Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Other Sports > Soccer

Old Sep. 24th, '12, 11:07 am   #61
Nexus510
Banned
Sep 2011 1,910
Austin, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulControlla99 View Post
From what I saw, the AI makes much more decisive passes, making perfect through balls and time their runs really well. They can actually score when they shoot which is always nice as well. But that was the demo, maybe they're just really awful in the real game.
Yeah they have issues with all those things in Pro Clubs, although they do make good shots if you let them have the ball near/in the box, but we always have the midfield/forwards as human. The one time they usually make good passes is if they are facing you and there is a clear lane, otherwise they start to get into some trouble.
Old Sep. 24th, '12, 11:23 am   #62
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,712
St. Louis, Mo

I struggled with the game. Not sure it's for me. My first game with you guys was brutal. I think I made a nice improvement in my second game. Not too bad considering I didn't even know the buttons in my first game, was struggling with the camera, didn't know a thing about positions, etc. So to improve quite a bit (my opinion) in the second game felt nice. My third and last game wasn't too great because I felt the pressure again. People yelling "get it out, get it out" or whatever. It's not like common sense doesn't tell you that. So naturally I panicked and hit the wrong button (again, third game in YEARS).

I briefly talked to pixel about the games I played and told him I was having to "relearn" the game. Meaning, position AND the camera placement. Mind you, I'm not a huge soccer fan but watch the big events. And the last game I played was single player. So all of this stuff combined was very hard for me to adjust quickly to. I know I should've started offline but figured it would be OK playing online and I might even learn more by doing so. Instead, I just got flustered for various reasons. I mean, I was basically throwing myself in with the wolves without having barely touched the game. Was hoping it would've been understood that I needed to be eased into the experience but it wasn't. I quit out and haven't touched the game since

pixel suggested changing the camera so I tried it with the Pro camera offline for a couple of games. I do think that helped a lot but it was still hard for me to figure out what was going on. On my TV, if I'm not close to the action, it zooms out so far that everything is very, very tiny.

Long story short...I might end up buying it but as of now I'm leaning towards not. If there were other clubs out there, I'd consider it for a change of pace type of thing, but I might just put my free time towards some single player games and building my NHL BAP (finally reached Veteran 1 and am VERY FAR behind everyone it seems).
Old Sep. 24th, '12, 11:24 am   #63
DrugMonkeyRX
Pack it up

Jul 2008 7,221
Long Island, NY
Send a message via MSN to DrugMonkeyRX Send a message via AIM to DrugMonkeyRX

I still cant believe you cant call for a pass from the AI. I agree the AI passing is horrible....you can be wide open and they hold on to the ball forever. The games were pretty good yesterday its a HUGE chance of pace for me going from NHL to FIFA (i can only play a few games..lol). Sometimes i feel like im just sitting around and not doing anything...feels awkward so race back only to see the arrow tell me i should be running the other way..LOL

Old Sep. 24th, '12, 11:31 am   #64
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,712
St. Louis, Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrugMonkeyRX View Post
The games were pretty good yesterday its a HUGE chance of pace for me going from NHL to FIFA (i can only play a few games..lol).
I played those 3-5 games of FIFA and then played in some W&W games later that night. The NHL game looked like a 3v3 arcade type of game to me I think it was going from the huge playing field to the small rink. It took me about a period to adjust. Everything looked zoomed in and large
Old Sep. 24th, '12, 11:36 am   #65
Nexus510
Banned
Sep 2011 1,910
Austin, TX

Quote:
I still cant believe you cant call for a pass from the AI. I agree the AI passing is horrible....you can be wide open and they hold on to the ball forever. The games were pretty good yesterday its a HUGE chance of pace for me going from NHL to FIFA (i can only play a few games..lol). Sometimes i feel like im just sitting around and not doing anything...feels awkward so race back only to see the arrow tell me i should be running the other way..LOL
You can call for the pass, but the AI seems to have selective hearing sometimes. He just ignores you or makes a terrible pass most of the time.
Old Sep. 24th, '12, 11:39 am   #66
DrugMonkeyRX
Pack it up

Jul 2008 7,221
Long Island, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujimum View Post
I played those 3-5 games of FIFA and then played in some W&W games later that night. The NHL game looked like a 3v3 arcade type of game to me I think it was going from the huge playing field to the small rink. It took me about a period to adjust. Everything looked zoomed in and large
Tell me about it man...it was like a breath of fresh air for me and after achieving Legend status last night and redoing my OFD my player felt so damn light on his skates...i really couldnt believe it made that much of a difference going from Superstar 3 to Legend 1.

