PDA

View Full Version : Forza Horizon

jujimum
Aug. 7th, '12, 1:07 am
I haven't played the last two Forza Motorsports but Forza Horizon is intriguing. Unfortunately it's coming out at a bad time.

But what's going to be fun about this game is it's an open world racing game. For those that know me, here's what sold the game:

That's still only a fraction of what you'll find in the wilderness, and Fulton is eager to populate Colorado with a variety of activities to discover, "We've just chucked lots of stuff into the world, so if you go out and explore you're going to find it," he elaborates. "there are some significant rewards for the player who says, "What's in that bar?"

Yeah, I'm one of those types of players for sure.

The game isn't developed by Turn 10 but rather a smaller "Playground Games". Turn 10 provided the license to Playground Games for the open-world spinoff.

Last known release date was October 26th. I haven't looked it up to see if that's changed.

Nexus510
Aug. 7th, '12, 1:28 am
Need for Speed: Most Wanted is suppose to be the same kind of deal. It's a mix between Burnout and the original Need for Speed: Most Wanted

jujimum
Aug. 7th, '12, 1:45 am
Need for Speed: Most Wanted is suppose to be the same kind of deal. It's a mix between Burnout and the original Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Yeah, unfortunately Forza won't have drop-in multiplayer or whatever it's called. I think the NFS games do. I've never been a fan of those though. I've always liked the Forza games. I did play one NFS game and it was interesting but got really boring after a while (and hard). So I do have concerns that this game will too.

However, this one has exploring to do where as the NFS game was just driving around trying not to get caught by the police :rofl: I hated trying to just cruise around and do events only to have 5 wanted stars and having to work your ass off to get rid of them.

We'll see, I can see where this Forza game might not be interesting due to the lack of police chases, jumps, etc. I just like the real feel of Forza racing. And HOPEFULLY the car painting will be fully featured in this game.

nosice
Aug. 7th, '12, 8:33 am
That's interesting... The Original NFS Most wanted was one of my favorite games especially of the NFS series... If most wanted chimes in on the same level.. I'll be getting it...

I need to read up on Forza Horizon.. Sounds different but just driving around with no story seems pointless to me.. This is the first time Ive heard of it.. Will now go and see what its about..

jujimum
Aug. 7th, '12, 11:50 am
I need to read up on Forza Horizon.. Sounds different but just driving around with no story seems pointless to me.. This is the first time Ive heard of it.. Will now go and see what its about..

Well, there is a career mode of course and driving around from race to race just like NFS: Most Wanted. I can't remember if there was a "story" per se. But I can say that it's Forza with the only difference is you drive to different events (it sounds like).

How many times have you just wanted to take one of those cars and drive? I know I have.

It says it in the quote above, but I wanted to mention it's set in Colorado for different terrains/views.

Nexus510
Aug. 7th, '12, 11:57 am
Yeah, unfortunately Forza won't have drop-in multiplayer or whatever it's called. I think the NFS games do. I've never been a fan of those though. I've always liked the Forza games. I did play one NFS game and it was interesting but got really boring after a while (and hard). So I do have concerns that this game will too.

However, this one has exploring to do where as the NFS game was just driving around trying not to get caught by the police :rofl: I hated trying to just cruise around and do events only to have 5 wanted stars and having to work your ass off to get rid of them.

We'll see, I can see where this Forza game might not be interesting due to the lack of police chases, jumps, etc. I just like the real feel of Forza racing. And HOPEFULLY the car painting will be fully featured in this game.

The new NFS has exploring to do as well. Yeah the police will be out for you, but all cars and collectibles are hidden around the open world map, so there is no more waiting to unlock the vehicle you want to drive. You just need to find where it is hidden in the map.

jujimum
Aug. 7th, '12, 12:01 pm
The new NFS has exploring to do as well. Yeah the police will be out for you, but all cars and collectibles are hidden around the open world map, so there is no more waiting to unlock the vehicle you want to drive. You just need to find where it is hidden in the map.

