PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL Xbox App for iPhone/iPad

murph
Dec. 7th, '11, 3:10 pm
Stop getting your accounts hijacked! ;)

http://majornelson.com/2011/12/07/introducing-the-official-xbox-live-ios-app

Direct Link to App Store
http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id=te1Fq2FCseg&subid=&offerid=146261.1&type=10&tmpid=3909&RD_PARM1=http%3A%2F%2Fitunes.apple.com%2Fus%2Fapp% 2Fmy-xbox-live%2Fid480914036%3Fmt%3D8

SoulControlla99
Dec. 7th, '11, 3:19 pm
I never did get these apps. I just log into xboxlive through my browser on my phone and it works fine. I send messages and whatever I need to.

bones56
Dec. 7th, '11, 3:20 pm
yeah i just deleted the other 2 i had on my phone. lol

silentmiller
Dec. 7th, '11, 3:23 pm
I never did get these apps. I just log into xboxlive through my browser on my phone and it works fine. I send messages and whatever I need to.

Ditto.

GrandmasterB
Dec. 7th, '11, 5:57 pm
I'm always on my iPhone or iPad, so this is perfect!

Just got it installed and setup....AMAZING! Much better than that other POS they used to have.

Jeffrey99
Dec. 7th, '11, 7:44 pm
Just downloaded it. Pretty nice app. Much better then other ones I've tried. Not sure what took them so long. Lol

OSB
Dec. 7th, '11, 8:36 pm
Just installed it on my iPad, initial reaction is very positive!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Phoenix 2.0
Dec. 7th, '11, 8:57 pm
Shake your iDevice to make your avatar fall down... My son thinks its awesome

Tuffalupagus
Dec. 7th, '11, 9:14 pm
Thanks for the info!!!Sweet App!!

Jepockn
Dec. 7th, '11, 11:16 pm
wont allow me to sign in even though email and pass are correct

murph
Dec. 8th, '11, 11:02 am
yeah it's pretty nice. especially on ipad.

pretty funny how they made it as much like the Windows 7 Phone Xbox app as possible on iPhone :)

silentmiller
Dec. 8th, '11, 4:40 pm
wont allow me to sign in even though email and pass are correct

There. Is new TOS to agree to, on the website. At least thats what I had to do.

DrugMonkeyRX
Dec. 8th, '11, 4:45 pm
what about for Android users?

OSB
Dec. 8th, '11, 6:09 pm
After using it for two days I'm noticing some issues. It is common to not be able to retrieve messages. It is common to not be able to send messages. I often have to sign out and back in to get stuff to work again, but it is still sketchy at best. They need to fix this with a patch soon. Videos and advertisements work great of course, but the reason I got it, the social interaction, that stuff is definitely broken. Guess they had their priorities straight. :rofl:

Phoenix 2.0
Jun. 13th, '12, 2:28 pm
http://9to5mac.com/2012/06/13/control-your-xbox-with-iphone-with-the-updated-my-xbox-live-app/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Microsoft just updated its My Xbox LIVE app to include functionality for controlling content on your Xbox from your iPhone. The app which previously let you access Xbox LIVE achievements, connect with friends, and change your 3D avatar, now lets iPhone users “connect, control and discover content” from their console through a number of new features including a remote with “play, pause, fast forward and rewind”.

Earlier this month Microsoft previewed a new AirPlay-like wireless streaming app called “SmartGlass” that will allow users to share video content from their mobile devices (iOS included) with their Xbox. The previewed app will also include integration with Xbox games, but Microsoft only mentioned Windows 8 support for those features.

A full list of new features in version 1.5 of the My Xbox LIVE app is below:

What’s New in Version 1.5

iPhone:
• Use your iPhone with your Xbox to connect, control and discover content on your console. Connect your iPhone for access to a quick list of your most recent console activity. Control your content with play, pause, fast forward and rewind media controls. Find fresh entertainment to play in the new Discover section.
• Improved Authentication to make it more stable

iPad:
• Improved Authentication to make it more stable
• iPad high-resolution images

pretty damn cool. I just updated the app and switched on the Xbox companion and was navigating my Xbox through the iPhone, meh, but the one thing that would truly kick ass is when a new demo comes out that you have to try but you are at work. Load up the app and flip on your 360 remotely and start the download, by the time you got home from work that tasty demo should be all loaded! that would kick ass.

OSB
Jun. 13th, '12, 3:26 pm
I'm going to have to re-install and update this app. Turning my iPad or iPod into a remote for it has potential (among other promised features). If they can start streaming music to my XBox from my iPad or iPod, I'll be a happy man. :onfire: