PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 4 in Canada..

Phoenix 2.0
Jul. 10th, '10, 4:07 am
released on July 23rd?

http://blogs.canoe.ca/canoetech/oh-canada/are-wet-getting-the-iphone-on-july-23/

I hope so.

Phoenix 2.0
Jul. 10th, '10, 7:19 pm
http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/iphone-news/the-iphone-4-launch-in-canada-delayed-to-july-28/

July 28th...

FluKy
Jul. 10th, '10, 11:01 pm
If I dont see anything special from blackberry, Im gonna have to buy this new iPhone!

Phoenix 2.0
Jul. 11th, '10, 7:59 pm
http://www.macrumors.com/2010/07/08/next-round-of-international-iphone-4-releases-set-for-july-28th/

July 28th seems to be the date that everyone is saying, start saving those pennies

Phoenix 2.0
Jul. 14th, '10, 9:13 pm
http://www.cultofmac.com/apple-to-hold-iphone-4-press-conference-on-friday/50962

Apple holding press conference on Friday to announce when Canadians will get their hands on awesome antenna fixed iPhone 4 to be used on multiple carriers in Canada, and also mention how awesome AT&T is for the US.

BoozersOnline
Jul. 14th, '10, 9:41 pm
Question whats the best way to get it on release day bring a lawn chair around 3 am at a retailer? or what...

Phoenix 2.0
Jul. 14th, '10, 9:58 pm
if you pre order with your carrier, no need to camp.

who is your carrier?

if it's Bell go here:

http://register.bell.ca/?INT=MOB_shop_home_BAN_iPhone4_20100609_lm_all

if it's Rogers go here:

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/new-iphone-leadgen?cm_sp=Consumer-_-Wireless_iPhone4_0610_Eng-_-iphone4_leadgen_HOM_PRE_slot1

Telus go Here:

http://promotions.telus.com/registration/index.aspx?phone_type=iphone&lang_pref=en

if it's one of the others, check their site and sign up for information.

This will send you a mail telling you when it is officially available in Canada and give you the option to pre order, once you do that just sit back and wait for the magical day and pick it up at your leisure.

great site for Canadian content:

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/

BoozersOnline
Jul. 24th, '10, 1:06 pm
Anybody else a little suprised rogers still has nothing on there website regarding an official launch date? while bell already has july 30. It better be coming on the 30th as well

Phoenix 2.0
Jul. 26th, '10, 5:27 pm
I got an email from "my guy" today, internally it is official that the 30th is the drop date, sadly they will only be receiving 2,000 nationally.... which translates to approx. 2 per store.

Balls.

Vega
Jul. 27th, '10, 8:33 am
I'm assuming this is related to the antenna issue?

May be worth waiting if they're trying to fix it.

Phoenix 2.0
Jul. 27th, '10, 9:25 am
I think they are having a very hard time keeping up, they can't make them fast enough...

the antenna issue may have something to do with it but as posted in another thread they have been replacing them "silently" with newer models, I would assume that Apple would be shipping the latest models but just don't have enough of them built.
either way it sucks ass that they don't have enough to go around.

Phoenix 2.0
Jul. 29th, '10, 8:11 pm
wow:

http://redboard.rogers.com/2010/iphone-4-launches-tomorrow-on-rogers/

Did you activate or upgrade your Rogers iPhone on a term contract between January 1, 2009 and June 7, 2010?
Then you’re eligible for at least $250 off the no-term device price. That’s an iPhone 4 16GB/32GB for $399/$499 on a new 3-year voice and data plan.

Did you activate or upgrade your Rogers iPhone on a term contract on or before December 31, 2008?
Thank you for your business. You’re eligible for at least $480 off the no-term device price. You can pick up an iPhone 4 16GB/32GB for $159/$269 on a new 3-year voice and data plan.

Did you activate or upgrade the original iPhone 3G in 2008 and then upgrade again between June 19 and September 15, 2009?
You’re also eligible for at least $480 off the no-term device price. You can pick up an iPhone 4 16GB/32GB for $159/$269 on a new 3-year voice and data plan.

not too shabby.

I like that they brought the 6GB for $30 per month plan back, then again Bell forced their hand in that.

Good luck finding one tomorrow, and congrats to those that do.

