PDA

View Full Version : Ride to Hell

jujimum
Feb. 15th, '09, 10:05 pm
So this game is looking interesting to me. I'm definitely thinking that Gandalf will be getting it :thumbups:

Briefly:

Sandbox style, open world game (single load)

set in the 1960's/1970's (I've seen different reports)

300 licensed songs from that period

100+ missions (planned)

Basically you're a guy returning from the Vietnam War and obviously things have changed. You join a biker gang called "Devil's Hand". OXM says your bike "is what your pooch was in Fable II". Your bike is always yours and can never be destroyed. You can customize everything from the frame to the turning signals. Besides aesthetics, there are performance benefits as well. You actually have a garage to customize and they say you'll spend a lot of time there.

Guns aren't the main focus for combat. It's more about melee. Guns are in the game but come LATE in the game and are "in short supply".

Deep Silver (formerly known as Rockstar Vienna) is the Publisher/Developer and they plan on including "Road Rash-styled on bike combat".

Both Playstaion magazine and OXM refer to it as more Easy Rider than GTA's Goodfellas.

Anyway, just putting it on everyone's radar. You know if it's sandbox and open-world, I'm there :showoff:

Here's a teaser, but it's not much at all:

Gametrailers.com - Ride to Hell - Teaser

nosice
Feb. 15th, '09, 10:28 pm
Definitely interesting.. especially if it has a great story.. hmm.. good find.. never would have rented it ..

BONGKARMA
Feb. 15th, '09, 10:32 pm
Hell ya Easyrider meets the wild one - i like it
Born to be wild - the opening music is cool also, nice old school slide guitar sounds like muddy waters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCENBce_dls

bones56
Feb. 16th, '09, 10:24 am
yeah it does seem interesting as a video game.. hmm, i will have to check it out!!

Phoenix 2.0
Feb. 17th, '09, 8:35 pm
Hippie smashing? I am in.

This game looks interesting, can't wait to read more about it....

jujimum
May. 23rd, '13, 12:50 pm
Remember this?

Well, it's back and coming out the end of June. It's been slightly changed though. I completely forgot about this until I saw it pop up in the recent OXM. Not surprised I forgot considering my post above was posted February 15th, 2009.

It's now called "Ride to Hell: Retribution"

No longer are you a Vietnam P.O.W. but instead you're a "revenge-minded ex-military tough guy"

It's now one "part of a trilogy of titles under the Ride to Hell brand". The other two being an arcade-y XBLA game called "Ride to Hell: Route 666" and a touchscreen spin-off called "Beatdown").

Anyway, I have less hope for this unless some of the original stuff hasn't changed. Not nearly as excited as before though. It's been too quiet for too long.

OSB
May. 23rd, '13, 2:14 pm
I thought you were posting your road trip pictures... :razz:

MGM
May. 23rd, '13, 2:23 pm

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Nico 916 Suave
May. 23rd, '13, 2:43 pm
Me too :rofl:

I'm always one to give open-world/Sandbox games a try though. In fact if you guys know of any, I'd really appreciate it if you could share!! I know there's quite a few MMORPG guys here... If its sandbox styled I'm in :thumbsup:

BleedBlueBlood
May. 23rd, '13, 2:58 pm
Ride To Hell Retribution CGI Trailer [Europe] - English - YouTube

Ride To Hell: Retribution -- No Rules Trailer - YouTube

YEAH! I'm getting this for sure.

http://www.ridetohell.com/

bones56
May. 26th, '13, 12:42 pm
Comes out in June, it was actually cancelled at one point. This thread is 4 years old!!

DrugMonkeyRX
May. 26th, '13, 12:44 pm

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Me too :rofl:

I'm always one to give open-world/Sandbox games a try though. In fact if you guys know of any, I'd really appreciate it if you could share!! I know there's quite a few MMORPG guys here... If its sandbox styled I'm in :thumbsup:

:rofl: add me to the list

jujimum
May. 26th, '13, 1:53 pm
Comes out in June, it was actually cancelled at one point. This thread is 4 years old!!

Remember this?

Well, it's back and coming out the end of June. It's been slightly changed though. I completely forgot about this until I saw it pop up in the recent OXM. Not surprised I forgot considering my post above was posted February 15th, 2009.

It's now called "Ride to Hell: Retribution"

:innocent:

bones56
May. 26th, '13, 2:03 pm
lol on tapatalk its always difficult for me to pick up some of these things!! lol Actually the 1st post i remember seeing is BBB.

BleedBlueBlood
Jun. 26th, '13, 4:22 pm
I was so close to going out yesterday to pick this up since it was just released. Glad I held off and waited to see reviews and game play on youtube.. It was reviewed here and called "Road Trash" :rofl: Oh well......it was given a 1 out of 10.

http://www.destructoid.com/review-ride-to-hell-retribution-257053.phtml

jujimum
Jun. 26th, '13, 4:43 pm
Not surprising, but unfortunate. The (original) premise was very interesting. Then it was put on the back burner, the story changed, and even some more details were changed. It wasn't really an "open world" like they originally claimed.

Unfortunately, Deep Silver has had some good/great games but others have fallen short.

Oh well :( Considering it's been years in the making and cancelled at one point, I wasn't expecting much. I was hoping though.

Thanks for the post. I'm not looking for new games right now but if it was good, I would've jumped on it.

Jordan9289
Jun. 26th, '13, 5:37 pm
I was looking forward to this to, thank Scott for saving me 60$