Old Sep. 24th, '12, 11:40 am   #67
DrugMonkeyRX
Pack it up

Jul 2008 7,221
Long Island, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus510 View Post
You can call for the pass, but the AI seems to have selective hearing sometimes. He just ignores you or makes a terrible pass most of the time.
I didnt know that...lol How do you call for a pass man? This way i can at least wave my arm around and feel like im doing something productive on the field

Old Sep. 24th, '12, 12:27 pm   #68
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,115
Portland, OR
Send a message via MSN to SoulControlla99

It's just like hockey in that if you don't know what's going on in terms of positioning, you're going to feel really out of place. And don't think you're the only guys who have a hard time with it because playing randoms in FIFA, almost no one plays their position. That's what clubs are for, the more serious players. In randoms, people carry the ball too long and they drive right at the net without much build up play. It's the same as hockey when random games are just exchanging odd man rushes all game long. It's not realistic until you get a bunch of guys together who know what they're doing, then things run way smoother. When you're playing soccer, you may not have the ball very long or many times but you still have to maintain your position so you can hold possession of the ball as a team and work it forward. There's only one ball and 22 players on the field so you're going to have the ball for only a small part of the game. It's what you do with it and how well you work together with your teammates that makes the game beautiful.
Old Sep. 24th, '12, 12:38 pm   #69
darktrc
Landeskoging

Jun 2008 3,223
Richmond Hill, ON
Send a message via MSN to darktrc

Quote:
I didnt know that...lol How do you call for a pass man? This way i can at least wave my arm around and feel like im doing something productive on the field
Most of the time, they will pass to you. Don't know what Nexus is doing wrong, but almost every time I call for it, he tries to get it to me no matter what lol. So unless you want it, I don't recommend waving your arm haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulControlla99 View Post
It's just like hockey in that if you don't know what's going on in terms of positioning, you're going to feel really out of place. And don't think you're the only guys who have a hard time with it because playing randoms in FIFA, almost no one plays their position. That's what clubs are for, the more serious players. In randoms, people carry the ball too long and they drive right at the net without much build up play. It's the same as hockey when random games are just exchanging odd man rushes all game long. It's not realistic until you get a bunch of guys together who know what they're doing, then things run way smoother. When you're playing soccer, you may not have the ball very long or many times but you still have to maintain your position so you can hold possession of the ball as a team and work it forward. There's only one ball and 22 players on the field so you're going to have the ball for only a small part of the game. It's what you do with it and how well you work together with your teammates that makes the game beautiful.
That's pretty much it. Different games, different ways to play. Good stuff Soul.
Old Sep. 26th, '12, 10:50 am   #70
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,115
Portland, OR
Send a message via MSN to SoulControlla99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus510 View Post
Yeah they have issues with all those things in Pro Clubs, although they do make good shots if you let them have the ball near/in the box, but we always have the midfield/forwards as human. The one time they usually make good passes is if they are facing you and there is a clear lane, otherwise they start to get into some trouble.
Yeah, the AI is still awful. Played some club yesterday and the AI couldn't stop this one guy from scoring 3 header goals on 3 crosses into the box. They only pass to you if you call for it while covered. The full backs get beat down the line every single time. That really sucks they couldn't fix that. The goals are nicer though so that if the keeper gets his hand on it, it can still go in. I like the mini games too, they're kinda fun and really tough in some cases. It sucks that they stop you from levelling up your guy offline but from what I understand, it's to prevent people from hacking their players.