Share with your family
Now that you’ve upgraded to iPhone 4, what do you do with your 3GS? Pass it on through our Family Share Plans and share minutes, messaging and data. Starting August 4, add additional voice and data lines for just $25 per month (plus Government Regulatory Recovery Fee) on a three-year term for up to five people!

Jeffrey99
Jul. 29th, '10, 8:19 pm
You can pick up an iPhone 4 16GB/32GB for $159/$269 on a new 3-year voice and data plan..

Are all Canadian contracts 3 years? If so damn, I thought 2 was pretty horrible.

Phoenix 2.0
Jul. 29th, '10, 8:29 pm
Are all Canadian contracts 3 years? If so damn, I thought 2 was pretty horrible.

I wouldn't say terrible since the service is steady, if it was like AT&T and calls dropped more frequently then yeah I would say it's terrible. I know of 3 occasions I have had dropped calls in the last 7 years and all 3 times pre date my iPhone purchase, Rogers has made huge upgrades to the service where I live/commute/work and beyond.

I have been with Rogers for 7 years and upgraded my phones every couple years without issues, I am not sure what the early buyout would cost but I am thinking it is around $200.00. I have never checked because overall I am pleased with the service.

I don't mind being on a 3 year term at all and I don't even think about it to be honest, sign me up and away we go.

Jeffrey99
Jul. 29th, '10, 9:40 pm
I wouldn't say terrible since the service is steady, if it was like AT&T and calls dropped more frequently then yeah I would say it's terrible. I know of 3 occasions I have had dropped calls in the last 7 years and all 3 times pre date my iPhone purchase, Rogers has made huge upgrades to the service where I live/commute/work and beyond.

I have been with Rogers for 7 years and upgraded my phones every couple years without issues, I am not sure what the early buyout would cost but I am thinking it is around $200.00. I have never checked because overall I am pleased with the service.

I don't mind being on a 3 year term at all and I don't even think about it to be honest, sign me up and away we go.

I must be in the minority, I've never really had problems with AT&T. Up until recently I lived in a pretty small town and didn't even have many problems, there were spots were both verizon and AT&T had reception problems but nothing big. Guess I just hate being stuck in a contract for 2+ years. Lol

Danzerino
Jul. 29th, '10, 11:06 pm
So wanna get one tomorrow :( but good luck to everyone who is hunting one it will be hard

Vega
Jul. 30th, '10, 8:23 am
This guy loves his iPhone 4.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/46/72172932710704935777054.jpg

silentmiller
Jul. 30th, '10, 2:38 pm
so does this crab.

Vega
Jul. 30th, '10, 3:10 pm
Quick fix:

http://zedomax.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/iphone4-fix.jpg

Krimsonfire
Jul. 30th, '10, 7:11 pm
i knew vega was going to post something about this today lol

BoozersOnline
Jul. 30th, '10, 9:08 pm
Rogers sucks they can suck It 5 hr 30 min in line bunch of crap.

Danzerino
Jul. 31st, '10, 12:39 am
So who got one? Went to a apple store just to try go try out the new iPhone but you had to wait in line......

BoozersOnline
Jul. 31st, '10, 12:41 am
So who got one? Went to a apple store just to try go try out the new iPhone but you had to wait in line......

I did I got 16 GB but I'll probably get 32 GB

BoozersOnline
Jul. 31st, '10, 2:26 am
This guy loves his iPhone 4.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/46/72172932710704935777054.jpg

Thats pretty damn funny but want to let you know Vega no problems for me, a little bit here

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/iphone-rogers/iphone-4-antenna-not-an-issue-in-canada/

Im just sayin' Vega cheers bud

Phoenix 2.0
Jul. 31st, '10, 6:48 am
have you been able to replicate the signal drop issue Ross?

I have heard from a couple of my friends that got one yesterday that they see no drop in signal strength at all.

That was the first thing they tried when they got it up and running, one of my buddies did it right in an Apple store and was amazed that NOTHING happened.

Congrats on getting one, I have to wait a bit longer... sadly.

Danzerino
Jul. 31st, '10, 10:00 am
Rob here is a video about the Antenna problem in Canada YouTube- Apple iPhone 4 Reception - Canada

Phoenix 2.0
Jul. 31st, '10, 10:09 am
I would like to see someone post a video on the Rogers network, the above video was from an iPhone on the Bell network.

