XBox-Sports.com
User Name:
Password:
Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > General Section > Help & Information Desk > Site Help

Old Jul. 24th, '08, 1:06 pm   #21
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL
Send a message via MSN to Jcon77 Send a message via AIM to Jcon77

Yeah I want to add to the thanks of having guys who actually listen to constructive suggestions. Even if there is a disagreement, getting a response at all is a refreshing change. (No I am not dogging any site in particular, it seems to be problem at a lot of places).

Old Jul. 24th, '08, 1:29 pm   #22
Drake
I don't hold hands

Jul 2008 3,798
Jersey shore

When i click on the title it takes me to the first post, not the first new post. Clicking the teeny weeny little red box does take me to the first new post though so thats fine with me.
Old Jul. 24th, '08, 1:55 pm   #23
OldTimeHockey
The Garbage Man

Jul 2008 7,844
South Amboy, NJ
Send a message via MSN to OldTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcon77 View Post
Yeah I want to add to the thanks of having guys who actually listen to constructive suggestions. Even if there is a disagreement, getting a response at all is a refreshing change. (No I am not dogging any site in particular, it seems to be problem at a lot of places).
Ditto on getting a response. Just knowing that something was actually read and considered is a breathe of fresh air, even if it isn't implemented. You have no idea how many sites I have belonged to where I think I have came up with some good helpful stuff, have spent time generating a well thought out response, and don't even get a message in return. I know once the site grows and more and more people are chiming in this will be harder to accomplish, but knowing that we have people in charge who have been on the other side of the fence knowing what we go thorugh helps a bunch.

Old Jul. 24th, '08, 3:20 pm   #24
pixel_archived

Jun 2008 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimeHockey View Post
Thanks pixel!!! Thanks so much for listening to, considering, and implementing my suggestion. I think something may be screwed up however as I am clicking on threads with multiple posts, threads I know I have never seen before, and I am going to the last post when I click on the title. I just confirmed it by going to the PS3 forum, because I never go there since I don't have a PS3, and was taken to the end of a thread that has multiple pages just by clicking on the title.

My vote is if there are no new posts, you go to the last post.

So if its a thread you have never viewed before, you go to the first post.

If its a thread you looked at and there have been like 10 new responses since you've looked, it goes to the first new response.

If its a thread you looked at and there are no new responses, it takes you to the last post.
I don't think this is a possibility to set it up this way. As juji said, the sites cookies think that you viewed the PS3 thread even though you haven't. The last time you visited it assumed you viewed all the threads so it marks them all as viewed and your cookie is set to where the last post was in each thread at that point.

I am not 100% on this as cookies are very confusing little buggers but I think that is what is happening.