Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Leagues > XBSHL > League News

Old Nov. 11th, '17, 9:50 pm   #1
DustyRytStyk
XBS Bully

May 2011 2,026
Long Island, NY
Default Week 4 Power Rankings - Downright Dominant Leafs

Week 4 Record: (5-1-0) Season Record: (15-7-2)
I have no idea what kind of pep talk allthway gave his team after last week, but whatever he did, sure lit a fire under their collective behinds. His Leafs were damn near perfect this week going 5 - 1, with their only loss coming against Florida. I don't even know where to start with Toronto this week as all of their team statistics were off the charts. They led the entire league in all facets, including Power Play (50%) and Penalty Kill percentage (93%), Goals for (20), and Goals against (9). Yes, you read that correctly; the Leafs only allowed 9 goals in 6 games this week and to me that is the most impressive statistic of all. Defensively speaking, they didn't have one blueliner with a D-Rating lower than 89.0 and if that wasn't enough, BBB was an absolute beast between the pipes posting 2 shutouts this week. The Leafs were a well oiled machine this week and as we approach the final weeks of the season they are hitting their prime at exactly the right time. If they continue at this pace come playoff time, I feel sorry for the rest of the competition.

Key Player: BleedBlueBlood - Goalie - 6gp | 1.50gaa | .894%
Was it ever in doubt? Kabbott certainly could have named BBB a Star this week but in an effort to spread the wealth we decided he would at least get a mention here. 9 Goals in 6 games, 2 shutouts...need I say more? Well I am going to. He led all goaltenders in the league this week and it wasn't even close, as he sported a 1.50 GAA, .894 S%, and went 5 - 1. Scotty continues to impress week in and week out.

Week 4 Record: (3-3-0) Season Record: (13-9-2)
Florida continues to hang tough and as such similar to last week, they remain in the second spot in the Power Rankings. They were directly behind Toronto in all team statistical categories, except the PK, where they were ranked last this week. Accordingly, their 18 Goals for and 14 Goals allowed added up to the only other positive goal differential this week among all 4 teams (the other being Toronto). Special teams wise their 2nd ranked Power Play was a positive contributing factor to success yet their last ranked PK unit was a small cause for concern. The Panthers split their weekly series with Toronto which surely shows that they can handle the red hot Leafs. However they also lost to Philly which was a bit of a surprise especially with they way the Flyers have been struggling. For the most part, Florida continues to play consistent hockey and outside of a monumental collapse, I certainly expect them to be one of the three teams to qualify for the post season.

Key Player: chewbacca1964 - Defense - 3gp | 0g | 3a | 3pts
My man Chewy was lights out on the back end for Florida this week. He led all Panther defensemen with a D-Rating of 97.3 which was also good for second in the league overall. Not know for his offensive prowess he also added three assists in his 3 games played and was one of only 2 Florida defensemen with a positive +/- rating. Solid week for the newlywed so congrats on both fronts.

Week 4 Record: (2-3-1) Season Record: (11-9-4)
The Avalanche were without both No Regretzkys and Moose this week who both suited up for none of their games, and it was evident in the results. And not to take away anything from the other members of the Avs, but when any team loses two of their core pieces for a week they are most likely going to have issues. Their Penalty Kill was a strong suit but offensively, they just couldn't find the back of the net, scoring only 11 goals this week and icing a dormant Power Play (16%, ranked 4th) that just couldn't give them any positive momentum. On the flip side, keeping the puck out of the net was also another sore point for Colorado, as they allowed 19 Goals, which was only one goal better than last place Philadelphia. As of now, the Avs hold that last playoff berth. However, if another week like this becomes the norm, and the Flyers start to string together some wins, it should be a real interesting playoff race as we approach the final 2 weeks of the regular season.

Key Player: kabbott50 - Defense - 2gp | 1g | 1a | 2pts --- Goalie - 2gp | 3.00gaa | .793%
Kabbott gets the mention here not for anything spectacular in his stats but for his value to the Avalanche this week. In a week when they were shorthanded a few key players, Kabbott filled in on both defense and in between the pipes admirably. As a d-man he had a respectable rating of 89.0 with a +/- of +2 and as a netminder he posted a 3.00 GAA with a .793 S%.

Week 4 Record: (2-4-0) Season Record: (9-14-1)
As a member of the Flyers it's very easy to pinpoint the issues that are hampering the success of the team. We simply aren't putting together a consistent effort in each and every game. With the addition of Gade this week via free agency we acquired a player that can certainly help. But at this point in the season, it may be a case of too little too late, as we still sit 7 points out of the final playoff berth. This week both offensively and defensively it was a struggle for Philly as we scored only 13 goals in our 6 games while allowing the most amount of goals (20) in those games. Special teams were mediocre, both ranked third and while HABS did post a shutout this week, that was really the lone bright spot in Philadelphia in week 4. Bench has his work cut out for him in Week 5; a week that is basically do or die for the Flyers who need to come away with at least 8 out of the 12 possible points in order to stay in the playoff hunt. If they can manage to hang close this week, squeaking into the playoffs in the final week may just be a possibility.

Key Player: HABS - Goalie - 6gp | 3.33gaa | .785%
In an honestly dismal week for the Flyers, HABS was a key reason for one of their only two wins this week. In that win, a 2 - 0 victory versus Colorado, he obviously nabbed a shutout and as such was named the First Star of the game. If Philadelphia is going to put together any sort of run, some more performances like this from HABS would surely help.

Old Nov. 11th, '17, 10:36 pm   #2
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Vezina Hands

Jun 2008 17,732
NE of TO

Nice write up Dusty and thanks for the mention. Also, thank you for putting it together. +rep

Old Nov. 11th, '17, 10:55 pm   #3
kabbott50

Jun 2008 2,781
St. John's, NL
Send a message via MSN to kabbott50

Thanks for the mention. Just trying to be a team player.

That said, sorry I didn't get to the three stars. Been on the go all day for different reasons.

#proudnewfie
Old Nov. 12th, '17, 9:28 pm   #4
GetLowBanks
aka: RickJamezl3ish

May 2011 1,074
Windsor

Solid, great job everyone.

Old Nov. 13th, '17, 4:36 pm   #5
Nico 916 Suave
Sir Gorgeous

Jul 2011 3,512
Pittsburgh, PA