Nice. I might actually check that out too. I love the games, and I've said it a bunch, where I can just stream my music through the XBox and get lost in the game. Both of these will do that :D

deadhead 10
Nov. 1st, '12, 1:03 pm
I picked up forza herizon it's everything I wanted out of a forza game minus the tuning. the online multiplayer racing is fun!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

jujimum
Nov. 1st, '12, 6:51 pm
Since I skipped a few other games, I might think about this one again. Not sure.

XBoxJon
Nov. 1st, '12, 7:12 pm
Played the demo, seemed more like NFS but without the cop cars (which is the only NFS I liked anyway). I enjoyed the Forza series for it's realistic sim racing, actual race tracks, and race cars (in addition to the cool exotics).

I'll get my racing fix with NFS Most Wanted instead.

BleedBlueBlood
Nov. 1st, '12, 7:50 pm
That NFS Most Wanted looks good. They (gametrailers) compared it to Burnout (open world racing) which I enjoyed VERY much. One of the few games I've traded in because it had good value (and at the time I didn't have time to play it). Then I regretted afterwards when I did have the time to game again.

If I don't get NFSMW soon, I'll definitely get it for Christmas.

jujimum
Nov. 1st, '12, 7:50 pm
Just glanced at the review in OXM and it got a 9.0. I'll probably definitely get it. I don't play it for the multiplayer anymore anyway.

NFS got an 8.5. So it's basically the same. I just got bored with those games too fast. I have been getting bored with the Forza series as well though.

This open world exploring in Forza appeals to me because I need a game I can just play and not think.

deadhead 10
Nov. 1st, '12, 9:05 pm
they finally put dirt road racing in Forza which is fantastic. it's a little cartoonish but the open road atmosphere really makes up for it. there's 216 roads to drive on and you're driving through the Colorado mountain scene

BleedBlueBlood
Nov. 2nd, '12, 2:08 pm
Just glanced at the review in OXM and it got a 9.0. I'll probably definitely get it. I don't play it for the multiplayer anymore anyway.

NFS got an 8.5. So it's basically the same. I just got bored with those games too fast. I have been getting bored with the Forza series as well though.

This open world exploring in Forza appeals to me because I need a game I can just play and not think.

NFS is open world.... and you have to think less too :rofl: I'm picking this up over the weekend.

http://www.needforspeed.com/most-wanted#

Time to break out my steering wheel, shifter and pedals again :)

jujimum
Nov. 2nd, '12, 2:13 pm
NFS is open world.... and you have to think less too :rofl: I'm picking this up over the weekend.

http://www.needforspeed.com/most-wanted#

Time to break out my steering wheel, shifter and pedals again :)

Yeah, but if I'm remember the game right, it's too "fast". Not only arcadey but just not as fun because you can get by with mistakes. I've always like the Forza games because you don't have to be the fastest to win a race. If you run a clean race, you can eventually win.

I won the Forza GUG league one season and it was just by either getting ahead early and running a clean race, or just sitting back and letting everyone else push their self too hard. It wasn't because I had the best tuner or anything, I just ran clean lines.

Everything I read is that Forza is just awesome looking and considering I've loved how the cars handle since the very beginning, I'm more interested in it.

Having said that, someone did post some info on NFS and I was interested, I'm just not sure the turbo boosting will hold my interest :rofl: I am glad to read they removed the cops though. ABSOLUTELY HATED that part. *Nevermind, I misread XBoxJon's post. They still have cops. :wall:

Nexus510
Nov. 2nd, '12, 2:29 pm
Having said that, someone did post some info on NFS and I was interested, I'm just not sure the turbo boosting will hold my interest :rofl: I am glad to read they removed the cops though. ABSOLUTELY HATED that part. *Nevermind, I misread XBoxJon's post. They still have cops. :wall:

Really? The police chases were probably my favorite part of the game haha. I haven't really played a need for speed since Carbon and I still believe that Underground 2 was the best of the series, especially customization-wise. This new Most Wanted looks really good and I will probably wait until its on sale around Christmas to invest in it. Halo 4 and War Z will just take up too much of my time til then :thumbsup:

jujimum
Nov. 2nd, '12, 2:32 pm
I'm absolutely confused. I have a Need For Speed: Most Wanted game. I played it a lot but it wasn't my cup of tea. I liked the free-roaming I just hated trying to actually play the game and you end up in a 6-star police chase for 45 minutes :wall:

But anyway, I'm just confused because I just looked and it was NFS: Most Wanted that I played :what:

*EDIT* Nevermind:

It's a reimagination. Criterion wanted to take their (and the fans!) favorite game and focus on the premise of "being Most Wanted" with an emphasis on beating your friends.

