XBox-Sports Forum

XBox-Sports Forum (http://forum.xbox-sports.com/index.php)
-   Other sport topics (http://forum.xbox-sports.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   WWE (http://forum.xbox-sports.com/showthread.php?t=17612)

muscleyarms83 Apr. 17th, '13 3:21 am

WWE

I figured there's enough wrasslin' fans that an ongoing discussion thread might be good.

This week's Raw was nearly enough to throw me screaming off the bandwagon just 3 months after I got back on. I honestly feel bad for the state of the promotion.

High points: um... I'm gonna say Team Hell No. They beat jobbers. And they seem like the bestest of friends now.

Low points: Everything else. I can't admit to being a Punk fan, but at least he was always interesting. Not tonight, I guess. Fandango was served a big ol' meatball right over the plate from the Jersey crowd last week (and honestly, his own strength of performance with all this stupidity to date) and whiffed HARD. No crowd connection. No material. No match. And what is with his voice? Its like he can't decide if he wants to sound like a gay Cuban or a white Bostonian. Seriously, I detected three distinct accents attempted. Also, apparently we all love Cena again. And really want Cesaro doing house shows. And everything about the Divas is terrible and painful to watch. Even with asses like the Bella twins have.

I realize I skipped a lot of the last 8-9 years of WWE. But between my current short stint as a fan and the many years I watched religiously as a young man, this is in the running for worst episode ever. On the plus side, it can only get better, right?

spec0688 Apr. 17th, '13 8:46 am

Honestly if you don't enjoy it that much then just stop watching, it really isn't going to get any better. Might sound like a dick but i just watch it for the few good segments there are, they really need to go back to 2 hours...half the show is clips of what happened or commercials. I somewhat enjoyed that show, not all if it. The punk segment was good I thought, ziggler match was decent quality although I didn't like him losing clean. Ceaaro/Kofi match was surprisingly good even tho Kofi is boring to me.

Fandango was given a horrible script, that part wasn't good at all. ryback promo was pretty damn good, excited to see how that plays out but most likely a cena win.

I usually record it so I fast forward all the commercials and stupid segments/re runs

SkatingPenguin Apr. 17th, '13 8:58 am

I stopped watching years ago but the only thing I can contribute is that my brother was in Las Vegas last weekend and went to the UFC fight on saturday night. He was looking around and CM Punk and Lita were about 10 seats over from him. Nick Diaz was sitting infront him just to mention.

muscleyarms83 Apr. 17th, '13 9:33 am

There's usually been plenty to keep me entertained on a weekly basis, just nothing hit this week.

Nico 916 Suave Apr. 17th, '13 2:11 pm

Ok, so I didnt miss much then? :rofl:
Ever since I watched Smackdown last week I've been wanting to keep on watching when it's on. Forgot about Raw on Monday.
I understand Fandango got given a shitty gimmick but the good ones make it work. I honestly think 85-90% of the crowd reaction to him (from the 2-3 episodes I've seen :rofl:) are just so it's not the most cringeworthy 10-15 minutes he's out there, so they just hum his theme song. That's just my prediction though, I don't like that gimmick.

muscleyarms83 Apr. 17th, '13 2:41 pm

I don't like the gimmick either, but holy shit did I ever love his whole thing the previous week! The post beatdown "its... fan... daaaaan...gooo" bit was hilarious! I honestly think they sent him to the ring last night with no plan.

Nico 916 Suave Apr. 17th, '13 2:48 pm

Hahah - yeah in context it's good , I didnt catch this past weeks episode but like you said, it sounds like they threw him to the wolves :rofl:

Tougie Apr. 17th, '13 4:35 pm

As much as I haven't been enjoying WWE lately (wrestling as a whole is a different story), I've been watching all of my life so it's hard to stop now. Raw this week was exactly what I expected, sub par because it was up for Extreme Rules.

tattoofreak34 Apr. 17th, '13 7:39 pm

as i just saw raw from monday,i wonder is cm pubk leaving or is it an injury they are not talking about or just as they call it a work to build up to something.is ziggler a long term champ or just enought to fig out who they want to really have it.who is cenas next real challenge because ryback will not be a champ and cena and pubk has been done to much,im thinking mark henry is the one they will pick to challenge him or the shield not alot of options.kofi kingstons match was great.:thumbup:

Novicain13 Apr. 17th, '13 7:56 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by tattoofreak34 (Post 277779)
as i just saw raw from monday,i wonder is cm pubk leaving or is it an injury they are not talking about or just as they call it a work to build up to something.is ziggler a long term champ or just enought to fig out who they want to really have it.who is cenas next real challenge because ryback will not be a champ and cena and pubk has been done to much,im thinking mark henry is the one they will pick to challenge him or the shield not alot of options.kofi kingstons match was great.:thumbup:

Punk is banged up and is taking time off