The article that is posted on iphoneincanada is on the Rogers network as well, so maybe it is a carrier issue afterall?

thanks for posting the video :thumbup:

Danzerino
Jul. 31st, '10, 10:38 am
I would like to see someone post a video on the Rogers network, the above video was from an iPhone on the Bell network.

The article that is posted on iphoneincanada is on the Rogers network as well, so maybe it is a carrier issue afterall?

thanks for posting the video :thumbup:

Ya I also am with Rogers and also want to see if it is a carrier issue.

Vega
Jul. 31st, '10, 11:05 am
I didn't realize that this was even a question. Steve Jobs says there is an antenna problem... there's an antenna problem and it's due to the physics of having the antenna on the outside of the phone, has absolutely nothing to do with the carrier.

Just get a little bumper thing, or case that covers the phone and you're good to go, but I'm not sure why so many people are defending this thing like it was an excellent design choice.

I love Apple... I have an iPhone and I'm typing this on my Mac, but like any human being on Earth, they can make mistakes... as a matter of fact, they can make mistakes and I'll STILL love them.

I mean the Xbox 360 has several problems and we all love it, and Apple is no different.

Phoenix 2.0
Jul. 31st, '10, 11:17 am
I didn't realize that this was even a question. Steve Jobs says there is an antenna problem... there's an antenna problem and it's due to the physics of having the antenna on the outside of the phone, has absolutely nothing to do with the carrier.

Just get a little bumper thing, or case that covers the phone and you're good to go, but I'm not sure why so many people are defending this thing like it was an excellent design choice.

I love Apple... I have an iPhone and I'm typing this on my Mac, but like any human being on Earth, they can make mistakes... as a matter of fact, they can make mistakes and I'll STILL love them.

I mean the Xbox 360 has several problems and we all love it, and Apple is no different.

Boozers and I are just playing with you Vince :agree:

of course it is a design issue and it has been addressed, we all know Steve Jobs owned up to it and we are all moving on.

I am all in when it comes to Apple, I am not defending it at all just trying to bust chops lol

I am not blinded in any way shape or form, I research the stupidist things before I pull the trigger on any purchase. The reception issue could have been a deal killer for me regarding picking up an iPhone 4, but with Steve's explanation and free bumpers I am satisfied and will get one.... when I can.

BoozersOnline
Jul. 31st, '10, 11:43 am
The thing thats absolute bullshit and If It does from come Apple or Rogers its pure crap, but yesterday because they have a Canada wide launch Rogers payment and activition system crashed (not expecting the high demand, I mean really? really? you didnt expect It hmmmm) so as a result It was basicly an hour per person sometimes longer sometimes less and I was 11th in line. It took me well over 5 hours, there may have been 25 people in total in line but the worst thing is Rogers workers refused to let us know how many they have in stock only stay later after hour 3 It "looks" like everyone should be able to get an iPhone cant say for sure I sure hope everyone did, I cant figure out for the life why you say jack all when these people have been there for hours.

I find out later another Rogers dealers no doubt made It clear that they had only 10 or so to let people know. There are some god awful customer service these days large ass companies

Phoenix 2.0
Jul. 31st, '10, 11:49 am
I got off work yesterday morning at 0700, I was debating whether or not to go hang out at the closest Rogers store. I am glad I didn't go because I would have lost my mind if they could not give me an answer to a simple question like "how many do you have" as fatigue is a wild beast to contain at times.

I will patiently wait for the next batch

Danzerino
Jul. 31st, '10, 11:54 am
Rob looks like Rogers does not have the Signal problems you are maybe right

YouTube- IPhone 4 reception grip test #1 - Death Grip

Phoenix 2.0
Jul. 31st, '10, 12:00 pm
that is odd.

It is a known issue, my comment about Rogers Vs AT&T network was more of a joke but this video is odd.

The other video posted showed a quick signal degradation on the Bell network, this video on the Rogers network shows no drop at all.

The odd thing is that he said he tried it in his car and saw the bars go down... odd.