BleedBlueBlood
Nov. 2nd, '12, 2:57 pm
I believe they're using the same name, but this game just came out a few days ago. I have the first one still but to be honest, it wasn't that great. This is supposed to be much better.

I'm surprised Rob hasn't chimed in. He loved Burnout (as did Xeno) so they should love this game too. I hope Rob picks it up then we can play like to old days of Burnout.

BleedBlueBlood
Nov. 3rd, '12, 3:54 pm
Picked up the NFS today. Can't wait to play it tonight!

I got to see how this works with Kinect......but most likely I'll still use my steering wheel, shifter, pedals kit.

pixel_archived
Nov. 5th, '12, 3:36 pm
I bought this game yesterday and love it. Although I am a huge Forza fan-boy so my opinion is probably tainted.

For those of you who rent, this game does NOT need a code to play online.

I will be posting my paint jobs as I create them... spend more time doing that then driving. :razz:

BleedBlueBlood
Nov. 5th, '12, 3:54 pm
spend more time doing that then driving. :razz:

And that's just the reason I lost interest in Forza :rofl: Too much work.....I don't know why they don't have a website editor for customization (so you can do it on your laptop/desktop) then download it to your console. Doing it in the console is such a pain in the ass.

jujimum
Nov. 5th, '12, 4:35 pm
I bought this game yesterday and love it. Although I am a huge Forza fan-boy so my opinion is probably tainted.

For those of you who rent, this game does NOT need a code to play online.

I will be posting my paint jobs as I create them... spend more time doing that then driving. :razz:

Grrrr, you're going to tempt me.

And that's just the reason I lost interest in Forza :rofl: Too much work.....I don't know why they don't have a website editor for customization (so you can do it on your laptop/desktop) then download it to your console. Doing it in the console is such a pain in the ass.

Because you can GUARANTEE that someone made it using the same tools that everyone has. I might be talking out of my ass but I'm guessing if it was on a computer someone could write a script or something. I love the fact that you have to use a controller and it puts everyone on the same playing field.

You don't have to have a cool paint job to enjoy the game. I spent more time making cars because I enjoyed it and have no life. Of course, that was before games like NHL where I had to build a player :rofl:

OSB
Jan. 11th, '13, 2:18 pm
I'm getting closer to completing/finishing this game, or at least so I think in terms of progression. There are still some other things I'd like to ensure I complete so I imagine I'll be playing this for a while longer. Hell, I haven't even tried the online component of this game yet. I must say that this has been one of the most fun games I've played in a very long time. The slight lean toward arcade-style driving hasn't been a turn off, and the game play has been downright ridiculously fun. I've probably spent several hours just tooling around the map driving like a complete hooligan in the RS4 I built. The only thing I could do without is the constant prodding/advertising for the Rally pack during load screens. Fantastic game, if they make another I'll ante up once more.

TSnake57
Jan. 11th, '13, 2:47 pm
The multi is a lot of fun... Spec and I play it fairly often. The Playground modes are a lot of fun. I'll hit you up next time we play.

jujimum
Jan. 11th, '13, 2:49 pm
I finally have an idea for a car (nothing great but it's for my niece and nephews) so I might actually paint something finally. I barely even touched that in the last game (barely touched the last game) and haven't done any with this game yet either. I needed an idea and now I have one.

OSB
Jan. 11th, '13, 2:57 pm
The multi is a lot of fun... Spec and I play it fairly often. The Playground modes are a lot of fun. I'll hit you up next time we play.

