PDA

View Full Version : Split Second

BleedBlueBlood
Aug. 28th, '09, 12:31 am
I was watching a preview on XBL tonight and came across this. At first I was like, a racing game from Disney, yeah right.....but man, after watching the preview, this looks like loads of fun.

Too bad it's not coming out until March 2010.

IGN Video: Split/Second Xbox 360 Trailer - E3 2009: Intense Race [email protected]@[email protected]@object_ID=14323202&downloadURL=http://xbox360movies.ign.com/xbox360/video/article/991/991779/split_second_trl_e32009trailer_60409_flvlowwide.fl v&[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@xb [email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@991/[email protected]@[email protected]@split_second_trl_e32009trailer_6 0409_flvlowwide

Decade
Aug. 28th, '09, 1:56 pm
I heard about this on Gametrailers a little while ago, it looks good! I know that Disney can do a good job because I played Pure when they put it out (a freestlye ATV racing game) and I loved it. I just hope that the destructible environments are more random and look better than the ones they had in NFS Most Wanted and Carbon etc.

WickidKlown
Aug. 28th, '09, 2:23 pm
That looks sick. Looks like your able to change the track on the fly. Should be interesting.

jujimum
Aug. 28th, '09, 2:38 pm
I just hope that the destructible environments are more random and look better than the ones they had in NFS Most Wanted and Carbon etc.

Before posting I wanted to find the article I read since I'm not sure if it was this game or not. If it is this game, the destruction is triggered by the racers. You "earn" so much for an environment thing.

I just never can get into the super fast racers. I've said it a million times before that I like racers where you win by taking a good line (how you go into and come out of a curve). When I want a less sim racer, I prefer games like Pure (which was fun but I didn't put a whole lot of time into it).

BleedBlueBlood
Aug. 28th, '09, 2:41 pm
Before posting I wanted to find the article I read since I'm not sure if it was this game or not. If it is this game, the destruction is triggered by the racers. You "earn" so much for an environment thing.

You are correct :thumbup:

BleedBlueBlood
Aug. 28th, '09, 2:44 pm

I just never can get into the super fast racers. I've said it a million times before that I like racers where you win by taking a good line (how you go into and come out of a curve). When I want a less sim racer, I prefer games like Pure (which was fun but I didn't put a whole lot of time into it).

Have you played the demo for Dirt 2? Now that game is going to be wicked (if you like rally racing) :)

WickidKlown
Aug. 28th, '09, 2:57 pm
Have you played the demo for Dirt 2? Now that game is going to be wicked (if you like rally racing) :)

Dirt was a blast. Dirt 2 is gonna blow it away. I cant wait for it. That game really makes you take a good line for a good time and the win. Its about speed and skill.

I cant wait.

jujimum
Aug. 28th, '09, 3:27 pm

I have DiRT but didn't get into it. When it came out there were other games taking my time. I loaned it to my brother and thought I'd play it when I get it back. But now football and hockey are coming out so it might not be for a while.

Sadly, there hasn't been a Rally game come even close to the enjoyment I had with Rallisport back in the day (good ol' XSN leaderboard :showoff: ). But my brother isn't a big fan of "real" racing and yet he did get addicted to DiRT.

DiRT's biggest flaw was not having online...or a decent online experience.

BleedBlueBlood
Aug. 28th, '09, 4:42 pm
I had Dirt but traded it in mainly because of no online play. But that's why Dirt 2 is going to kick butt....online this time....and I haven't played that part yet, but I believe the demo has online play.....I'll check for sure tonight.

Oh man, I agree. Rallisport with the XSN leaderboard/website was the SHIT!