Vega
Jul. 31st, '10, 2:36 pm
Yea, it was a deal killer for me, but only because I've never had a case for my phone and I didn't want to be forced to have one. I'm kinda in love with my fanny pack holster. Word is they've delayed release of the white one in hopes of a fix, so I'm crossing my fingers for that or I'll have this damn 3G another year.

Phoenix 2.0
Jul. 31st, '10, 4:17 pm
Yea, it was a deal killer for me, but only because I've never had a case for my phone and I didn't want to be forced to have one. I'm kinda in love with my fanny pack holster. Word is they've delayed release of the white one in hopes of a fix, so I'm crossing my fingers for that or I'll have this damn 3G another year.

Light Leak is the reason for the delay on white:
http://www.technewsdaily.com/light-leak-causing-white-iphone-4-delays-0936/

I have been unable to find a case that works, they are either too bulky or too bright or stupid looking.

I just want something that is minimal in size and does not interfere with the function, I will give the Bumper a try and see how it goes

Danzerino
Aug. 1st, '10, 11:32 am
Looks like it is a iPhone problem and not a carrier problem

YouTube- IPhone 4 reception test #2 - Death Grip - CANADA

Phoenix 2.0
Aug. 1st, '10, 1:37 pm
so Steve Jobs was right afterall ;)

BoozersOnline
Aug. 1st, '10, 5:42 pm
I said screw you to Rogers and hello to Telus yesterday my contract runs out in 16 months its not terrible in that sense I keep til runs out. The Rogers dealer I delt with was so freaking incompetent and full of shit flat out telling the Apple Store only sells unlocked phones not contracted phones which I got a 32 yesterday at the apple store. At the end you read stuff Rogers always has problems and I cant wait to get them out there like a bad rash, and I also get way better network speeds where Im at compared to Rogers

Krimsonfire
Aug. 1st, '10, 5:44 pm
Rogers/Fido in ontario is WAY better than telus, i guess it depends where you are in the country as to which provider is the best...

pixel_archived
Sep. 23rd, '10, 10:24 pm
Apple and iPhone can kiss my ass. I went to buy one today and they are STILL unavailable here. Futureshop has 100 people on the waiting list and they get around 2 new iPhones at a time. Went to a bunch of other stores and they haven't even had a single iPhone come in since the 4G was released.

How these companies can stay open with that kind of piss poor asset management is beyond me. I am extremely close to getting a Blackberry instead. Absolutely ridiculous.

Phoenix 2.0
Sep. 24th, '10, 3:35 pm

good news is your not alone...

they are trying to make as many as they can, sadly people keep buying the damn thing.

asking the obvious but have you gone into a Bell/Rogers outlet yet?

pixel_archived
Sep. 24th, '10, 4:28 pm

good news is your not alone...

they are trying to make as many as they can, sadly people keep buying the damn thing.

asking the obvious but have you gone into a Bell/Rogers outlet yet?

Yeah, the Rogers store got 1 phone for demo purposes and that is it. They haven't even seen another one in months. I don't mind waiting a week or two but it pisses me off that NOBODY knows anything about when more will come in or how long it will take. You get thrown onto a list of names that is 5 pages long and are expected to drop everything the moment they phone you to go and pick it up.

Danzerino
Sep. 24th, '10, 7:15 pm
Ya Pixel I also tried getting one but sold out every time I ask or go to a Rogers store I have no more patience.

pixel_archived
Sep. 24th, '10, 9:26 pm
Ya Pixel I also tried getting one but sold out every time I ask or go to a Rogers store I have no more patience.

Yeah, it is almost to the point where you feel stupid even asking because they are so limited that the clerk will just laugh at the idea that they might have one.

What also makes it so frustrating is I don't live in a mega city but in one that only has 80,000 or so people in it. When you hear that it isn't even remotely available in Toronto and Vancouver, you know you are completely fucked in the smaller centers.

I really don't want a Blackberry but at the same time, I am not going to go without a cellphone for the entire winter. I have to drive a fairly unreliable car to work and back and don't feel like being stranded on the side of the highway without any way of calling for assistance. Unless of course, I want to blow $100 on a pay and talk phone while I wait for my chance to get an iPhone.

Danzerino
Sep. 24th, '10, 11:47 pm
Ya I live in a big city so it is harder for me to get one weird that it is that hard for you to get one. Maybe if you try ordering it online you will have a better chance.