I look forward to it. I actually see your names on the "top speeds" list for the speed cameras. A few days ago I actually set out to try and get a #1 and ended up getting there by flying by a speed cam at 230 MPH (shortly before I obliterated the car in a horrifying crash). :rofl:

That was in the Nissan GTR, though I'm hoping for a higher speed from the McLaren I've been saving my pennies for. More than halfway there. :thumbsup:

pixel_archived
Jan. 12th, '13, 11:00 pm
I plan on getting the Rally pack for it too but I just have been so busy with other things I haven't had time to really play this or any of the new games I got (AC3, Forza4).

BONGKARMA
Jan. 13th, '13, 8:35 am
I plan on getting the Rally pack for it too but I just have been so busy with other things I haven't had time to really play this or any of the new games I got (AC3, Forza4).

I picked up the Rally pack awhile back. its alot of fun.

OSB
Jan. 18th, '13, 11:15 am
I "beat" the game last night, in the sense that I won the championship races and was shown the credits. Afterwards I just kept doing races since I've set a couple of goals for myself - I want to complete (and win) every available race, I want to drive on 100% of roads, I want to find every discount marker, and I want to do all the promo stuff at the outposts. I think I may even have a speed trap or two I've yet to buzz by. This game has been a lot of fun so far, and I may just pick up the Rally Pack, though probably not until I finish Far Cry 3.

pixel_archived
Jan. 18th, '13, 11:54 am
I "beat" the game last night, in the sense that I won the championship races and was shown the credits. Afterwards I just kept doing races since I've set a couple of goals for myself - I want to complete (and win) every available race, I want to drive on 100% of roads, I want to find every discount marker, and I want to do all the promo stuff at the outposts. I think I may even have a speed trap or two I've yet to buzz by. This game has been a lot of fun so far, and I may just pick up the Rally Pack, though probably not until I finish Far Cry 3.

Congrats, I have it almost 100%'d. I just have a few multiplayer stuff that needs to be done to finish it off but I also am going to get the rally pack.

I will definitely be jumping on this game more now that the XBSHL season is over for me. Looking forward to getting into Forza 4 that I got for Xmas as well.

OSB
Jan. 18th, '13, 12:23 pm
Thank you! :thumbsup:

I'm considering going for the 100%, as well as trying to get all the achievements. However to get all the achievements I'd have to buy the rally pack expansion, and I'd have to design a paint job that someone would actually be willing to purchase. :rofl:

I'll keep working on this game since Far Cry 3 hasn't arrived yet, and I'll see how far along I can get. I don't have too many races/events left so that goal should be reached fairly soon. I've really enjoyed playing this game, and continue to enjoy it; they definitely got a lot of things right in this game.

On a side note, I got my McLaren up to about 252 MPH last night. :noway:

TSnake57
Jan. 19th, '13, 8:17 am
I'm considering going for the 100%, as well as trying to get all the achievements. However to get all the achievements I'd have to buy the rally pack expansion, and I'd have to design a paint job that someone would actually be willing to purchase. :rofl:

Just make anything, throw it up there, and post here. I'll buy it so you can get the achievement. Of course, this means you'll have to buy whatever terrible paint job I put up there. :rofl:

OSB
Jan. 19th, '13, 12:07 pm
You, my good Sir, have a deal! :agree:

OSB
Jan. 19th, '13, 1:27 pm
I put up a design to the store front, under "horror" and "scary". It's a basic nameplate that has TSnake on it, yours for a paltry $1000, the minimum available. :agree:

TSnake57
Jan. 19th, '13, 6:20 pm
I put up a design to the store front, under "horror" and "scary". It's a basic nameplate that has TSnake on it, yours for a paltry $1000, the minimum available. :agree:

Purchased and reviewed. I'll let you know when I put something up. Probably tomorrow. :thumbup:

TSnake57
Jan. 19th, '13, 6:49 pm
Or right now.. I just uploaded you one. It's under vinyl groups, search "original" and "funny". It should be pretty obvious which one it is. ;)

Edit: changed the search parameters.

OSB
Jan. 20th, '13, 12:25 am
Thanks man, I'll go take a look here in a few minutes.

OSB
Jan. 20th, '13, 12:36 am
Wow. Only 535 designs to look through, and I didn't find it. What did you name it? :rofl:

OSB
Jan. 20th, '13, 12:38 am
Nevermind, search fail on my part. Found it, rated it, purchased it. Thanks again!

