PDA

View Full Version : Idea For New Controller

Kiddstyle
Apr. 3rd, '09, 9:09 pm
I would like to see NHL 2k10 come with a new controller. Maybe have four analog sticks to get true skating.

Two sticks would be near the bottom of the controller. These would be for you left and right leg. You would have to pump them in an up and down motion to skate. The faster the motion, the faster you skate.

Another stick could be up high and one would be down low. This is your stick. One stick to move the top of the shaft, the other to angle your shot. Think of all the moves you could do with these! I think I'm on to something here.

Here is the first draft, It's a little rough but my Photoshop skills are low

http://img523.imageshack.us/my.php?image=controller.png

canucksss
Apr. 3rd, '09, 10:38 pm
gosh how many thumbs u got???? :P seriously that would be very difficult and only high skilled gamer (quick with his thumbs) can play with that controller.

Jeffrey99
Apr. 4th, '09, 12:40 am
I have to agree. I'm barely able to play the game as it is now LOL. To be honest, I think if that control scheme was forced, it'd probably really kill sales. While it sounds interesting, I just really don't think it's feasible.

DrugMonkeyRX
Apr. 4th, '09, 9:28 am
Kidd, are you looking to put 2ksports out of business with this idea?...lol You are insane man. After one game you are going to need recontrustive surgery to repair both ligaments on your thumbs. LOL

darktrc
Apr. 4th, '09, 10:26 am
Kidd, are you looking to put 2ksports out of business with this idea?...lol You are insane man. After one game you are going to need recontrustive surgery to repair both ligaments on your thumbs. LOL

Ditto haha:thumbups:

Phoenix 2.0
Apr. 4th, '09, 11:12 am
been thinking about this, it could easily be done...

instead of a second set of thumbsticks macro the triggers or bumpers to activate body or stick upper or lower, I don't know if that makes sense or not. I only have 2 thumbs and sat with my controller and played "what if" based on the scheme you created in photoshop, it would be almost impossible to do play let alone master the proposed control scheme.

to be honest I thought this was an April Fools joke then looked at the date of the post., kudos for thinking outside the box though 2K needs all the "new" ideas they can get. I can't imagine Take Two would get into hardware development anyway, they need to get back to the drawing board on the software side of things 1st.

DrugMonkeyRX
Apr. 4th, '09, 12:23 pm
been thinking about this, it could easily be done...

instead of a second set of thumbsticks macro the triggers or bumpers to activate body or stick upper or lower, I don't know if that makes sense or not. I only have 2 thumbs and sat with my controller and played "what if" based on the scheme you created in photoshop, it would be almost impossible to do play let alone master the proposed control scheme.

to be honest I thought this was an April Fools joke then looked at the date of the post., kudos for thinking outside the box though 2K needs all the "new" ideas they can get. I can't imagine Take Two would get into hardware development anyway, they need to get back to the drawing board on the software side of things 1st.

Listen, i dont wanna macro anything...lol Please for the love of god leave the game the way it is..lol All they need to do is fix the dressing room search and add a few things here and there. The controls are perfect the way they are. If you guys wanna mash buttons i suggest you buy a track and field game that will keep your fingers busy for hours...ROFL

OldTimeHockey
Apr. 4th, '09, 1:36 pm
Loved the copyright logo on the pic.

Jeffrey99
Apr. 4th, '09, 1:50 pm
Listen, i dont wanna macro anything...lol Please for the love of god leave the game the way it is..lol All they need to do is fix the dressing room search and add a few things here and there. The controls are perfect the way they are. If you guys wanna mash buttons i suggest you buy a track and field game that will keep your fingers busy for hours...ROFL
This is in the 2k forum, not the EA forum. So it has nothing to do with NHL 09, 10, etc.

I can see it already now, places like IGN will bitch because now it's too hard. They are the same people who dogged The Show because it didn't have a fancy analog stick swing. Guess that new controller would be one way to shut em up.

I just really don't think it's feasible in 2k sense. If either company done it, I think it'd make more sense for EA to do it. However I really don't think any company will spend the R&D time to make it work to only sell the small number that I'm guessing would be sold.

In today's economic times, I think people are having hard time spending $60 alone for a game. If you add in a new controller, that I'm guessing would be atleast $40, that's $100 for 1 game alone before you can even come home and play it.

DrugMonkeyRX
Apr. 4th, '09, 2:09 pm
My bad jeff, i didnt reliaze it was the 2k forum but i should of known since Kiddstyle created this thread...lol

Regardless what game it is though Manual skating would be BRUTAL.

Kiddstyle
Apr. 4th, '09, 3:10 pm
Loved the copyright logo on the pic.

I've gotta keep it legit

Kiddstyle
Apr. 6th, '09, 2:13 pm
So you guys are saying I should blank out the buttons and add in more sticks for the next version?

Kiddstyle
Apr. 6th, '09, 2:27 pm
Hmm, I can see how this would be complicated after trying it on a version I drew on a piece of paper. I have a hard time trying to keep my thumbs in synch. Maybe it would be a true coop joystick. Have a friend come over and they can skate while you stick handle.

DrugMonkeyRX
Apr. 6th, '09, 2:39 pm
Hmm, I can see how this would be complicated after trying it on a version I drew on a piece of paper. I have a hard time trying to keep my thumbs in synch. Maybe it would be a true coop joystick. Have a friend come over and they can skate while you stick handle.

Thats hilarious, i def dont wanna be the guy skating..lol I can picture the guy stick handling yelling at the skating guy that he needs more speed.

canucksss
Apr. 6th, '09, 2:49 pm
Thats hilarious, i def dont wanna be the guy skating..lol I can picture the guy stick handling yelling at the skating guy that he needs more speed.

hahahah .......... that would be so funny.

Kiddstyle
Apr. 6th, '09, 2:53 pm
Well, I've been walking around all day and showing people using an "air controller" but most of them look at me with confusion and wonder who I even am. Maybe Rock Band pedal will work. I will get back to the drawing board.