Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Other Sports > Soccer

Old Nov. 3rd, '12, 5:15 am   #1
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,720
Boston
Default FIFA Career mode

I figured I had some learning to do, so I dove into an offline career. I started with my favorite team (Club Brugge) in the pre season and was promptly loaned out to a minor league team in the UK. Better than only dressing in half the pre season games. I get into a groove as the season starts and the team and I both do pretty well.

About 8 games into the season I get decked and I injure my elbow, forcing me to sit for 6 weeks. I sim through the six weeks and get back to playing. My second game back my guy drops to the pitch like he's been shot, not another player anywhere near him. Torn calf muscle, out for 3 months.

Not too happy about the two injuries but I can't deny that I've had a lot of fun playing off line career tonight for about 4 hours. Tempted to sim 3 months out but should probably go to bed.

Anyone still playing this?

Old Nov. 3rd, '12, 5:42 am   #2
Nico 916 Suave
Sir Gorgeous

Jul 2011 3,669
Pittsburgh, PA

Awesome!! Love the in depth offline career aspect. Whether NHL or FIFA or anything else. I like to know that RPG aspect that you all share with it. My take on it is you're too busy busting heads in xbshl that your body just can't take it on the pitch either

Old Nov. 3rd, '12, 11:02 am   #3
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,720
Boston

I ended up simming through 3 months last night and playing a few more games. I think i got to bed at sbout 3 AM or so, and its been a while since i stayed up that late for anything. It's been fun to get more comfortable with the controls and become more active up front. I've also been slowly gaining some skill points here and there as well as unlocking the skills drills. When I was healthy and playing my team (Crewe Alexandra) was in first place. After my 6 week injury they were in 4th place. After my 3 month injury we had dropped to 12th. Hopefully I can stay healthy and we can make a run for the top in an attempt to climb up a league.

I haven't tried to game online yet - I guess I'm enjoying offline career too much to try that for now.

Old Nov. 3rd, '12, 11:20 am   #4
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,119
Portland, OR
Send a message via MSN to SoulControlla99

I used to play the offline career more but I've only played online this year because they've separated your offline pro vs your online pro. They used to let you gain skills offline, then go online with your guy. Now you have to do all your accomplishments online.
Old Nov. 3rd, '12, 3:30 pm   #5
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,720
Boston

Well I guess I'm going to have to go online then.

Old Nov. 3rd, '12, 3:38 pm   #6
pixel_archived

Jun 2008 0

I was really into the career mode (manager career) but the game traded my best player away without my permission. I haven't touched the game since.

Not sure why they think that would be a good addition. It certainly killed the game for me.
Old Nov. 3rd, '12, 5:00 pm   #7
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,720
Boston

Brutal. You don't play FIFA at all anymore?

Old Nov. 3rd, '12, 5:08 pm   #8
pixel_archived

Jun 2008 0

After the owners of the team traded my best player, I lost all interest in the career/manager mode. I didn't see the point of making roster moves to improve my team if the computer is just going to over-ride everything I do and move players anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie Man View Post
Brutal. You don't play FIFA at all anymore?
I haven't played it in awhile (a couple of weeks). That isn't to say that I am through with the game by any means... just been too busy with other games (LA Noire I finally bought and finishing off AC2.5).

I will likely jump back on it soon since it has been awhile but the offline career mode is dead to me until they add the option of no forced selling of players.
Old Nov. 3rd, '12, 5:21 pm   #9
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,720
Boston

I can see how hat would be frustrating for sure. I'm going to start working on my online career and maybe well have a chance to get some FIFA games in over the next couple of weeks. Where do you play? My offline guy is a midfielder who plays high near the front - I like to set up goals and score some as well when the opportunity arrives.

Old Nov. 3rd, '12, 5:33 pm   #10
pixel_archived

Jun 2008 0

I generally play left midfielder although I do play striker occasionally.