TSnake57
Jan. 20th, '13, 7:58 am
Thanks! So... how do I claim my 1000 credits and the achievement? I haven't gotten either as far as I can tell...

Unless you didn't buy mine... you do like pie, right? :rofl:

OSB
Jan. 20th, '13, 11:03 am
I bought it, and you should have a mail message in the game menu to claim your credits. I'll double check the purchase when I get on the 360 later. :agree:

HE HATE ME 77
Jan. 21st, '13, 2:23 am
i got the game this weekend maybe see some of u out on the road....

HE HATE ME 77
Jan. 21st, '13, 2:50 am
i sent a car club request pixel....

OSB
Jan. 21st, '13, 5:33 am
I bought it, and you should have a mail message in the game menu to claim your credits. I'll double check the purchase when I get on the 360 later. :agree:

Confirmed that I bought it, and so did several other folks. :thumbsup:

TSnake57
Jan. 21st, '13, 7:45 am
Confirmed that I bought it, and so did several other folks. :thumbsup:

Nice!! I didn't get a chance to look yesterday... will check and rake in my profits today. :)

deadhead 10
Jan. 21st, '13, 2:50 pm
did anybody get the rally pack

OSB
Jan. 21st, '13, 11:50 pm
Not as of this time. I may get it in the future, but that's not a sure thing yet.

jujimum
Jan. 23rd, '13, 12:41 am
The rally aspect does appeal to me since I love some rally racing games. My worry is that I've absolutely hated others. It's very tempting though.

I started working on a design last night and realized I've lost all desire and/or patience. I was three layers deep and hated it :( Sucks too.

So I ended up doing some events and trying to get into 1st place out of our club :rofl:

I guy I used to game with once did some calculations and said that Manual transmissions were just a tad faster than doing automatic. It seems like there is a much bigger difference in this version. I was trying to beat one of pixel's times and he'd basically get a 3 second head start. Plus, I noticed he was able to get his car into 5th gear when my automatic would never leave 4th.

So I tried to do a manual. I'll never do that again. It used to be an achievement and that's the only time I'd do it. How you guys do manual is beyond me. Maybe it's because I suck at it in real life, but in the game it's impossible for me to do. Just like real life, it's too much to think about :rofl:

I don't remember if I ended up getting first in one of the events. I know I was about to give up because I was making "4 in the morning mistakes" :rofl: I did climb atop a few of them but some I wasn't happy how I did it. I bumped walls.

Last night I also read that there were monthly challenges within your club. I didn't look into it but figured no one is really active enough that it'd be worth doing.

deadhead 10
Jan. 23rd, '13, 9:37 am
I'm a fan of rally racing as well. With the game based out of Colorado you would hope they would put in the original Pikes Peak run which was all dirt. and are they going to keep adding rally packs to this game

OSB
Jan. 23rd, '13, 11:53 am
Juji I've been driving manual since I've learned how to drive, so it's essentially second nature for me. In this game though, the only reason I used it is to get more money out of each race, and it helps when doing the PR Stunt Skills Challenges, since keeping the car in a lower gear at high RPM helps keep those tires spinning so I can more easily chain combos to get the points needed to complete those things. I was just starting to get on a roll with those when I came down with a nasty case of Skyrim fever, though I'm sure in time that I'll be back to this game to finish what I started. I'm determined to get 100% completion for this game; the only other game I ever did that with was Red Dead Redemption, which I played on the PS3.

jujimum
Jan. 23rd, '13, 2:52 pm
I absolutely give kudos to those of you that use Manual. My brain doesn't work that way :rofl: When I was trying to see if I could knock pixel's 3 second lead down by using manual, the countdown went to 0 and I immediately threw my car into reverse :rofl: Yes, that was just a matter of pressing the wrong button. So I tried it again. Ugh! I couldn't shift at all and would shift too early almost every time. I usually have music blaring so I can't go by the sound. To be perfectly honest though, without music I still couldn't do a manual.

