Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Leagues > XBSHL > League News

Old Sep. 6th, '17, 1:36 pm   #31
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Versus Hands

Jun 2008 17,604
The Elbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrugMonkeyRX View Post
what kinda bullshit move is that by EA? they make me sick with these stupid decisions to try and squeeze a few more dollars out of their loyal customer base.
I agree, EA, especially the NHL division are simply put.....whores! It should be the same release date for everyone. If people want a "deal" with HUT crap, so be it, but there's no need for separate dates....

As you skate across my blueline in the shadow of death, thou shall fear my evil - Sauerkraut 23:4
"My uncle Tretiak taught me everything I know" - Baron Von Sauerkraut
Old Sep. 7th, '17, 9:09 am   #32
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,547
Boston

EA isn't much more than a distributor trying to nickel and dime us on games developed by actual gaming development companies. Capitalism at it's finest. See you on the 15th!
When life knocks you down, get back up, smile, and politely say, "You hit like a bitch".
Old Sep. 7th, '17, 9:42 am   #33
silentmiller
Mix it with love,babe.

Jul 2008 2,187

Every year the game has been released on a Tuesday. This year it is on Friday. Those three days for the Young Guns or whatever is actually what would be the regular release date. They'll take your money.
Old Sep. 7th, '17, 11:44 am   #34
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,547
Boston

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentmiller View Post
Every year the game has been released on a Tuesday. This year it is on Friday. Those three days for the Young Guns or whatever is actually what would be the regular release date. They'll take your money.
This.
When life knocks you down, get back up, smile, and politely say, "You hit like a bitch".
Old Sep. 11th, '17, 9:25 am   #35
OldTimeHockey
The Garbage Man

Jul 2008 7,629
South Amboy, NJ
Send a message via MSN to OldTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSB View Post
EA isn't much more than a distributor trying to nickel and dime us on games developed by actual gaming development companies. Capitalism at it's finest. See you on the 15th!
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentmiller View Post
Yep. I couldn't justify to myself putting extra money down to play a couple days in advance when I don't even play HUT. The costs were ridiculous for the added stuff. I could care less if my character doesn't celebrate like McDavid.

I take online surveys every now and again because I can earn Gamestop giftcards. I had $50, so which do you think is better? Wait until Friday and only pay $15 out of pocket or pay out the wazoo?

See you guys Friday.
Old Sep. 11th, '17, 12:06 pm   #36
silentmiller
Mix it with love,babe.

Jul 2008 2,187

Wait until Friday. Unless you play HUT, and even then I don't think it's worth it.
Old Sep. 12th, '17, 9:25 pm   #37
Nutty Grandpa
Dec 2015 94
Canton, GA

I was going to bring in a team, but damn Braves have me booked Saturday 6:35 and Sunday 1:35.... I definitely want to play, but probably won't fit in the tournament schedule.
Old Sep. 13th, '17, 1:29 am   #38
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,101
Portland, OR
Send a message via MSN to SoulControlla99

I haven't even used all my trial hours
Old Sep. 13th, '17, 5:39 am   #39
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,547
Boston

I didn't even bother with the trial

Admittedly did enjoy beta, just didn't really have time around the trial.
Old Sep. 13th, '17, 6:18 pm   #40
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,088
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Playable at midnight EST tomorrow.
"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne