Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > General Section > General Banter

Old Nov. 4th, '12, 1:41 am   #1081
Thamps
Dish Master

Nov 2010 1,025
Send a message via AIM to Thamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscleyarms83 View Post
I've wanted to see it, but Kevin James just lets me down, like... every time. Wonder if the fact I stopped being a teacher would be detrimental to my enjoyment?
I don't think it would. Surprisingly he actually impressed me in parts with how fast his hands were and how athletic he could be for such a big guy. Add in some great fight scenes, some inspirational parts, some hillarious comedy and you have a winner in my books.

Old Nov. 4th, '12, 3:42 am   #1082
HE HATE ME 77
Banned
Feb 2009 488
East Rutherford, NJ
Send a message via MSN to HE HATE ME 77 Send a message via AIM to HE HATE ME 77

recently finished The Candidate, The Watch, and Total Recall all worth watching ... also for u netflix folks try Machine Gun Preacher was a great story based on real events
[IMG]http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab37/nyr21135/TBSIG2_zps9e9f52dd.jpg[/IMG]
Old Nov. 4th, '12, 4:26 am   #1083
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thamps View Post
Just saw Here Comes The Boom, and I loved it. May mean more to me since I'm studying to be a teacher but still an awesome movie. Some really funny parts as well as some parts that gave me chills due to awesomeness. Definitely recommend it.
Good to hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscleyarms83 View Post
I've wanted to see it, but Kevin James just lets me down, like... every time.
That's why I said, good to hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thamps View Post
I don't think it would. Surprisingly he actually impressed me in parts with how fast his hands were and how athletic he could be for such a big guy. Add in some great fight scenes, some inspirational parts, some hillarious comedy and you have a winner in my books.
I actually really like Kevin James. His stand-up was awesome (specifically "Sweat the Small Stuff) and I loved King of Queens. His movies have been disappointing but I always saw potential. Most of his stuff is too slapsticky and I don't think he needs to do that. Then again, most of his stuff seems to have been geared for younger viewers. Despite the negative reviews, I thought Paul Blart wasn't too bad. Mind you, I was disappointed but I thought it was a cleaner version of Observe and Report (which I thought didn't think was much better than Mall Cop even though the reviews slammed Mall Cop and recommended Observe/Report).

Anyway, I keep hoping Kevin James' movies are better. Not sure why I care. Maybe because a lot of people compare me to him Thankfully, it's not ONLY because of appearance but personality as well (more specifically his character on King of Queens).

Oh, I also wanted to say that he's very athletic despite being bigger (again, I can relate, lol). He showed some of it on the show King of Queens. While not athletic, there was an episode he worked the stripper pole and was, um, how to say...agile?
Old Nov. 4th, '12, 7:55 am   #1084
Dying Lemur
Oct 2012 118
New York, NY

Ooh, also just saw "V/H/S" the other day. If you're into nasty horror it's a good one. It's 5 short stories, some definitely better than the others, but all pretty interesting, and all quite nasty.

Also saw "1408" with John Cusak, which was okay, but seemed to go on too long. Another horror flick.
Old Nov. 4th, '12, 7:56 am   #1085
Dying Lemur
Oct 2012 118
New York, NY

Oh, and to me, Kevin James is a total bum out.
Old Nov. 6th, '12, 3:49 pm   #1086
Jeffrey99
New GT: drummerJ99

Jul 2008 3,096
Columbus, IN
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey99 Send a message via AIM to Jeffrey99 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffrey99

The Campaign: - Though there were some real funny parts but the movie as a whole was kinda blah. It's worth a $2 rental. 3/5

The Cabin In The Woods - Loved this movie. Loved that it kept you thinking on trying to figure out what was gonna happen. Was more of a Sixth Sense style movie then a actual horror movie. Highly recommend. 5/5

The Avengers - Was a decent movie but VERY LONG and slow in some parts. Bigger X-Men and Spider-Man fan. Didn't grow up reading comics of any of the Avengers, so had no personal ties to the characters. Loved the Thor character, will probably watch the Thor movie now. And of course Robert Downey Jr., was great as Ironman. Overall a decent movie if you can stand the 2 1/2 hours. 3/5
Old Nov. 6th, '12, 4:19 pm   #1087
Drake
I don't hold hands

Jul 2008 3,798
Jersey shore

I also saw the Campaign and it was pretty funny. Not Anchorman funny but worth a look. 3.5/5

The Watch was disappointing. With that cast it should have been alot funnier. 2.5/5

Savages. I thought this movie would be very good but it was not. 2/5
Old Nov. 6th, '12, 11:00 pm   #1088
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,702
Boston

Jeffrey I'm watching the Cabin movie right now and I'm loving it as well.

Old Nov. 7th, '12, 9:16 am   #1089
ExArmySgt
Jun 2008 2,662
Vidor, Texas
Send a message via MSN to ExArmySgt Send a message via AIM to ExArmySgt

I thought Cabin in the Woods was great.

Savages was okay, enough to hold my interest that I finished watching it. The Watch was pretty damn funny I thought. Certainly crude in some parts but you have to expect that with the cast. I cant believe you (or anyone else) believes Anchorman is comedy gold but wouldn't find The Watch funny.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old Nov. 7th, '12, 10:15 am   #1090
Drake
I don't hold hands

Jul 2008 3,798
Jersey shore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExArmySgt View Post
I thought Cabin in the Woods was great.

Savages was okay, enough to hold my interest that I finished watching it. The Watch was pretty damn funny I thought. Certainly crude in some parts but you have to expect that with the cast. I cant believe you (or anyone else) believes Anchorman is comedy gold but wouldn't find The Watch funny.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I didnt say it wasnt funny, it was. i just thought with Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn and Jonah Hill it should have been better. I love crude, there is no such thing as too crude

Anchorman IS the gold standard for comedy. That is all.