Kind of like playing forward in NHL. Maybe if I practiced at it I could do it a bit better, but I'll never be able to do it good enough ;)

pixel_archived
Jan. 23rd, '13, 4:50 pm
Using manual is just like playing a musical instrument. Everyone sucks but it takes practice and after a few days you can do it without thinking. When learning whatever instrument you have to think about each note and it feels impossible. Do the same song over and over and by day 2 you will be able to play a good portion of that song without thinking about the note that has to be played next.

The only reason I can do it now was I sucked my ass off for hours until it became second nature. Now I find racing games boring if I don't use manual.

Obviously some are able to learn it quicker than others but if you can type on a keyboard the you can hit LB and B on a joystick. Both require the same thought process and both takes practice.

He Hate Me - I didn't see your post until now. I will add you to the club today at some point.

jujimum
Jan. 23rd, '13, 4:56 pm
The only reason I can do it now was I sucked my ass off for hours until it became second nature. Now I find racing games boring if I don't use manual.

I think I was even using an "automatic" clutch. There are options for auto, manual, and manual w/clutch I think. So it was just hitting B to shift :(

Remember, you're talking to someone who in NHL games can't pull off a deke, pauses games when shooting, etc. :rofl:

pixel_archived
Jan. 23rd, '13, 5:10 pm
I think I was even using an "automatic" clutch. There are options for auto, manual, and manual w/clutch I think. So it was just hitting B to shift :(

Remember, you're talking to someone who in NHL games can't pull off a deke, pauses games when shooting, etc. :rofl:

You don't pull that stuff off because you don't practice it. Take a look at my profile... I have like 1,000+ deke attempts and something like 300 successful. It took me a thousand games to pull off that one advanced deke in a game. You can play the saxophone right? That has 16+ keys and requires combinations to play some notes. Generally the best people at doing dekes in NHL are guys you don't want to play with because they are deking (practicing) instead of passing. Not because they are more skilled but because they aren't concerned that they will fuck up and don't care that their teammates think they are selfish.

The human brain is amazing at what it can accomplish with practice. You just have to fight through the burn.

jujimum
Jan. 23rd, '13, 5:16 pm
You just have to fight through the burn.

You had me until there :razz:

HE HATE ME 77
Jan. 23rd, '13, 6:08 pm
i can drive manual in the games but im too lazy lololol

deadhead 10
Jan. 23rd, '13, 8:36 pm
driving with a manual transmission is the only way I know how to drive in these games. I like to pick and choose which gear I like to be in when going into a corner or coming out of the corner

TSnake57
Jan. 24th, '13, 1:33 pm
I drive manual in manual most of the time in racing games, except for games feel "arcadey" (sp?). I consider Horizon to be one of those games.

deadhead 10
Feb. 8th, '13, 3:41 pm
I got the rally pack last night. did anybody else happen to pick up the expansion pack

OSB
Feb. 8th, '13, 3:56 pm
Not yet, but its likely only a matter of time.

HE HATE ME 77
Feb. 8th, '13, 5:09 pm
im probably gonna get it next week .... im close to 100% the main single player then ill tackle the rally races

deadhead 10
Feb. 8th, '13, 10:02 pm
it's hard in a fun kind of way. the rally races seem a little bit longer than some of the other races and there's like 3 to 4 stages in the early races

jujimum
Feb. 9th, '13, 11:42 am
it's hard in a fun kind of way. the rally races seem a little bit longer than some of the other races and there's like 3 to 4 stages in the early races

Are they point-to-point races only or is there a mixture. Personally, in rally racing, I like the point-to-point but don't mind having a variety either.

deadhead 10
Feb. 9th, '13, 2:50 pm
Are they point-to-point races only or is there a mixture. Personally, in rally racing, I like the point-to-point but don't mind having a variety either.
from what i've seen so far their point 2 point. your also racing at night to. now for the tuning. just add the rally parts on and add some hp and your gd to go.

HE HATE ME 77
Feb. 12th, '13, 7:15 pm
i have it now.... not bad ...

OSB
Feb. 13th, '13, 11:30 am
I just got the latest DLC for Skyrim, so it will a while longer before I get back to this game, though I will definitely get back to this game, it's only a matter of when. :thumbsup: