkie.
Reply With Quote
Old Jun. 6th, '11, 7:51 am   #573
OldTimeHockey
The Garbage Man
 
OldTimeHockey's Avatar
Jul 2008 7,786
South Amboy, NJ
Send a message via MSN to OldTimeHockey
Offline
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBoxJon View Post
Across the Universe - had heard about this from a friend at work, I must have missed it when it was new 4 years ago. Basically, a musical set in the 60's to Beatles music. Having just seen "Love" at the Mirage in Vegas 2 months ago, needless to say I REALLY liked this movie. My wife isn't a big Beatles fan, but she enjoyed it very much too (and neither of us care of musicals).
I absolutely loved Across the Universe. The vibrant colors. The music. The storyline they pieced together. Awesome film.



Reply With Quote
Old Jun. 6th, '11, 8:39 am   #574
Captain Bodget
Senior Member
 
Captain Bodget's Avatar
Jul 2010 1,718
Washington D.C.
Offline
Default

Bridesmaids: B+ has a lot of good laughs. Worth a rent with the Wife or Girl Friend. (My wife wanted to see it, so I don't feel i should lose my "man card.")

Stone: C- Drags at times and the ending leaves a lot to be desired.
Reply With Quote
Old Jun. 6th, '11, 8:43 am   #575
GrandmasterB
This is Flaming Dragon
Jul 2008 1,284
Colorado
Send a message via MSN to GrandmasterB
Offline
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Amonte View Post
Took the wife to the hangover 2 last night. Very funny as expected, but a lot of recycled scenarios/humor. Still a good flick.....and the "drug monkey" in the movie of course made me think of Mark every time they said "drugmonkey" hahahah
Saw it on Saturday night and it wasn't as good as the first (they never are), but damn there were some funny parts. Of course Stu's song as they floated down the river was classic. The best part by far was th end with the pictures...for some reason I felt like playing ping-pong after the show.
http://appurls.com
http://www.grandmasterb.com
------------------------
"Just contact the Mayor's office. He has a special signal he shines in the sky...it's in the shape of a giant cock". ~ Hit Girl
Reply With Quote
Old Jun. 6th, '11, 11:13 am   #576
murph
Senior Member
Aug 2010 274
NY
Offline
Default

Bridesmaid was good. definitely not your average "chick-flick".

Hangover 2 was pretty good too. they lose a couple points for not even trying to switch up the plot, but there is still a ton of hilarious LOL moments.
Reply With Quote
Old Jun. 6th, '11, 1:06 pm   #577
ExArmySgt
Licensed Pill Pusher
Jun 2008 2,662
Vidor, Texas
Send a message via MSN to ExArmySgt Send a message via AIM to ExArmySgt
Offline
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBoxJon View Post
Scott Pilgrim - hated it, complete waste of 2 hours.

Hangover 2 - like most sequels, other than Empire Strikes Back, it was pretty average. Worth a rental, nothing more.

Across the Universe - had heard about this from a friend at work, I must have missed it when it was new 4 years ago. Basically, a musical set in the 60's to Beatles music. Having just seen "Love" at the Mirage in Vegas 2 months ago, needless to say I REALLY liked this movie. My wife isn't a big Beatles fan, but she enjoyed it very much too (and neither of us care of musicals).
I would definitely not listen to me when it comes to reviews Jon. I enjoyed Scott Pilgrim a lot. Very silly and over the top but I found it very funny.

Hangover 2 was good but I agree it wasn't as good as the first. That is probably because it was the same movie basically in Bangkok instead of Vegas.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Old Jun. 6th, '11, 1:48 pm   #578
jujimum
Custom User Title
 
jujimum's Avatar
Jun 2008 18,712
St. Louis, Mo
Offline
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujimum View Post
Scot Pilgrim - Did not like it at all. Watched it in two parts because I got bored and fell asleep the first time. Finished it up later only so I could move on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XBoxJon View Post
Scott Pilgrim - hated it, complete waste of 2 hours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExArmySgt View Post
I would definitely not listen to me when it comes to reviews Jon. I enjoyed Scott Pilgrim a lot. Very silly and over the top but I found it very funny.
I just didn't get it. There was no reason behind anything and the story was just stupid. And while some people probably dug the comic book style of the movie, I felt like there either wasn't enough of it, or too much. It seemed like they used it willy nilly.

And Jon, I wanted to see Across the Universe but completely forgot about the movie. Thanks for reminding me. I don't mind some musicals so I should like it. My only concern was that it'd be too "trippy"
Reply With Quote
Old Jun. 6th, '11, 2:27 pm   #579
XBoxJon
Senior Member
 
XBoxJon's Avatar
Jun 2008 6,878
St. Louis, MO
Offline
Default

It wasn't trippy at all, not like The Wall or something like that. Only one short part of the film was "trippy" because the characters were actually on LSD and it got to that part of the Beatles music catalog (Bono's cameo part was pretty good).
Reply With Quote
Old Jun. 6th, '11, 2:36 pm   #580
OSB
Maximum effort!
 
OSB's Avatar
Jun 2008 13,666
Boston
Offline
Default

Couldn't sleep last night and watched "The Next 3 Days". Was looking for something to put me to sleep, and instead it hooked me and I was up until 4AM LOL! Thoroughly enjoyed this movie and highly recommend it.




Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Site Styles
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 6:01 am.
Contact Us - XBox-Sports - Archive - Top
Menu Links